Matches V Derby (h) **let’s get 10k**

Just noticed this on the Derby forum, of all places!
- https://www.jackfm.co.uk/jack-shop/...ail&utm_campaign=Matt+Richardson+joins+JACKfm

Meanwhile as of Thursday afternoon - Derby fans still able to register as a new user and purchase online for the home ends.

@OUSP Secretary - do the club ever attempt to stop this happening? Seems utterly ludicrous to me.
Stewards need to be at their best then!

Ive been in the 'home' areas at many away grounds ( no colours , not shouted my mouth off - often with acquaintances) - that said if 'infiltrators' respect their in a home area and don't go gob off, its not a real issue

cant see Derby fans being very respectful tbh

its a contravention of ground regs being in an area that the ticket holder isn't designated to be in- those who contravene that regulation may be ejected ( with no refund) , possibly prosecuted too

Stewards need to be at their best then!

Ive been in the 'home' areas at many away grounds ( no colours , not shouted my mouth off - often with acquaintances) - that said if 'infiltrators' respect their in a home area and don't go gob off, its not a real issue

cant see Derby fans being very respectful tbh

its a contravention of ground regs being in an area that the ticket holder isn't designated to be in- those who contravene that regulation may be ejected ( with no refund) , possibly prosecuted too

I think they'll be fine. Was an excellent back and forth atmosphere at Pride Park.

It's just frustrating that when it's obviously going to be an away sell out, we don't act to ensure we can fill the home ends with Oxford supporters (if required).
If a new manager is appointed, especially say Appleton, you could be looking towards a home sell out and there will be people who miss out on tickets because the club have not prevented away fans registering on the system.

I know it will be handfuls, not hundreds, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be prevented.

Remaining seats at 11.30pm on Tuesday (28/2) stand at 2,908, which means a respectable 159 sales in the past 24 hours.

Seats still left amount to

South Stand Lower 607 (110/139/71/5/1/43/122/116)

South Stand Upper 490 (190/19/15/0/16/18/232)

East Stand 806 (118/151/84/122/107/224)

North Stand 1005 (228/196/264/317)

That gives me an overall estimated total (including 1400 away fans & 290 in boxes) of 8,232 at present although I would rely on Colin for the overall calculation.

From a Derby FF..................
"I missed out on the Oxford away tickets. I had been trying to register on the Oxford site for home tickets for the past week and according to their information it was straightforward to register for first time purchasers but when you got to the final button it brought up 'invalid page' and I couldn't continue. I looked on their forum and there were complaints that the system never works properly and home fans now resort to the phone or attend the ticket office to buy tickets. Anyway, I tried again this morning and at the third attempt I managed to register - I have no idea as to what I did differently - I felt I had cracked the Enigma code - but within five minutes I had bought two seats and received the e-tickets in my inbox."

Says it all................ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I really hope the club looks at the challenges of purchasing tickets - even trying to get the map up to dot count takes too many clicks in this day and age (and is variable!).

The problems with season ticket renewals and buying tickets for cup matches have all been well highlighted and complained about in the past. I appreciate that the club will be using an outside package but if Adam Benson has been targeted with improving the customer experience journey, then making ticket purchasing smooth and straightforward is the vital first step in that journey!

Great opportunity to meet Nijinsky -Trevor Hebberd - Oxford's finest ever midfielder (if not player) at the Derby match! Will always remember the journalist Brian Glanville's description of him after our 1986 Milk Cup triumph - 'he bestrode the Wembley turf like a modern day Colossus'.

Great opportunity to meet Nijinsky -Trevor Hebberd - Oxford's finest ever midfielder (if not player) at the Derby match! Will always remember the journalist Brian Glanville's description of him after our 1986 Milk Cup triumph - 'he bestrode the Wembley turf like a modern day Colossus'.

A fantastic player for us.
Another thing said about him was that 'when Hebberd plays well Oxford play well'

Current home sales are 6,730 meaning 220 sold in the last 48 hours, so well on course for the first target of 7,000 by Monday, and then a 10,000+ total attendance.

All areas are selling well, but the East Stand is lagging slightly behind, although it's not unusual for the East Stand to not pick up until the last few days before the game.

Just noticed this on the Derby forum, of all places!
- https://www.jackfm.co.uk/jack-shop/...ail&utm_campaign=Matt+Richardson+joins+JACKfm

Meanwhile as of Thursday afternoon - Derby fans still able to register as a new user and purchase online for the home ends.

@OUSP Secretary - do the club ever attempt to stop this happening? Seems utterly ludicrous to me.
I'm going to be very much on my own I feel with this opinion, but if the game isn't likely to be a full house, I have very few issues with 100 or so ardent away fans spreading themselves about the ground and letting us take their money, the majority are unlikely to cause any kind of scene, they'll be largely silent so won't have an adverse impact on the home atmosphere and we get an extra few grand which when as a club, we rely on ticket sales as our biggest revenue stream, does help.

I really hope the club looks at the challenges of purchasing tickets - even trying to get the map up to dot count takes too many clicks in this day and age (and is variable!).

