Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even IF we have to start the season without a LB,, Long can play there without any trouble, meaning we have to bring in Hanson or Forde as cover until we can get a replacement. I know neither of them are up to Long standard but are still capable.
If that happens something will have gone drastically wrong

My gut feeling is Robson was the top man for the LB role but now Ipswich have come in it's gotten much more complicated. The rumours are that we have a LB waiting to sign once they've recovered from Covid, so I don't think there is a need to panic unless that doesn't come to fruition. It might even be a blessing to get a good look at Elechi in the pre season games to get an idea of whether he's ready for that step up to backup LB. I personally didn't think Atkinson was ready in the close season last year, then pre season came and he blew me away with how good he was.
I wasn’t to impressed with Elechi when I saw him play and although that was last season I think he might need another year but play him in the P**s pot trophy

No not drunk at all, I was at the winbourne (Bournemouth)training camp, I was there with my kids watching the team train and members of management took a good 15 minutes to talk, players, ownership and general football.
And you didn't have a pen to write it down!! Or will you drip-feed it to us here?

And you didn't have a pen to write it down!! Or will you drip-feed it to us h

And you didn't have a pen to write it down!! Or will you drip-feed it to us here?
Why would I, the point of being there was to see the team training. To be completely clear, other than the left back, I asked about the young Scottish CB and the response was rumour was off the mark. I was told we are looking to sign another 6 players, two of which are wingers. Climate is difficult but we have money to spend. Board are doing a fantastic job and the team will be fitter than ever for the new season. Ownership situation takes time due to due diligence and pandemic. Also interest from someone else to be involved (possibly from Vietnam) not helping. Stadium situation is a 5yr project. As always with Oxford, we just need to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t be surprised if we haven’t already signed a forward or/and defender,
The club are going about it in the right way, no one needs to know yet.

Let's be honest we have been run very well the last few years we shouldn't even doubt what they are doing . We've had more good players signed than bad Iam sure that will be the same again. Well done the board Well done karl and staff like most calm people looking forward to the new signings and a better start and another great season 🤞🤞🤞

Let's be honest we have been run very well the last few years we shouldn't even doubt what they are doing . We've had more good players signed than bad Iam sure that will be the same again. Well done the board Well done karl and staff like most calm people looking forward to the new signings and a better start and another great season 🤞🤞🤞
That’s not the point really of course we should/will/have signed good players but if we have why don’t we need to know yet?

why does no one need to know yet?
We’ve had people on here in the past, saying Robinson is to open about his transfer strategy.
At the moment looks like we’re being tipped for mid table by are own, worried by the thought of others announcing decent signings.
If we’ve already signed players, or have loans being sorted later in the window.
Why not keep it to yourself, until it really counts.

The problem with not getting players in early means you have a disjointed start to the season
This has happened the past two years and has cost us because we are always playing catch up
I know loan players may take a bit longer but they are used to come in and strengthen the squad and give you depth
The core of the side should be there three weeks before the start of the season so that KR can see what works best.
Ridiculous trying things out in proper league matches, could be5/6 games in before we gel

We’ve had people on here in the past, saying Robinson is to open about his transfer strategy.
At the moment looks like we’re being tipped for mid table by are own, worried by the thought of others announcing decent signings.
If we’ve already signed players, or have loans being sorted later in the window.
Why not keep it to yourself, until it really counts.
Well what’s the advantage to keeping it to yourself? I’m pretty sure the football world would know who might be coming in so all your doing is not telling your own fans?

The problem with not getting players in early means you have a disjointed start to the season
This has happened the past two years and has cost us because we are always playing catch up
I know loan players may take a bit longer but they are used to come in and strengthen the squad and give you depth
The core of the side should be there three weeks before the start of the season so that KR can see what works best.
Ridiculous trying things out in proper league matches, could be5/6 games in before we gel
I agree, hopefully he’s learned from the last two seasons.
But the club will let you see, what they want you to see.
Who knows who’s involved out of sight or back at the club training, recovering .

Well what’s the advantage to keeping it to yourself? I’m pretty sure the football world would know who might be coming in so all your doing is not telling your own fans?
I’m sure some will know.
I’ve seen a newspaper article which mentioned we had signed a certain player.
But until that’s announced, it’s still only speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom