Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent post. Spot on. We will need a good quality squad of around 20 id imagine
Well, we have a squad of 24 already including the 'keepers.

If we are limited to 22 outfield players, then I can see Osei going out on loan and injured Hanson not being included.
Replace those two with LB cover and either Gorrin or Long cover and we will have a good squad.

Mous will be in the squad if no other CB is brought in, and I hope Cooper doesn't go out on loan as I think he could be a decent player for us.

Mous will be in the squad if no other CB is brought in, and I hope Cooper doesn't go out on loan as I think he could be a decent player for us

Doesn't Mous have to be registered in the squad to do with the PFA chairman? Or is it just registered as a player.

I can still see another winger/striker coming in it just depends who goes the other way.

It could be interesting with the transfer window closing after we have already played 5 league games. With the takeover completing hopefully before then and depending on the start we make the new board may decide to give Karl more funds, we could see some players that aren't impacting sent out on loan and replaced with better quality.

Not if we have to name the 22 beforehand.

Not if we have to name the 22 beforehand.

You're right, but last year I'm pretty sure you had to submit the final 22 man squad at the end of the transfer deadline, otherwise the players you signed on say the 31st of August wouldn't be able to play till January.

But he seems to have near 6 people in front of him, on high wages and Blackpool expect to bring someone in that dept later this coming week.
Don't doubt they'll let him go, can just see them keeping him under contract so they can sell for a fee (if we don't buy in Jan)

Loving the optimism, and I'm not far behind.

But I don't think that is a title winning 22, as I don't think DOY / Hanson / Mous would be near any other title chasing squad. In the case of Mous I'm only saying that because of age / fitness, and I do hope he proves me wrong.

However if at least 2 of those 3 got replaced, then I think the competiveness of our squad would go up another level.

This isn't a criticism as it has been a great window do far, and I'm sure we will see at least 1 but probably 2 additions before the window closes.
Honestly I think we've got enough cover across the rest of the squad that those three will very sparsely be used, most likely as options to rest players in the cups and as bench options if we have injuries. Only 18 in a matchday squad so those three and one other will miss out if everyone is fit. If we get injuries to the extent any of those three get regular league game time we've been very unlucky.

As it is with Hanson injured and DOY significantly down the pecking order now, I agree that likely neither will be registered in favour of a LB and a midfielder.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I'm not convinced we 'really' need anything else - we have Thorniley/Elechi who can cover LB if needed. I'd be more concerned at RB given Long's injury history, but then why would the club have tied Forde down again unless they viewed him as adequate cover.

Would be interested to hear the forum's view on where Henry and Sykes fit in this season?

Both very talented, technical players but I feel Brannagan/McGuane will be nailed on starters in the central roles and Whyte/Williams/Holland the obvious candidates out wide.
After the number of times KR had to shout to get Elechi into position yesterday, I think it will be a while before he is considered genuine cover.

Honestly I think we've got enough cover across the rest of the squad that those three will very sparsely be used, most likely as options to rest players in the cups and as bench options if we have injuries. Only 18 in a matchday squad so those three and one other will miss out if everyone is fit. If we get injuries to the extent any of those three get regular league game time we've been very unlucky.

As it is with Hanson injured and DOY significantly down the pecking order now, I agree that likely neither will be registered in favour of a LB and a midfielder.
I hope we give DOY a chance, if only because I’ve never seen him play, even online

Some good acquisitions this week.

Did Thorniley start in the play off games, don’t recall?

Whyte scored his hat trick v Shrewsbury down the middle so don’t discount him being played up top.

Where does Sykes fit in all this front 6 movement? Wouldn’t be surprised if he moves on for a fee. Not that I’d like this; he’s in my starting 11.
Thought Sykes was excellent against rovers yesterday, particularly in a very central role, he was happy to drop back and make things happen from a deep position. I've not been his best fan over the last 12 months but feel he will be involved from the start next weekend, McGuane isn't match fit and feel Sykes is ready to step up to the next level.

We have 24 in the squad already, and even if a couple of those we currently have go out on loan (or are left out of named squad), I'm sure they will be replaced.
So, six to miss out in matchday squads, not four... and that's before any of the upcoming youngsters are taken into account.[/b]

I hope we give DOY a chance, if only because I’ve never seen him play, even online
He barely featured for Walsall last season and has been used sparingly by Karl this pre-season, we almost certainly won't be seeing him play in league games and unless any of our other wingers/strikers go out on loan or are struck down by injuries, I don't think we'll see much of him in cup games

He barely featured for Walsall last season and has been used sparingly by Karl this pre-season, we almost certainly won't be seeing him play in league games and unless any of our other wingers/strikers go out on loan or are struck down by injuries, I don't think we'll see much of him in cup games
He’s miles off the standard of player we now have in the club. As you say, barely featured at L2 Walsall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom