Matches V Derby (h) **let’s get 10k**

Forecast for Oxford is minus 4 over night.

Derby‘s form has dipped a little, so now is as good a time as any to play them. Get the game on!

Should be easily playable by 3pm, but who knows?
Interesting difference between BBC and met office on this. Met office says it only drops to 0, whereas BBC has -4!

Interesting difference between BBC and met office on this. Met office says it only drops to 0, whereas BBC has -4!

Accuweather says -3 overnight. Not as cold as the overnight temperature of -7 for the Barnsley game.

Update at 9.00pm on Friday

1894 seats remaining which means home seat sales of an estimated 7660.

Add in Derby (1,400) and boxes (290) and we are at an estimated 9,350.

Won’t be far off 10,000 but will probably fall just short.

You can add +2 to that if the game is on as haven’t got tickets yet with the overnight forecast.

Well, it's currently -2 in Oxford, so I guess the average of the metoffice and BBC proved accurate!

This is the strangest dot count I've done for a long time!

Sales at midnight were between 7,500 and 7,550 which means about 150 sales over the previous 24 hours. This still puts us within 100 of the Sheff Wed, Portsmouth, and Bolton 10,000+ attendances from last season, at this point, despite the sluggish week of sales. It's due to the higher early figures, which I think are due to higher season ticket sales than last season and some good post KR sales early last week.

We normally sell between 400 and 600 on a Friday for these sort of games, and between 400 and 600 on the day (which includes the 290 people in boxes). This would get us to just over 8,500 home sales and just tip us over the 10,000 total. The problem is that there has been nothing "normal" about this one, so anything could happen!

I'll do an early afternoon count, but will then be busy all evening, so will do my normal midnight count and post it on here in the morning.
7,750 home sales at midnight, meaning just over 200 over the last 24 hours, which is below the norm for this sort of game.

I don't think we'll reach 10,000 now. I'll go for a total of 9,750/9,850 once box holders, away fans, and on the day sales are added in. All in all a bit of an anti climax after a good start, and one that I feel could easily have been over 10,000 if we'd made an earlier managerial appointment that excited the fans.

7,750 home sales at midnight, meaning just over 200 over the last 24 hours, which is below the norm for this sort of game.

I don't think we'll reach 10,000 now. I'll go for a total of 9,750/9,850 once box holders, away fans, and on the day sales are added in. All in all a bit of an anti climax after a good start, and one that I feel could easily have been over 10,000 if we'd made an earlier managerial appointment that excited the fans.

Or just made an appointment 😂. Manning might not be a big name but even just announcing him as taking over after the Derby game would have possibly put a few sales on as a sign the club is moving on, it’s certainly a strange situation which doesn’t seem helpful to many areas of the club.

Or just made an appointment 😂. Manning might not be a big name but even just announcing him as taking over after the Derby game would have possibly put a few sales on as a sign the club is moving on, it’s certainly a strange situation which doesn’t seem helpful to many areas of the club.

The communications strategy, if there is one, is bizzare.

Maybe they are going to walk the new appointee onto the pitch before the game?

That would shift a few..................... :)

Final figure 9,706. Pleased to see CB & Curragh haven't lost their dot counting skills.
On the back of terrible set of results that is a good crowd.
Also the away allocation is 400 less than last year with it being reduced from 1,800 ish to 1,400.

The 20 or so very vocal, and mostly stood, Derby fans behind the Directors Box should’ve been removed.

The 20 or so very vocal, and mostly stood, Derby fans behind the Directors Box should’ve been removed.
I think you might be referring to those that were actually in the Directors Box as well as directly behind? We had to give them 28 tickets, as that's how many we took to their Boardroom for the reverse fixture. Normally it's 12 from each club, but their 28 were louder than you normally see in that area.

I think you might be referring to those that were actually in the Directors Box as well as directly behind? We had to give them 28 tickets, as that's how many we took to their Boardroom for the reverse fixture. Normally it's 12 from each club, but their 28 were louder than you normally see in that area.
Right.

Still annoyed the hell out of me.

Back
Top Bottom