Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s true, but collectively we do lack experience and maturity which showed on Tuesday. Interestingly Henry, who I really like, doesn’t seem to have the big match temperament. Sykes seems to perform well in big games but I always feel there’s a danger of him and Brannagan getting too worked up and being sent off.
Are we talking about the same Brannagan? Cameron has played 143 times & hasn’t been sent off once

I don’t really give a Dog a**e who we sign as long as they’re in the building by the middle of July at the latest I don’t want anymore bullshit waiting for certain players they either want to come here or they don’t we need the ones that do want to be/come here settled for the first game

I don’t really give a Dog a**e who we sign as long as they’re in the building by the middle of July at the latest I don’t want anymore bullshit waiting for certain players they either want to come here or they don’t we need the ones that do want to be/come here settled for the first game

It's that kind of thinking that gets you a David Hunt or a Tom Newey

Really?
I am not sure if you remember some of the players we signed in the past 'early'
I would rather wait and get the right players.

See you in 12 months for the Transfer Window 22 thread where KR’s rash signings undid all the good work and we can begin the search for a Director of Football.... As long as he’s free to start by middle July of course

Last edited:
Sorry WRox, I don't think we are .."close to being good enough to go up". Blackpool were head & shoulders above us last night & will be comfortable in the Championship if they are successful at Wembley. Ruffles looks like his head is already with another club & Hanson - well - sorry not good enough. We really missed Sam Long. I do not think paying a load of money for Barker is sensible either. We need a player like Blackpool's Ellis & experienced strong cover at CB & both FB sides PDQ so that we can plan for next season.
if they dont strengthen alot they will be straight back down again.

Blackpool and Lincoln both interested in Bowler apparently. Certainly looks a good fit with what we are after.
Take a look at the Everton U23s on Youtube...Bowler had a lovely time vs Leicester. Far above 23s level.

Dennis Adernian is another OOC at Everton this summer...has been on loan at Wycombe, but is a CM

As in an earlier post, we need someone with experience in the back four, a Tony Adams type, a leader. Blackpool showed how bad this is needed when we look tended to panic under pressure. Shame Mous wasnt fit for thse two games.

Really?
I am not sure if you remember some of the players we signed in the past 'early'
I would rather wait and get the right players.
I think there is a balance though. Of course you don't want to just sign the first bloke available and a reasonable wait for a 'top target' is fine. But you have to bear in mind that if you wait TOO long for that top target to make his mind up, then the players who were second, third and fourth on your wishlist will have gone elsewhere and all of your eggs are then in one basket. And almost as bad is the player who does eventually agree to come and misses all of preseason, thus not getting up to speed with his team mates at all...

I think there is a balance though. Of course you don't want to just sign the first bloke available and a reasonable wait for a 'top target' is fine. But you have to bear in mind that if you wait TOO long for that top target to make his mind up, then the players who were second, third and fourth on your wishlist will have gone elsewhere and all of your eggs are then in one basket. And almost as bad is the player who does eventually agree to come and misses all of preseason, thus not getting up to speed with his team mates at all...
Sure I get the fact that the earlier the better . But sometimes waiting allows you to get a far better quality of player.
So I agree that it is a balance.

As in an earlier post, we need someone with experience in the back four, a Tony Adams type, a leader. Blackpool showed how bad this is needed when we look tended to panic under pressure. Shame Mous wasnt fit for thse two games.
I'm not sure I agree. Moore + Long + Ruffels (and with experience, Atkinson) should all have enough about them. I think it's a midfielder that we're short of. When we're up against the better teams, we should be playing Gorrin in the holding role. We also need someone who can put their foot on the ball and retain possession higher up the pitch. Taylor (though he's getting better), and Lee especially struggle to hold the football when under pressure. For me, against the better teams Agyei needs to play some part as he offers us better ball retention, options in behind and in the channels, and a more direct ball forward against a good press.

Blackburn dId pay a fee for Rothwell when he left us, not sure whether a sell on fee was included.

Tribunal set it iirc. Something like £200k I think and I would be surprised if a small sell on wasn't included by the panel as I think they normally do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom