Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayo
Gibson/Brown
Masterson

These sound interesting, loans from above or young player from below?
Interesting and and as today proved a bit of forward thinking.
Gibson or Brown
left centre half’s/left back
Masterson.
centre half/ right back

Interesting and and as today proved a bit of forward thinking.
Gibson or Brown
left centre half’s/left back
Masterson.
centre half/ right back
Masterson isn’t a bad shout as to who this player could be. Played in league one last season, worked with KR before when he was a boy and didn’t we try and sign him when he was a free agent.

Mousinho is a half-retired player/coach who will not be capable of playing even semi-regularly in L1 - stick him in for 8-10 games and see what happens - so we have four ‘reliable’ defenders. Long, Moore, McNally, Seddon. That’s one less than we had last season, when we were already short and lacking cover.

We need two more bodies at the back. One player to cover two spots and we will have learned nothing. Let’s see.

Thorniley was the one I was on about in my post on Thursday.
Blackpool paid money for him and he signed a long contract for them in Jan.
Can play both centre and left back
So would that be a loan or permanent? Seem to remember you saying it was either a player from a new championship side on a perm, or from a new prem club on loan?

Think he may have a knock - not in the Pompey squad today vs Posh.

He has slipped down the pecking order at Fratton Park though - barely featuring in pre-season.

I think injuries are still following him as well which is part of the problem. Pompey really should have let him go while they had the chance.

I was actually in favour of him coming in but Dan Agyei came on today and had that presence about him so I really don’t think we need to look any further than what we have. A few dodgy decisions in his little cameo but I think we can all see the player in there.

Not sure how I feel about the idea of Thorniley… is he really the staple CB we’re looking for? Or is the idea he comes in as a squad player and the search goes on for someone else?

Not sure how I feel about the idea of Thorniley… is he really the staple CB we’re looking for? Or is the idea he comes in as a squad player and the search goes on for someone else?
I had a look on Blackpool's forum and they seem to rate him highly.

Mousinho is a half-retired player/coach who will not be capable of playing even semi-regularly in L1 - stick him in for 8-10 games and see what happens - so we have four ‘reliable’ defenders. Long, Moore, McNally, Seddon. That’s one less than we had last season, when we were already short and lacking cover.

We need two more bodies at the back. One player to cover two spots and we will have learned nothing. Let’s see.
I tend to agree, throw into that that McNally is an unknown at this level and Long having experienced repetitive hamstring injuries at quite a young age, then at least two more bodies needed at the back in my view. I think we have some decent attacking options now. However, I don't think two major issues from last season have been addressed fully. Defensive options at the back and athleticism/power in the midfield. Hopefully, these are being looked at.

I tend to agree, throw into that that McNally is an unknown at this level and Long having experienced repetitive hamstring injuries at quite a young age, then at least two more bodies needed at the back in my view. I think we have some decent attacking options now. However, I don't think two major issues from last season have been addressed fully. Defensive options at the back and athleticism/power in the midfield. Hopefully, these are being looked at.
Isn't mcguane meant to be the athletic power player in the middle? I haven't been convinced by him thus far but hopefully proved wrong.

The funniest part is that they had the biggest season in there little history and none of the 10 fans could attend apart from the bloke that got chucked out at
I was lucky enough to manage two home games and even an away game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom