Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when he first joined us, he ran around like a headless chicken.

He was then dropped, and became in a fowl mood. Now he’s been given another chance it seems. Perhaps the once ugly duckling will become a swan.
Stop criticising him you old Coot.

If there;s the possibility of extra cash before the end of the transfer window, will we now hold back to ensure that we don't max out on our squad cap??

'We may even see more re-join the U’s before the transfer window shuts.'

This is the last line of the James Roberts column today in the Oxford Mail....😉🙏🏽 Still need some defenders tho!!🤣

Who would he still be pally with..?

Gotta be Potter… Midson…? Pekalski?

If there;s the possibility of extra cash before the end of the transfer window, will we now hold back to ensure that we don't max out on our squad cap??
Assuming the squad cap is the rumoured 24 players over 21 not including keepers we're actually looking pretty good.

GK - Stevens, Easty
Def - Moore, Long, Seddon, Mous, McNally, Forde
Mid - CamBran, McGuane, Gorrin, Sykes, Henry
Wing - Bodin, Williams, Holland, Cooper, DOY
Strike - Taylor, Agyei, Winnall

With Hanson reportedly out until January we're currently sat at 19 players even with Osei Yaw who may or may not be registered. I think it's pretty clear we want 4 more players, a winger (Whyte?), LCB, CDM and fullback cover, which still gives us at least one more over 21 squad place if we suddenly get an injection of cash. We're in a very good spot!

Assuming the squad cap is the rumoured 24 players over 21 not including keepers we're actually looking pretty good.

GK - Stevens, Easty

With Hanson reportedly out until January we're currently sat at 19 players even with Osei Yaw who may or may not be registered. I think it's pretty clear we want 4 more players, a winger (Whyte?), LCB, CDM and fullback cover, which still gives us at least one more over 21 squad place if we suddenly get an injection of cash. We're in a very good spot!
I hoped someone would do that when I posted the message! Good man!

19 is pretty good, and you're right DOY might not be registred as I assume they'll loook to give him a loan. Therefore there are upto 6 slots available. A CB, WInger, and extra full back fill 3 - then there's three spots left for the multi-million pound internationals that we'll add (I'm dreaming!).

GK - Stevens, Easty

The rumour was 22 not inc keepers I think

Mind-boggling wthat we're still working on f##king rumours on squad size so close to the season start and with a month of the window left!!

Only the EFL ..... :rolleyes: :mad:
Agreed. I'm not quite sure how clubs are supposed to plan for the start of the season (as opposed to the end of the transfer window) if they don't know how many players they can employ. It's potty.

*Presumably* they've had a nod and a wink as to the decision, but if that's the case why on earth hasn't it been announced formally?

Trying to not get to carried away with all this good news at the moment. Yes on paper it looks like we are building a strong team, but so are 10 other teams in league 1. The 3 teams that end up in the championship next May will be bloody good teams. They will have to be as the standard looks to be very high. Lets hope one of the 3 is us.

Agreed. I'm not quite sure how clubs are supposed to plan for the start of the season (as opposed to the end of the transfer window) if they don't know how many players they can employ. It's potty.

*Presumably* they've had a nod and a wink as to the decision, but if that's the case why on earth hasn't it been announced formally?
Considering the wage cap and squad cap were brought in as one, as soon as the wage cap was scrapped then the squad cap should’ve gone with it. Which would mean that there currently isn’t one, technically, as the clubs haven’t voted one through.

I suspect that the EFL is actually still trying to figure this out themselves. Textbook.

The rumour was 22 not inc keepers I think
You might be right there, I've heard so many different things I have no clue what's right and wrong anymore. 8 days from the league kicking off and no one knows what the squad cap is, it's beyond bad from the EFL! Apologies @n1 looks like we don't have space for those multi million pound internationals!

Still, space for 3-4 more depending on DOY is enough to fill all the gaps in the squad with experienced players.

Considering the wage cap and squad cap were brought in as one, as soon as the wage cap was scrapped then the squad cap should’ve gone with it. Which would mean that there currently isn’t one, technically, as the clubs haven’t voted one through.

I suspect that the EFL is actually still trying to figure this out themselves. Textbook.

They're hard at it; EFL HQ yesterday:

getty_200310992-001_9706479704500122_64276.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom