Fan's View Fan's view 23/24 - No.27: Derby at home

Happy New Year Paul. Let's hope January brings the reinforcements needed and, possibly, the return of some of the injured, we need them.

We looked bottom of the table it reminded me of rhe season when Sunderland scored 7 against us and Stoke 5 .That starting team not that long ago played some good football and looked solid ,when does the manager bounce happen or are we going splat. Happy new year

I was dreading reading this one. It confirmed everything I already thought. At no point on the night at the stadium did I think we were going to win. Bare bones is all we have at moment

Sums up the game I saw as well Paul. The three teams who have impressed me most so far are Derby, Bolton and Bristol Rovers. However we had our weakest possible team out against Derby whereas we had Murphy, Negru and Goodrham on the bench vs Bolton and Greg Leigh also played against Bristol Rovers. Difficult to say therefore who is the best but with their resources i cannot see past Derby and probably Bolton being at the top in May. At the start of the season I would have happily settled for upper mid-table as I thought it would take 3 transfer windows to enable us to recover from the previous 12 months. In January we will need at least 2/3 new players who can make an immediate impact on the first 11 and it also requires Leigh, Edwards, Long, Browne and Bodin to get fit and stay fit for the remainder of the season If we are to make the play-offs.
HNY Paul.

A very accurate assessment Paul. I reckon we will be playing in this league again next year.
HNY!

Sums up the game I saw as well Paul. The three teams who have impressed me most so far are Derby, Bolton and Bristol Rovers. However we had our weakest possible team out against Derby whereas we had Murphy, Negru and Goodrham on the bench vs Bolton and Greg Leigh also played against Bristol Rovers. Difficult to say therefore who is the best but with their resources i cannot see past Derby and probably Bolton being at the top in May. At the start of the season I would have happily settled for upper mid-table as I thought it would take 3 transfer windows to enable us to recover from the previous 12 months. In January we will need at least 2/3 new players who can make an immediate impact on the first 11 and it also requires Leigh, Edwards, Long, Browne and Bodin to get fit and stay fit for the remainder of the season If we are to make the play-offs.
HNY Paul.
Add Posh to the list, they are the best team we have played. Reality is the team that wins the league is the most consistent not the best on one or two days against OUFC.

One has to respect Paul Warne as a League 1 manager. I think he has had 3 (2?) promotions from league 1 with Rotherham and it looks like he will make it 4 with Derby.
He certainly knows how to motivate a team to play high intensity, focused, determined, strong (rather than than technical skilfull) that brings results in League 1. His Rotherham teams were the same but each time they got promoted a relegation soon followed, is that because his style of play doesn't suit the Championship?

Out of the 53 crosses, I wonder how many came shortly after a throw in. Each time Derby won a throw-in, within seconds it was being taken, no time for our defenders to think, to settle or mark up, straight back into play with a man ready to receive the ball (whilst we were still 15 yards away) then if the throw in was within 30 yards of goal line, a strong accurate cross was launched in inviting the forward to get on the end of it.
Compare that to our throw ins, we take 30 seconds, play it back to Moore then possibly the Beadle.

Back
Top Bottom