The problems with season ticket renewals and buying tickets for cup matches have all been well highlighted and complained about in the past. I appreciate that the club will be using an outside package but if Adam Benson has been targeted with improving the customer experience journey, then making ticket purchasing smooth and straightforward is the vital first step in that journey!
We are meeting with Adam next week, and the abysmal ticket purchase process is one of the (several) points on the agenda, alongside season ticket packages/offers (notably the amazing 15% discount of last weekend, immediately followed by even bigger discounts in the sale!), and the away fan in home end issue raised above by @Front Post.
If anyone has any other specific points you would like raised, please email them to me.

I'm going to be very much on my own I feel with this opinion, but if the game isn't likely to be a full house, I have very few issues with 100 or so ardent away fans spreading themselves about the ground and letting us take their money, the majority are unlikely to cause any kind of scene, they'll be largely silent so won't have an adverse impact on the home atmosphere and we get an extra few grand which when as a club, we rely on ticket sales as our biggest revenue stream, does help.

You know, it can even be slightly beneficial to the atmosphere - give it a bit more of an edge. Angrier fans can often be noisier fans (when that anger is not directed at the team, but to supporting them instead!)

My first ever game, back in April 94, some West Brom fans snuck into that standing section in the corner of the Beech Road. When they struck up at around the twenty minute mark, the ground got a whole lot livelier in a hurry!
(That was one of two memories I have of that game.....the other is Alex Dyer getting into a punch-up and getting sent off)

Dot count as of 10.30 pm on Thursday night (March 2nd)

Remaining tickets are 2,722

South Stand Lower 532 (110/105/65/5/1/3/97/116 for Blocks 1-8)
South Stand Upper 466 (185/15/14/0/12/17/223 for Blocks 9-15)
East Stand 785 (115/148/78/115/105/224 for Blocks 16-21)
North Stand 939 (230/171/237/301 for Blocks 22-25)

That means there have been 186 sales in the past 48 hours so the rate has slowed down slightly after a decent initial post-Robinson bounce. South Stand sales are going well across both levels while the East Stand remains slow to date.

Overall, we are at a healthy 6,823 home sales (using Colin's home seats capacity figure of 9,545). Add on Derby (1400+) and boxes (290 max) and we are at an estimated 8,513.

Promotion for the match by the club has been relatively quiet to date and hopefully there will be a big marketing push post-Lincoln allied to a popular manager appointment!

Last edited:
Dot count as of 10.30 pm on Thursday night (March 2nd)

Remaining tickets are 2,672

South Stand Lower 532 (110/105/65/5/1/3/97/116 for Blocks 1-8)
South Stand Upper 416 (185/15/14/0/12/17/223 for Blocks 9-15)
East Stand 785 (115/148/78/115/105/224 for Blocks 16-21)
North Stand 939 (230/171/237/301 for Blocks 22-25)

That means there have been 236 sales in the past 48 hours so the rate has slowed down slightly after a decent initial post-Robinson bounce. South Stand sales are going well across both levels while the East Stand remains slow to date.

Overall, we are at a healthy 6,873 home sales (using Colin's home seats capacity figure of 9,545). Add on Derby (1400+) and boxes (290 max) and we are at an estimated 8,563.

Promotion for the match by the club has been relatively quiet to date and hopefully there will be a big marketing push post-Lincoln allied to a popular manager appointment!
Gods work

Slow sales on Friday so far with 43 more tickets sold up to 5.30pm.

That means there are 2,679 seats remaining and an estimated 6,866 sold - with overall sales at an estimated 8,556.

Last edited:
Slow sales on Friday so far with 43 more tickets sold up to 5.30pm.

That means there are 2,629 seats remaining and an estimated 6,916 sold - with overall sales at an estimated 8,606.
Get a positive result tomorrow and a new manager in next week then I think it could be a sell out.

Remaining seats as of 2.00pm on Sunday are 2,598

Seats left in each stand and block are as follow

South Stand Lower 509 (110/102/59/5/0/29/88/116)
South Stand Upper 443 (184/11/14/0/10/16/208) - my total for this stand was 50 too low in my past two posts which I have now edited to the correct totals
East Stand 766 (115/138/77/110/102/224)
North Stand 880 (215/157/228/280)

That means 124 sales since Friday night so perhaps not surprisingly the result at Lincoln hasn't produced a bounce in tickets for Derby.

That said, overall, we are at 6,947 home seats sales. Add on Derby (1400+) and boxes (290 max) and we are at an estimated 8,637.

A popular and relatively early managerial appointment this week, allied to a strong club marketing/promotional push, should see us past 10,000.

Remaining seats as of 2.00pm on Sunday are 2,598

Seats left in each stand and block are as follow

South Stand Lower 509 (110/102/59/5/0/29/88/116)
South Stand Upper 443 (184/11/14/0/10/16/208) - my total for this stand was 50 too low in my past two posts which I have now edited to the correct totals
East Stand 766 (115/138/77/110/102/224)
North Stand 880 (215/157/228/280)

That means 124 sales since Friday night so perhaps not surprisingly the result at Lincoln hasn't produced a bounce in tickets for Derby.

That said, overall, we are at 6,947 home seats sales. Add on Derby (1400+) and boxes (290 max) and we are at an estimated 8,637.

A popular and relatively early managerial appointment this week, allied to a strong club marketing/promotional push, should see us past 10,000.
When are most tickets sold in the week before a game?
I reckon the new manager will be announced Thursday ( ish). So that will hopefully give the numbers a bounce. We should get 10k if a new manager is announced

Back
Top Bottom