Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
12-18 months ago, I would’ve agreed with you, Henry has been brilliant, and is very talented, and that talent makes up for his lack of pace.

But he’s been struggling for form for a while now, and although the talent will always be unquestionable, he’s not producing the goods on a regular basis like he used to.

He’s also not a midfielder in my opinion, he’s a wide player or a number 10, and maybe the fact he’s playing too deep is why he’s been struggling.

He’s still got a huge amount to offer the team, be it from the start or from the bench, but in more advanced positions in my opinion.

Regardless of perceptions about his performances, Henry is our top assister for two seasons running. He was also second highest scorer in 2019/2020 and third highest scorer last season. He also scores highly for key passes per 90 minutes over the last 2 seasons, so he does create opportunities for others as well as score goals. Obviously stats are stats and Brannagan, McGuane and others will score and assist as well if given the opportunity. However, my point is Henry is a known quantity and is guaranteed goals and assists every season, which is not to be sniffed at as far as I'm concerned.

I'm more than happy with a midfield that contains Brannagan and McGuane though and squad rotation of talented players is a good thing throughout the season (unless it's Xemi playing instead of Ledson and Rothwell).

Regardless of perceptions about his performances, Henry is our top assister for two seasons running. He was also second highest scorer in 2019/2020 and third highest scorer last season. He also scores highly for key passes per 90 minutes over the last 2 seasons, so he does create opportunities for others as well as score goals. Obviously stats are stats and Brannagan, McGuane and others will score and assist as well if given the opportunity. However, my point is Henry is a known quantity and is guaranteed goals and assists every season, which is not to be sniffed at as far as I'm concerned.

I'm more than happy with a midfield that contains Brannagan and McGuane though and squad rotation of talented players is a good thing throughout the season (unless it's Xemi playing instead of Ledson and Rothwell).
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a MASSIVE James Henry fan, always have been, he’s been superb for us, and is still one of our most talented players in the squad.

But by his standards, he has been struggling for a while now, and I think he’ll continue to struggle as long as he’s used in midfield, he looks out of sorts in that role.

An inform, firing on all cylinders James Henry get’s in every starting lineup in this league, including ours, but as an attacker, out wide or as a number 10.

Mcguane didn't do diddly squat when he came on. Not so sure he is as good as people think on here.
Bloody hell,he was only on for five minutes
We we’re under the cosh after they equalised,very hard for anyone to come on and change things in midfield
If he starts 5/6 games and contributes very little fair enough

Last edited:
Bloody hell,he was only on for five minutes
We we’re under the cosh after they equalised,very hard for anyone to come on and change things in midfield
If he starts 5/6 games and contributes very little fair enough
Yeah but this is the yellows forum, a five minute appearance after a long injury layoff is more than enough time to make a judgement on how good a footballer is.

Henry went off down the tunnel alone at the end of the warmup on Saturday. All the other players stopped and clapped the fans together after finishing, but he ran off and disappeared sharpish. He also didn’t even glance at the fans or offer the most half-arsed clap imaginable before the game kicked off.

I found it very rude. He must be sold.

Henry went off down the tunnel alone at the end of the warmup on Saturday. All the other players stopped and clapped the fans together after finishing, but he ran off and disappeared sharpish. He also didn’t even glance at the fans or offer the most half-arsed clap imaginable before the game kicked off.

I found it very rude. He must be sold.

Perhaps he wanted to use the bathroom urgently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom