Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't see either CB moving on yet. I think it'll be Ruffs and Brannagan as the two main sales this year. With Nicky Cadden in line for Ruffs and McGuane already signed for Brann.
Ruffels is out of contract, so will be going for nothing.

Could really go for a pint and a packet of crisps. I would imagine that a lot of people fancy the same, mind.

Im sorry mate but Elliot Moore, as good as he is, is nowhere near the level that Dickie was when he left us. You’re speaking as though you know something that we don’t? With all of the talk of Atkinson going, do you honestly see both Rob and Elliott going? No chance. In fact, I’ll bet you £50 that neither leave.
I can't see Moore going for much. I think his price will suffer too from being the CB partner of the obvious standout centreback pick up of League One for this season from teams higher up. You can very much see interested parties, if we're trying to push the price up, turn around and go, 'well if I'm paying that much, I want Rob Atkinson.' Doesn't Moore only have one year left, too? I think we'll be looking at 250-300k.

And I have to say, as great as Moore has been individually this season, not least considering his response to personal circumstances, I can see a situation where our back line is improved by replacing him with a more seasoned, authoritative, experienced pro. The 2019-20 John Mousinho to Atkinson's Dickie. That bit of naivety at the back that we suffered from at times in the season just gone needs to be addressed in this offseason imo.

A few decent sources on Twitter are suggesting that we are in for Paul Digby at Cambridge United. I don’t know much about him. Any good?

A few decent sources on Twitter are suggesting that we are in for Paul Digby at Cambridge United. I don’t know much about him. Any good?
Was highly regarded as a kid at Barnsley around the time Sam Winnall was playing for them, so maybe recommended. Also played well against us for Forest Green a couple of years ago if I remember rightly.

Im sorry mate but Elliot Moore, as good as he is, is nowhere near the level that Dickie was when he left us. You’re speaking as though you know something that we don’t? With all of the talk of Atkinson going, do you honestly see both Rob and Elliott going? No chance. In fact, I’ll bet you £50 that neither leave.
I agree not as good as Dickie. Dickie we sold with a year left on contract for (I believe) around £1.9m, with 400k going to Reading due to sell on. That's why I put my valuation of Moore at nearly half that, £1m. That may be way off the mark, just what I reckon his top value is! That's also before any sell on fees go to Leicester if they have any.

Personally I don't see Rob going. He's got a good contract, has only had one season in pro football, and as much as there's talk around him, there are players with more experience who'll be available for a better price so I wouldn't be surprised if we get very few bids for Rob.

I'm not at all ITK on this, I'm just trying to make an educated guess based on the evidence available. Although my hit rate isn't terrible, I called McGuane signing permanently long before anyone else did, and long before he signed. I'll be chuffed if we keep both, and I don't think it's impossible that we could. The tweet last night from the club asking for people's "favourite Elliott Moore moments" gives me hope they're building up to a new contract.

A change of manager at Sunderland might influence what happens here because they were interested in Digby.

“Good morning, Lower-Half-Championship Club here. Is that OUFC?”
“Yes. How can we help?”
“We’d like to put in a ridiculously low bid for your future international, Rob Atkinson.”
“Yes, of course: we never want to stand in the way of players wanting to move away from us.”
“How much would your no-sell-on price be?”
“Oh, far below his value, of course.”
“Great, we’ll take him. Presume you have a replacement?”
“Er, no, but we’ve still got three days till the season starts.....”

Joe Pigott has turned down a new contract at the Wombles. Would take him in a heartbeat. Consistently scored goals at this level and I think he’s the sort of option we need up front. We’re very one dimensional and when plan A isn’t working we look very average. He would offer that something different.

Joe Pigott has turned down a new contract at the Wombles. Would take him in a heartbeat. Consistently scored goals at this level and I think he’s the sort of option we need up front. We’re very one dimensional and when plan A isn’t working we look very average. He would offer that something different.
He'd want to go somewhere better I'm sure, Millwall or Charlton (yes OK we finished above them but they're a bigger concern and in London).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom