Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think your right I would cash in on cam b and bring in a DM

Do we need to cash in on anyone to get better players? We just bought mcguane for 300k and not sold anyone?

Also we have 5 players returning to their parent clubs, Kelly and grayson haven't played much part, shodipo ,Barker and Lee have all contributed but aren't irreplaceable.

Out of contract we have

Hall
Forde
Mousinho
Ruffles
Napa (think he has already left)

Then we have players returning from loans and their future not yet known

Cooper
Clare
Osei Yaw
Asonganyi

Then we have still under that might not be in Karl's plan

Hanson
Winnal

Plenty of buisness to be done without the need to sell anyone in my opinion.

Do we need to cash in on anyone to get better players? We just bought mcguane for 300k and not sold anyone?

Also we have 5 players returning to their parent clubs, Kelly and grayson haven't played much part, shodipo ,Barker and Lee have all contributed but aren't irreplaceable.

Out of contract we have

Hall
Forde
Mousinho
Ruffles
Napa (think he has already left)

Then we have players returning from loans and their future not yet known

Cooper
Clare
Osei Yaw
Asonganyi

Then we have still under that might not be in Karl's plan

Hanson
Winnal

Plenty of buisness to be done without the need to sell anyone in my opinion.
With those you mention in the first list not only do we get no income from their departure but also they are unlikely high earners and to attract the quality we need to at least pay well and just because the Owners have a few quid it doesn't follow that they will or indeed must throw money at it with fees.

With those you mention in the first list not only do we get no income from their departure but also they are unlikely high earners and to attract the quality we need to at least pay well and just because the Owners have a few quid it doesn't follow that they will or indeed must throw money at it with fees.

We don't necessarily need to pay fees for decent players it's controling the weekly wage cost. You would be surprised how much we were paying towards the 5 loan players. Kelly and Barker we were paying near on 5k each a week. Loans are good if they have maximum impact and not sat on the bench each game.

Chris Maguire is out of contract at Sunderland now. Decent on set pieces too and an experienced head.
No, no and again....no!
He’s well passed his best. He was blowing out of his a**e after half an hour today.

We are not getting rid of Hanson until his contract runs out at the end of next season, whether we want to or not he is staying. Ditto Winnal.
Can see Cooper agreeing to rip up his contract though as he obviously doesn’t want to be in the country.
Clare is worth another go, pace and athleticism are what we need, just need to give him a go in midfield, certainly more useful than Kelly.
Hall will be released, as will Forde unless he agrees to a reduced deal but I can see him getting another club to easily to agree to that. Mousinho will be kept on as a “player” due to his PFA role but will never play.
Ruffles is off elsewhere to most likely sit on the bench but for a lot more money (nice work if you get it).
Not got a clue about Osei Yaw and Asonganyi.

We are not getting rid of Hanson until his contract runs out at the end of next season, whether we want to or not he is staying. Ditto Winnal.
Can see Cooper agreeing to rip up his contract though as he obviously doesn’t want to be in the country.
Clare is worth another go, pace and athleticism are what we need, just need to give him a go in midfield, certainly more useful than Kelly.
Hall will be released, as will Forde unless he agrees to a reduced deal but I can see him getting another club to easily to agree to that. Mousinho will be kept on as a “player” due to his PFA role but will never play.
Ruffles is off elsewhere to most likely sit on the bench but for a lot more money (nice work if you get it).
Where have you got that info on Cooper? He tweeted in the last few days he is looking forward to being full time now his family situation is sorted. I think we will see him back here next season and raring to go. Time will tell.

Hanson and Winnal could possibly be loaned out considering they have only 1 year left until they are out of contract. I would expect us to transfer list them first and if any club came in we may agree to terminate their contracts mutually.

On Cooper:

I think one area that I think we failed on, ironically, was wingers.

On the left wing, Shodipo managed to contribute with a number of goals, which unfortunately did dry up a bit by the end of the season as his all-round play improved. So he was a success, but the others weren't. Obita was solid but left after a couple of months and Cooper was worth a punt but had to return home. Barker scored goal or two and made a number of good runs, but his overall gameplay left a bit to be desired.

However, on the right wing it's been worse. For the whole season we've struggled to find a natural fit. Lee finished the season there, but he's more of a number 10. Hall was kept on in the belief that he could do a job there but he's faded and Henry, Sykes and Forde have all been tried there at a point to limited success. Ageyi has also played there but he's much more of a striker, and Clare played there for only a handful of games before being loaned out.

From the sounds of it, Cooper is ready to come back in, and for the other option it's whether we can bring Shodipo back or get someone with a bit of experience and a lot of pace in. For the right, I think we have a few options already in the squad who can play backup, but I think we need a real proper winger to complement what's happening on the other flank.

Fair enough on Cooper, it has been a weird situation with him and I just assumed he was gone. He will be like a new signing.

I think one area that I think we failed on, ironically, was wingers.

On the left wing, Shodipo managed to contribute with a number of goals, which unfortunately did dry up a bit by the end of the season as his all-round play improved. So he was a success, but the others weren't. Obita was solid but left after a couple of months and Cooper was worth a punt but had to return home. Barker scored goal or two and made a number of good runs, but his overall gameplay left a bit to be desired.

However, on the right wing it's been worse. For the whole season we've struggled to find a natural fit. Lee finished the season there, but he's more of a number 10. Hall was kept on in the belief that he could do a job there but he's faded and Henry, Sykes and Forde have all been tried there at a point to limited success. Ageyi has also played there but he's much more of a striker, and Clare played there for only a handful of games before being loaned out.

From the sounds of it, Cooper is ready to come back in, and for the other option it's whether we can bring Shodipo back or get someone with a bit of experience and a lot of pace in. For the right, I think we have a few options already in the squad who can play backup, but I think we need a real proper winger to complement what's happening on the other flank.

I would hope we are aiming better than Shodipo tbh. He has done well in terms of goals but he has disappeared too many times in games and didn't dominate games such as how Ellis Simms did or Barker (at his best).

Hanson and Winnal could possibly be loaned out considering they have only 1 year left until they are out of contract. I would expect us to transfer list them first and if any club came in we may agree to terminate their contracts mutually.
Dont know why you’re writing off Winnall, he’s got a decent goals to minutes ratio despite never being fit, I’d like to see what he’s like after a rest and a preseason

They will be here all next season, who would take Winnal on loan given his injury problems? Who will pay enough of Hanson’s wages to make loaning him out practical? It’s not easy to move senior players on good money on if they don’t have clubs after them, Hanson would already be gone if it was.

Shodipo has Improved since when he joined and could continue that improvement?

Hiya,

Agree with this, i think he will only get better.

Also we should take into account that every new player ( especially young, speedy wingers ) need time to
to get up to speed with the way KR likes his team to play, we could do a lot worse that have Shodipo as a
squad player if we can get him.

They will be here all next season, who would take Winnal on loan given his injury problems? Who will pay enough of Hanson’s wages to make loaning him out practical? It’s not easy to move senior players on good money on if they don’t have clubs after them, Hanson would already be gone if it was.
Hanson is a trier and a good tackler but just not our sort of player, he doesn’t pass well enough. We were a lot better yesterday with Forde in his place. I wouldn’t be surprised if the poor guy wanted to leave and go somewhere he’d fit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom