Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Bobby MacDonald has unfortunately now retired.

Don't be silly.

I did hear that Les Robinson impressed during his testimonial a few years ago though....can play anywhere across the back 6......

Have to assume that KR is targeting the Board with his post match comments in the OM.
Guessing his aspirations to bid on players or offer high end (L1 high end) salaries is being constrained. Sadly I feel that the sale of the club is stalled and Tiger, who has been frugal and maximised his return through player sales (He pushed for Atkinson sale), doesn’t want to fund KR’s shopping trip.
Wonder what he means when he says “when we can talk about these things in a couple of weeks”? Maybe there is movement in the Boardroom but it’s still weeks off and until that happens his hands and shopping opportunities are financially tied. Could be a frustrating pre-season and risks another messy start to the league season.

Have to assume that KR is targeting the Board with his post match comments in the OM.
Guessing his aspirations to bid on players or offer high end (L1 high end) salaries is being constrained. Sadly I feel that the sale of the club is stalled and Tiger, who has been frugal and maximised his return through player sales (He pushed for Atkinson sale), doesn’t want to fund KR’s shopping trip.
Wonder what he means when he says “when we can talk about these things in a couple of weeks”? Maybe there is movement in the Boardroom but it’s still weeks off and until that happens his hands and shopping opportunities are financially tied. Could be a frustrating pre-season and risks another messy start to the league season.
Does sound like this takeover has got a bit messy, behind the scenes. Hopefully it’s sorted quickly before it impacts this season.

Im usually at the front of the positive bus starting a merry sing song, but I'm starting to get uncomfortable and concerned. A real lack of info and rumours at the moment.
- Takeover happening/happened to ????
- Stratford Brake happening to ?????
- Amazing Thailand to EB. Possible downgrade?????
- ITKers full of info to no news at all?????
- No really ambitious signings IMO with no real rumours of anything significant incoming????
- No interaction with the board recently.
- Uninspiring new kit IMO released with little fanfare which is unusual.
Now KR ranting and unhappy alluding to something happening in last 24 hours and pointing out the sale of >£11M in last few years. Have we agreed to sell someone else?...... Have we missed out on a target as the board refused to pay what others offered?...... Have the board backed away with transfers funds????

Hopefully I'll be starting the singing on the bus again soon, but right now I'm feeling uneasy and anxious.

Robinson really putting the pressure on the board to get the check book out. Don’t sound too pleased with the squad depth going in to the new season.

Yep, getting a quote into the Oxford Mail is guaranteed to have the board quaking in their flip flops.

Reckon you could be right! Why would Stevens not play last night!? Only because he’s about to leave! All sounds a bit dodgy to me!

Sounded dodgy to me when we handed Eastwood a 3 year deal. He knows he’s not ousting Stevens any time soon and perhaps it was put to him that Stevens will be off and he will start on a level playing field with a new keeper.

Yep, getting a quote into the Oxford Mail is guaranteed to have the board quaking in their flip flops.
Failing to see the bigger picture? Let me simplify for you as you seem to be struggling to understand . Unhappy Robinson = Goodbye Robinson. Just like he did at Charlton and just like Wilder done here. Tool.

Robinson really putting the pressure on the board to get the check book out. Don’t sound too pleased with the squad depth going in to the new season.

But some on this forum saying we’re fine with what we’ve got, just need a left back!
Wake up and smell the coffee: KR knows this squad is currently no better than average League One. To compete near the top this season we need 4 or 5 QUALITY additions, NOT cross fingers and hope Clare/Forde/Elechi come good. Oh, and I’m very pleased that Hanson is
looking “trimmer” That’ll do then….

So, KR is looking for 5 new left-footed players, 2 Wingers and 2 Left backs. Not sure what that means for Cooper and Elechi who both look capable in that role last night.

His comment would also suggest McNally is not seen to be his first choice CB. In all fairness LM didn’t look comfortable on the left side of the defence being predominantly right footed.

It’s a typical KR comment but probably justified for the first time in years. This feels more competitive than recent years with lots of teams having a decent push. We do need to get quality in and it does have to be soon. Players need time to integrate and learn the little niches of each other’s games.

Not panicking this end, but would like a first choice LB and CB through the door this week. If the others come nearer the season or even after it’s opening, that is fine. The priority players must come soon.

Its good to hear KR not just settling. The way our model works we could see many players walk out the door next summer if we’re not even close to play offs/promotion. We must keep moving forward.

How this forum reacts every transfer window.

Robinson - "we'll do our business early, this is the best players league 1 has seen, we're going for it."

Forum - "B*****s!!!!"

Robinson - "squad not good enough, we need more, we have to compete."

Forum - "Yes bro, I knew we were potless, Horton out!!!!"

Little to say currently. Robbo summed it up reasonably well.

The wheels are turning but the takeover does muddy the water somewhat in terms of player trading until it is rubber stamped.
Trouble is this is exactly the time you need players in, this could really hamper us.
My guess is the players we are after command a fee or require higher wage and Tiger won’t sanction it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom