Dot Counting 11k v Derby?

Attendance tracking
Just got up from my sick bed and pleased to see only 195 seats now left, meaning 9,359 GA sales. Add in the boxes and Derby sales and we're at 11,150 total.

Thanks to @Thecurraghofkildare for his sterling work over the last few days while I've been ill.

Last edited:
This is definitely selling out. 300 sales in the opening 5 hours of the day …but a social media whack will see it over the line

Does anyone know if they sell any ales in the quadrant or the holiday inn bars? Bottled is fine. Very partial to them and trying to figure out where to drink prematch by the ground

Does anyone know if they sell any ales in the quadrant or the holiday inn bars? Bottled is fine. Very partial to them and trying to figure out where to drink prematch by the ground

Why not venture into Blackbird leys or Littlemore/ Sanford and go to a proper pub? The Golden ball, George, British legion all in Littlemore, Catherine wheel in Sandford, Blackbird in the leys all around a 10/15 minute walk from the Kassam.

I dont believe so... Catherine Wheel Sandford or The George Littlemore are maybe the closest pubs to the breeze block offering ales ? ( @Paul B or @Maurice Earp may be able to more accurately advise/inform?)

I really am hoping those behind the Stadium on the Triangle design are factoring in the need for a proper pub there, one thats offering ales, farmhouse ciders and Craft beers, after all not everyone is happy with chemically infused, mass-produced fizzy swill pre-n post-match- nor for that matter sports bars

Why not venture into Blackbird leys or Littlemore/ Sanford and go to a proper pub? The Golden ball, George, British legion all in Littlemore, Catherine wheel in Sandford, Blackbird in the leys all around a 10/15 minute walk from the Kassam.
cant say Ive noticed ales on offer at The Blackbird - that's not saying there arent ales at The 'bird - though worth remembering The 'bird is CASH only ( @Norwich exile )

Its about a 10min or so walk to the breeze block from the 'bird

Last edited:
Not very helpful. I obviously prefer ‘proper pubs’ and usually go to the George, however the best offerings from there and the golden ball are bottled Newcastle Brown which is…not great imho. And I’m drinking by the ground as I’m nursing a knee injury atm and can’t walk far.

You won’t get anything in the holiday inn now, not open to the general public.

Just got up from my sick bed and pleased to see only 195 seats now left, meaning 9,359 GA sales. Add in the boxes and Derby sales and we're at 11,150 total.

Thanks to @Thecurraghofkildare for his sterling work over the last few days while I've been ill.
Only 94 left now. So we've sold 100 since I posted an hour ago.

Any bets on the time of the official Sell Out? I'm going for 4pm.

Yes I did see that exchange and that poster is on this forum too.

I share a completely opposite view to them, I was born in Oxford in 1988 so missed out on our glory days, my parents weren't football fans and I didn't attend my first Oxford game until the age of 8 which was a school trip. I only started regularly going in 2002 when me and a few others from school use to catch the football special bus from Abingdon. I didn't know any of our players or anything about our history but over the years I have learnt this.

I'm now a season ticket holder along with my son and I will be bringing my youngest son who is currently 19 months old along in a couple of seasons to be the next generation.

We all have to start somewhere and shouldn't discriminate against any newbies attending.
Well said. My experience is slightly different in a positive way. I started watching Oxford Utd two seasons ago as I wanted my daughter to support her local team and not to have to slog down to selhurst park twice a year max. The welcome she (and I) have had is superb. We sit in south stand lower and she absolutely loves it and go to 90% of home games. I have also been drawn in to the club, it’s brilliant history and great players. And for all the cynicism of football fans, please be in no doubt that this is a great football club.

All that said, I hope that welcome we got is available to all others. The newbies today are the dedicated fans of tomorrow. Long may newbies enjoy Oxford Utd

What a good turn out!
2 home sell outs in successive games ( there are a few odd tickets still around but just about a sell out)
Now let's get a result!

Thank you for all of the dot counting Curragh and Colin.

Back
Top Bottom