Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure we would have been aware before yesterday tomlinson was going to Peterborough, so I very much doubt he was 1 of 2 KR mentioned. KR seemed very excited, he mentioned it twice in the interview and neither time Chris Williams prompted him or followed it up any further. It felt like it was 2 players he was really excited about. Holland probably fits this bill (tomlinson I doubt) and 1 other.

Tomlinson would have a been a good addition and much needed depth but I can’t see him being one of the two mentioned yesterday.

When do we think the two that we’re mentioned yesterday will get announced tonight tomorrow next week

Maybe Tomlinson was the trialist who played against Peterborough. They saw how good he was and stole him from us.

We will probably get him next season on loan when they realise he isn't up to the championship.
Peterborough will be back down in league next season so he will probably be playing for them then as well. Sensible signing for them, the sides that get promoted can have a free hit at the championship while looking to bring players in that will help them get promoted if they do go down.

Peterborough chairman suggests 20 scouts were due at Eastleighs next pre-season fixture, so I doubt he was on trial with us.

The bigger club won unfortunately :(. You can't begrudge Tomlinson getting the chance to play in the Championship. I'm sure we have several other targets we can focus on now.
The championship newcomers won unfortunately. To me, the day I let Peterborough become a 'bigger' club than OUFC...is probably the day I would actually hang up my season ticket and call it a day. But, for the reasons you said, a team playing in the championship is at this precise moment a better career/financial option for him and I agree and most fans will also grudgingly agree with this too.

5 tickets bought for Cambridge and hoping.

COYY'S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom