Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down, I'm sure we'll sign a defender. We aren't going to radically change our style and makeup though, we'll stay slender and skilful rather than big and tough, even though a bruiser in midfield would be welcome.
I think the point is though that KR himself identified and mentioned the need for more power and strength in the team and - as yet - we haven't really added that type of player. Still, the window isn't closed for a few days, so we'll see.

I think the point is though that KR himself identified and mentioned the need for more power and strength in the team and - as yet - we haven't really added that type of player. Still, the window isn't closed for a few days, so we'll see.
I just don't think Karl can change his outlook that much, even though he did say that. He always defaults to the same sort of player, who have made us a great team although one that can be bullied. But maybe we'll be surprised.

Are we worried that Cam Bran may go in this window I was under the impression he had a buy out clause in his contract, and he is playing really well IMO. Be gutted if he left now but he can play at higher level without doubt.
I was thinking the same! He’s been MOTM in virtually every game, that won’t have gone unnoticed 😬

I just don't think Karl can change his outlook that much, even though he did say that. He always defaults to the same sort of player, who have made us a great team although one that can be bullied. But maybe we'll be surprised.
I suspect you are right. There are definitely Robinson 'type' players and he is fairly wedded to one way of playing - and it's not unreasonable to think he could identify problems with that but not want to throw the baby out with the bathwater by making signings/changes which might make us less effective over all, even if a bit more resilient.

Are we worried that Cam Bran may go in this window I was under the impression he had a buy out clause in his contract, and he is playing really well IMO. Be gutted if he left now but he can play at higher level without doubt.
I have some concerns about this!
Watching on Tuesday, I thought that he changed the game and competed really well againstvthe qpr midfield.
Easily good enough for the Championship

To be fair I think it’s just a bit of banter. Our aged generation were “the” computer generation. From mainframe to calculators, the Commodore 64, Sinclair and the introduction of the Microsoft PC and then Lord Sugar and the Amstrad. Most East stand lads and lasses were not born during this groundbreaking period.

What are those?

As i predicted.
200w.gif

Grebo! Haven’t heard that term for yonks!
I remember in the late 80’s a minivan full of Milwall grebos pulled up outside headington post office as I was emptying the letterbox (ex postman).
This one skinhead jumped out and ran over to me “ere mate, where’s the manor ground?”
I duly pointed the way and as he ran back to the van, he stopped turned around and shouted. “you ain’t an Oxford fan are ya’?”
“Er, as a matter of fact…I am!” I replied.
Quite why I said it I have no idea.
I am no hooligan or some kind of trouble lover. I have thought about it a lot ever since… Bloody stupid remark that could have got me a leathering.
Luckily he just shrugged and told me to f**k off, climbed back on the bus and it kangarooed off up the london rd.
Bloody Grebos!😂

Last week of the transfer window.

1. I’d like to see Agyei go out on loan to top end L2 and replaced by someone with more reliance eg Elliot Lee?

2. A right back who can cover left back with Long’s injury problems & Seddon being our only left back. Todd Kane?

3. A CDM as Gorrin competition/cover for when’s he’s banned or injured. Allows Brannagan to play as an 8. Ahmed Kashi?

Sounds like Elliot Lee is joining Charlton. Shame

Grebo! Haven’t heard that term for yonks!
I remember in the late 80’s a minivan full of Milwall grebos pulled up outside headington post office as I was emptying the letterbox (ex postman).
This one skinhead jumped out and ran over to me “ere mate, where’s the manor ground?”
I duly pointed the way and as he ran back to the van, he stopped turned around and shouted. “you ain’t an Oxford fan are ya’?”
“Er, as a matter of fact…I am!” I replied.
Quite why I said it I have no idea.
I am no hooligan or some kind of trouble lover. I have thought about it a lot ever since… Bloody stupid remark that could have got me a leathering.
Luckily he just shrugged and told me to f**k off, climbed back on the bus and it kangarooed off up the london rd.
Bloody Grebos!😂
He was probably impressed by someone who said 'as a matter of fact'. 'College ponce', he thought to himself.

Think the buy out clause is the figure whether there is any scope for a higher amount I’ve no idea but think KR would have a sizeable figure in mind.
If there's a buy out figure in his contract and someone meets it, isn't it then up to the player. I have suspicion this is why KR has made comments like "unless someone tells me they want to leave" and the "were ready to move quickly in the window" we would be in the same position as we were with Fosu. I'm afraid Cam would be doing himself a disservice if he doesn't move up a level.

We are one player away from having a top six team. And it's obvious who that player needs to be. A big, mobile forward to take the pressure off Taylor. Winnall is OK as back up. Aygei isn't good enough for L1. And certainly not for a team hoping to challenge for promotion. I'd rather we sign someone, but a loanee will do. Think of the Blackpool loanee (from Everton, can't remember his name). The rest of the team/squad is very high level L1. KR isn't stupid and he'll know what he needs to do. I'm not ITK, but I would think Aygei will be out on a L2 loan and Cooper will be off. If you can't even get on the pitch ahead of a 16 year old, your time is up.
Surely you can see the lack of cover at the back and how that needs addressing. lcp was well out of his depth, made errors and was sussed by the Qpr players from the first minute.

reads like no one in unless others go out
"If required", sounds frightening, as if he will bring people in only if he feels he needs to. Surely, he must be able to see the gaping areas that need addressing?
It will be on his watch if we underperform, and he could have done something to have prevented it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom