Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be connected to coaching, no other explanation. Not fit or good enough for a first-team place as the moment...a two-year contract taking him to 37 years of age as a central defender? Chiellini he isn't.
I really, really, REALLY hope that this is for the odd outing in the JPT only.

Just Rob Hall to announce and that's our business done for this week.

We used to do the same for Mickey Lewis in the late 90's when he was coaching. This is not a new idea

Sorry, but Mous *had* lost a lot of pace when we last saw him fit. Especially when having to chase back or turn. And he hasn't got any younger in the meantime. In two years time? I hate to think.

It's not a criticism of him personally (age takes it's toll on us all!), but we all saw it with our own eyes. As a coach he seems highly regarded and he seems like a bright guy. But as a player (with the nominated senior squad number restriction) he'd be would be taking up a slot I'd *hope* we could use for a player who would be useful in more than a dire emergency. Unless of course he is not nominated as one of that squad. In which case it would make sense...

Last edited:
can also slot in at holding midfield if push comes to shove.
But will be employed for his coaching and knowledge more than anything.

Also for his presence in the dressing room as KR has often talked about having the right people in there and he is an important part of the group looking in from afar.

Can't quite comprehend how anyone can see the Mous deal as anything but positive news, the guy isn't going to be a regular but his experience and personality around the squad will be invaluable, not to mention that he also strengthens our backroom team at the same time.

His connections through his role with the PFA can't be a bad thing either

I would rather have Mous and his influence about the squad (he is the PFA Chairman and is a great resource for the players) than Robbie Hall draining a wage.

Mous around the squad as back-up is another clever move.

And he probably could play at left back.

Can't quite comprehend how anyone can see the Mous deal as anything but positive news, the guy isn't going to be a regular but his experience and personality around the squad will be invaluable, not to mention that he also strengthens our backroom team at the same time.

His connections through his role with the PFA can't be a bad thing either
Agree.
The only question mark for me is the poxy on off on off squad limit rule.
Would Mous be unregistered if it's implemented again or take one of the places?
Waiting for someone to tell me I'm behind the times and it's now been clarified.......

Last edited:
Even though everyone had written him off a couple of seasons ago, Mous was superb, and until he got his injury in the last quarter of the season, he was mine, and many others player of the season.

But Father Time waits for no man, and he’s had a serious knee injury, and pretty much missed a whole season, which at his age, will be a lot of ground to make up.

However, as has been said, he’s incredibly fit for his age, so if he can reproduce the form and fitness of a couple of seasons ago, then I’m chuffed he’s signed a new deal.

But either way, he’s a massive part of this club, and is proving his worth amongst the coaching staff, so if it doesn’t work out for him on the pitch, I’m very happy he’ll still be remaining heavily involved.

Agree.
The only question mark for me is the poxy on off on off squad limit rule.
Would Mous be unregistered if it's implemented again or take one of the places?
Waiting for someone to tell me I'm behind the times and it's now been clarified.......

KR said in his ifollow interview, they were awaiting clarification that it will be the reported 22 players not including keepers and U21s.

Yeah me. I really hope he isn't Atkinson's replacement but I fear he will be. His legs are gone, strange decision to award him a two year contract. Appreciate he's an intelligent bloke and he's good to have around the place but his days of keeping clean sheets are long gone.
If he starts along side Moore against Cambridge then we would of had a shocker in the transfer window, guessing he'll play in the papa John trophy and keep on with his coaching

That's true but our strike rate isn't bad.

Last season hits would be Barker, Lee, McGuane and Shodipo. Last season's stinkers include Kelly and Grayson.

The season previous wasn't bad either.

Loan hits included Taylor, Woodburn, Cadden, Holland and Browne. The stinkers were Thorne (debatable to suggest Kelly was a stinker that season).
Woodburn wasn’t much cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom