Matches V Derby (h) **let’s get 10k**

Me and my son got our tickets today. The club have done what we were all pleading for - all be it way too late - so now it’s our turn to do our bit.

OK, here we go.

I've done a count this morning and we're currently at just over 6,500 home sales. That's actually very good for this stage of proceedings. To add some context I compared it with some of the 10,000+ games from last season and this is how many we had sold on the Monday before the game, so a FULL WEEK ahead of now:

Sheff Wed - 6,900
Portsmouth - 6,900
Bolton - 6,200
Cambridge - 6,500
Ipswich - 7,000

So I'd say we need to be at or around the 7,000 mark in a weeks time to be on course for 8,500+ home fans and 10,000+ total attendance. That's 500 in the next seven days, which is eminently doable. I'll check every other day this week, and then daily from next Monday and report back. An exciting managerial appointment and/or a win at Lincoln and I think things will really take off.

We've done it before, we KNOW we can do it again, so let's spread the word and get those tickets sold, especially as it will mean that I don't have so many dots to count!

Well done Colin - you beat me to it!

Quick question - there appear to be two blocks of 70 tickets in each of Block 1 (far left) and Block 22 (top right) which aren't for sale - also not available for the Cheltenham match - and I very much doubt these are all sold. Have you counted these in your total so far as I imagine they are being kept in reserve to be released if demand requires?

Would it be helpful if I show tickets remaining in each Block as before for your total calculations?

Let’s hope it’s not unusually high at this time due to Derby County fans buying tickets for the home ends and swelling the number.

OK, here we go.

I've done a count this morning and we're currently at just over 6,500 home sales. That's actually very good for this stage of proceedings. To add some context I compared it with some of the 10,000+ games from last season and this is how many we had sold on the Monday before the game, so a FULL WEEK ahead of now:

Sheff Wed - 6,900
Portsmouth - 6,900
Bolton - 6,200
Cambridge - 6,500
Ipswich - 7,000

So I'd say we need to be at or around the 7,000 mark in a weeks time to be on course for 8,500+ home fans and 10,000+ total attendance. That's 500 in the next seven days, which is eminently doable. I'll check every other day this week, and then daily from next Monday and report back. An exciting managerial appointment and/or a win at Lincoln and I think things will really take off.

We've done it before, we KNOW we can do it again, so let's spread the word and get those tickets sold, especially as it will mean that I don't have so many dots to count!
Thanks Colin

Our players are going to need all the help they can get so we should try and get 10000 for every remaining home fixture if possible.
If we can beat Ipswich with the players that we have then there is hope.
Obviously we want the new man in asap but the players will be looking to impress and I’m hoping that 48 points may be enough to stay up this year

Well done Colin - you beat me to it!

Quick question - there appear to be two blocks of 70 tickets in each of Block 1 (far left) and Block 22 (top right) which aren't for sale - also not available for the Cheltenham match - and I very much doubt these are all sold. Have you counted these in your total so far as I imagine they are being kept in reserve to be released if demand requires?

Would it be helpful if I show tickets remaining in each Block as before for your total calculations?
The early bird catches the worm!!!

I have included the two blocks of 70 that you mention, as they're allocated as comps by the club. Yes, it would be helpful if you did a block by block count please, it shares the load a bit. Maybe you do it on Tue, Thur, and Sat this week and I'll do my normal count up on the other days of this week?

Also in reply to @OxfordYankee I doubt that's the case, as this always comes up at the "bigger' games, and come the day there are never more than a small handful of away fans in home areas, if any at all.

OK, here we go.

Sheff Wed - 6,900
Portsmouth - 6,900
Bolton - 6,200
Cambridge - 6,500
Ipswich - 7,000

Boys and Girls, the counting King is back, you know shits turning a corner when we're back to dot counts

Back
Top Bottom