Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is Holland, can we not get on his back if he doesn't hit the ground running(no pun intended)

Nathan Holland would be an amazing bit of business, a fantastic player , Gazza of division 1

View attachment 6839
Potential starting 11 for Cambridge. Blimey 😅
A more experienced LCB and that team could push for the league title, bloody hell. Bench still includes Easty, Mous, Gorrin, Forde, Sykes, Winnall, Bodin, Williams, Cooper and Agyei which is a really strong bench at this level, although lacking a bit of defensive cover which we seem to be sorting too (Tomlinson?). The crazy thing is with Hanson's injury and depending on what we do with DOY, there could even still be space for more signings on top of that. Insane. Goes to show you don't have to go mental in the window to put together a strong team, although I appreciate Whyte is far from a done deal still.

A more experienced LCB and that team could push for the league title, bloody hell. Bench still includes Easty, Mous, Gorrin, Forde, Sykes, Winnall, Bodin, Williams, Cooper and Agyei which is a really strong bench at this level, although lacking a bit of defensive cover which we seem to be sorting too (Tomlinson?). The crazy thing is with Hanson's injury and depending on what we do with DOY, there could even still be space for more signings on top of that. Insane. Goes to show you don't have to go mental in the window to put together a strong team, although I appreciate Whyte is far from a done deal still.
The main thing is that we already had a strong team

Reminder of what Whyte can do. In response to the comments about him not impressing last time around; he did - but had a tendancy to disappear in games. He's older now and hopefully he'll have learned from the first loan - as many do. This time he might be here for a full year and no doubt he'll get better and better. If he starts slowly, please bare with him.

I'm glad someone said it.
For me Holland showed flashes of a really good player without being able to do it consistently. He's now two years older, and the noise coming from West Ham fans is that he's looking pretty decent at the moment and there's still hopes of him breaking into the first team. The signing wouldn't necessarily excite me as much as say Whyte would, but still pretty exciting, especially if what captainox has posted is true and we have the option to make it permanent in January.

Reminder of what Whyte can do. In response to the comments about him not impressing last time around; he did - but had a tendancy to disappear in games. He's older now and hopefully he'll have learned from the first loan - as many do. This time he might be here for a full year and no doubt he'll get better and better. If he starts slowly, please bare with him.

I will absolutely support him and will not get on his back at all. I think I just wanted a bit more from him as I remember him really standing out when we beat West Ham in the league cup earlier that season.

Loan deal with an option to buy in January being reported by the "exWHUemployee" source.

If this is true, I'm absolutely delighted with this. What a player! It definitely shows our intent to get back to where we belong: The Championship.

We had both Tyler Roberts and Carlton Morris who struggled to make an impact with us. They have improved as they have got older. You will find that some players only really make an impact on their second/third loan spell, as they get more experience and physically bigger. I think Roofe had several unsuccessful loan spells before he came here. Holland will be a year older this time which I think will make a massive difference.

If this is true, I'm absolutely delighted with this. What a player! It definitely shows our intent to get back to where we belong: The Championship.
Definitely. The possibility of a permenant move is really exciting. At 23, if we can get him fit and playing regularly he'll improve significantly and could be an excellent asset. I good move for us, and for his long term career.

Whyte clearly has ambitions of staying in the Championship this coming season with Hull still sniffing around.

ironically Hull gaffer Grant McCann was scouting Holland a couple of weeks ago when West Ham played at Northampton in a PSF.

My take is that Holland has been brought through the system at both Everton and West Ham, played for England youth and is a better prospect than Whyte who is older and can only really play wide right to any real effect.

Whyte is pacy and direct but not a natural finisher.

Holland has all the ingredients and could be a shrewd bit of business if it happens.

I should add that I would have preferred Brandon Barker to both Whyte and Holland but that would be a very expensive loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom