Dot Counting 11k v Derby?

Attendance tracking

Foley

Derby have sold out.
5th v 4th having just won in the last minute.
The North Stand looks just about sold out except for the family stand.
Hopefully we can get to 11k- the highest crowd of the season to date.

Derby have sold out.
5th v 4th having just won in the last minute.
The North Stand looks just about sold out except for the family stand.
Hopefully we can get to 11k- the highest crowd of the season to date.
It's possible.

For it to be achieved we would need 9,200 home sales, plus the 290 in the boxes. At the moment we're at 7,850 GA sales, so 8,150 once the boxes are added in, meaning another 1,350 needed. We've sold 200 since midnight last night, and I'd expect good sales in the next three days, following today's last gasp win.

1,629 home seats left at 10.30pm on Boxing Day evening, meaning sales today (so far) of 278.

That means total home seat sales of 7,925. Add in boxes and we are at approx 8,200. With confirmed away fans of 1,497 that brings us up to an overall estimate of 9,700 already.

Think we will definitely beat the Cambridge crowd today of 10,407 (which was a home sell out with 560 from Cambridge) but probably fall a few hundred short of 11,000 (hope I'm wrong though!).

Our remaining seats are split:

North Stand 315 (less than 40 in each block apart from the end block 22)
East Stand 362 (central blocks selling very fast)
South Stand Upper 295 (seats together only in two end blocks)
South Stand Lower 657

Midnight count had us at 7,951 GA sales, meaning 316 sold over the previous 24 hours. If we add in the approximately 1,800 for boxes and Derby's sales then we were at 9,750 at midnight.

We have three full days of sales to go, and from this point on we normally sell anywhere between 1,000 and 1,600. So, as @Thecurraghofkildare says above it will definitely exceed the Cambridge total (we only need another 650 for that) and even the lower end of expected sales of 1,000 would put us at 10,750. We need 1,250 to hit 11,000 which is achievable. Interesting one, and the next 24/48 hours will be key.

1,387 home seats left at 5.15pm on Wednesday, meaning sales today (so far) of 216.

That means total home seat sales of 8,167. Add in boxes and Derby and we are at approx 9,950 total sales.

Our remaining seats are split:

North Stand 243
East Stand 285
South Stand Upper 253
South Stand Lower 606

600+ sales in the last 2 days are good. I noticed that the club put out on social media that there were limited tickets and to buy before they run out, and another post about the fans playing their part in the victory. This is a positive step forward and a repeat tomorrow morning with the numbers available will hopefully see another good sales day.

Also, am I right in saying that walk up sales might be restricted due to Derby selling their allocation? This might affect those fans who only go to a couple of games a season and are not on the clubs database. Hopefully confirmation on this is put out tomorrow too.

Slightly off topic but our current average home attendance for league games this season stands at 8973. Friday's night game will take us over an average of 9k which we haven't achieved since 1988.

You're right, and as much as I feel that the club can do more to market games and enhance the matchday experience, we are very clearly getting something right with the highest average outside of the top flight in 50 years.

On the subject of attendance, I saw an exchange on twitter where a fan of around 3 years was coating off some 'daytrippers' at the Boxing Day because they didn't know all the players names or all of the chants. He then said that he'd rather see empty seats than have these people return.

Firstly, there are fans I know who have followed our club for decades but rarely get to games anymore but always go up on Boxing Day. They deserve a damnsight more respect than this idiot was showing. Also, this may have been their very first experience of watching Oxford live. We should all be doing everything we can to encourage new fans, and then to make them feel welcome and wanting to return.

In less than 3 years we will hopefully be playing in front of 15,000 home fans in our new home, and some of them will be brand new or returning after years away. Some of our fans need to drop the bullshit that you're not a proper fan unless you've got a barberry scarf and film yourself doing limbs!

On the subject of attendance, I saw an exchange on twitter where a fan of around 3 years was coating off some 'daytrippers' at the Boxing Day because they didn't know all the players names or all of the chants. He then said that he'd rather see empty seats than have these people return.

Yes I did see that exchange and that poster is on this forum too.

I share a completely opposite view to them, I was born in Oxford in 1988 so missed out on our glory days, my parents weren't football fans and I didn't attend my first Oxford game until the age of 8 which was a school trip. I only started regularly going in 2002 when me and a few others from school use to catch the football special bus from Abingdon. I didn't know any of our players or anything about our history but over the years I have learnt this.

I'm now a season ticket holder along with my son and I will be bringing my youngest son who is currently 19 months old along in a couple of seasons to be the next generation.

We all have to start somewhere and shouldn't discriminate against any newbies attending.

I share a completely opposite view to them, I was born in Oxford in 1988 so missed out on our glory days, my parents weren't football fans and I didn't attend my first Oxford game until the age of 8 which was a school trip. I only started regularly going in 2002 when me and a few others from school use to catch the football special bus from Abingdon. I didn't know any of our players or anything about our history but over the years I have learnt this.

I'm now a season ticket holder along with my son and I will be bringing my youngest son who is currently 19 months old along in a couple of seasons to be the next generation.

We all have to start somewhere and shouldn't discriminate against any newbies attending.
One thing people should remember is we were all newbies at some point and we wouldn’t have appreciated having that said to us. I first started going in 1983 and probably would’ve been one of many at the start of the glory years.

Last edited:

How do you know that poster is also on this forum?

Just did a count also Colin and one more sale in the last minute (!) taking us to 8,255 seat sales.

There are now 1,299 seats remaining split 224 North Stand, 251 East Stand, 234 South Stand Upper and 590 South Strand Lower.

That takes the overall total up to 10,000+ with this evening and two days to go.

One thing people should remember is we were all newbies at some point and we wouldn’t have appreciated having that said to us. I first started going in 1983 and probably would’ve been one of many at the start of the glory years.

I was also a newbie in '83 having started watching the Milk Cup run from the Newcastle game.

I'm not sure if we jumped on the glory wagon or inspired it!

I was also a newbie in '83 having started watching the Milk Cup run from the Newcastle game.

I'm not sure if we jumped on the glory wagon or inspired it!
I know not but they were fantastic days and I had my first season ticket in 84-85 and have done ever since. So many great memories and some painful ones also.
Steve Biggins scorer of a lot of goals that season(83-84) coached the boys team I played for and Malcolm Shotton who lived in the village often watched.

Last edited:
This will be the 4th crowd of 10k or more this season so far.
And it will be the biggest Crowd of the season by a distance.
And I know that it doesn't really matter, but it would be great if it was 11k!!!

11.15pm update on Wednesday and now 1,223 home seats remaining, which means total home seat sales of 8,331, and sales today of a very healthy 380.

Remaining seats are:

200 in North Stand
220 in East Stand
229 in South Stand Lower
574 in South Stand Upper

Total sales of an estimated 10,100 so far.

11.15pm update on Wednesday and now 1,223 home seats remaining, which means total home seat sales of 8,331, and sales today of a very healthy 380.

Remaining seats are:

200 in North Stand
220 in East Stand
229 in South Stand Lower
574 in South Stand Upper

Total sales of an estimated 10,100 so far.
I had us at 8,344 at midnight, so 13 sales between 11:15pm and midnight. 393 sales in the last 24 hours.

It's a similar pattern to the Cambridge game in that, once a block goes down to single seats only remaining, they seem to stick, and sales progress to the next block where seats are available together. This ends with the inevitable end two blocks of SSL being the only places where people can sit together, if they purchase late. I would expect that's where we'll be at by the end of today, as we're nearly at that point now.

Back
Top Bottom