Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were offered / encouraged to buy Charlie Austin but chose Jamie Brooks Cook instead in the conf days !

At the time, Jamie Cook appeared to be the ideal signing. He'd scored 13 and 15 goals in the previous 2 seasons for Crawley and had just scored 3 in 5. Also, we were looking for someone who was prepared to play as a wide left forward with Beano/Midson in the middle and Green on the right.

Ho-hum.

At the time, Jamie Cook appeared to be the ideal signing. He'd scored 13 and 15 goals in the previous 2 seasons for Crawley and had just scored 3 in 5. Also, we were looking for someone who was prepared to play as a wide left forward with Beano/Midson in the middle and Green on the right.

Ho-hum.
Yes and what a second debut goal for Jamie Cook !
Remember him getting a cracker against us for Crawley down there one New Years Day ...seems a long time ago now !

Tomlinson - 20, scored 11 in 40 this season! Ex Brighton youth, was his first season in National League.

Cochrane (21) went on loan to the Belgian second division in January after being linked to Sunderland, was out injured for the season shortly after. Just signed a one year deal so would probably be a loan.

Last edited:
Tomlinson looks an interesting prospect, can cover RB as well apparently. I know this is a crazy idea, but maybe we could sign Tomlinson and Cochrane on loan for the season so we actually have two LB’s...
Get out. We'll have none of that heresy on these pages. Cover of wide defensive positions is talk of the devil.

Strange that two targets would be named in this way. I suspect that this is as much about applying pressure on Ruffels than anything else.

Having said that, these players look exactly like the kind of players we should be targeting. Tomlinson especially.

Strange that two targets would be named in this way. I suspect that this is as much about applying pressure on Ruffels than anything else.

Having said that, these players look exactly like the kind of players we should be targeting. Tomlinson especially.
The BBC Oxford Twitter account rarely posts rumours in this way until there's concrete evidence, and the Ox Mail are normally the first to jump on rumours/steal from here and have said nothing, so I think you could be right there. KR/OUFC gives them at RadOx the story that we're ready to move on but the doors open then it puts the pressure on Ruffs to make a decision.

Tomlinson I really like the look of. I'd want someone with a bit more experience too in case he doesn't quite hit the ground running, but saying that our last signing from Eastleigh didn't do half bad in that respect.

Tomlinson joined Eastleigh for season 20/21.
12 goals in 42 games.

Spent the previous season at Hungerford Town in Conference South, taking over their captaincy for the second half of the season and being named National League South Young Player of the Season.

Cochrane is a year older but seemingly less game time, loaned to Brighton's partner club in Belgium in October.

Cochrane looks the more promising of the two, judging by the limited amount of videos that I have seen. Younger, more chance to develop and sell on for a profit. Get it done!

Cochrane looks the more promising of the two, judging by the limited amount of videos that I have seen. Younger, more chance to develop and sell on for a profit. Get it done!

Cochrane is slightly the older - by 2 months.

Suspect Tomlinson is being looked at as transfer, while Cochrane would likely be a loan.

It's rare that players who take this long to accept contracts actually sign. On that basis I don't expect Ruffels to be here next year. Think the same will be true of Forde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom