Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been through this before but no way do we need SIX players as a ‘minimum!’ What the hell is the maximum in that scenario? A new team of 11 players?!

Absolute minimum we need two players, a left back and a centre back.
I stick by my opinion, if we are looking to go one better. Atkinson, Ruffels, Hall, Lee, Barker, Shodipo, the young guy from MK all out the door. Osei Yaw and Hanson?...They won't play will they? Mousinho? Really...

6 players please Mr Robinson.

I stick by my opinion, if we are looking to go one better. Atkinson, Ruffels, Hall, Lee, Barker, Shodipo, the young guy from MK all out the door. Osei Yaw and Hanson?...They won't play will they? Mousinho? Really...

6 players please Mr Robinson.
Yes six - we've already signed three, so need three more.

Any news on the take over/stadium?
Nothing at all, and I can't even pretend to know why. I was expecting the takeover announcement in May, and then the "huge week" in June. Both date clearly came to nothing. I'm waiting like everyone else.

I think most fans would settle for average at this stage, if it meant we fill the positions that need filling. Friendlies about to kick off, and half our back line is missing, wingers wanted, and forward still being touted.
I wouldn’t. There are three signings that will be the difference makers now, and while ideally you’d have the cash to make signing players on the 1st July nice and easy, the main thing is we get what we need at LB, LCB and LW this summer.

I wouldn’t. There are three signings that will be the difference makers now, and while ideally you’d have the cash to make signing players on the 1st July nice and easy, the main thing is we get what we need at LB, LCB and LW this summer.
He's after around 5 more he said. Even if it is 3 they need to be fit, match ready, not injury prone players, that will make a real difference. We've lost Barker, Shopido and others in terms of quality, around 6 first 11 players, and hopefully some of the Atkinson money will be reinvested.

Who would you like the club to try and get in on loan?

My preferences would be:

Luke Bolton
Louie Barry
Mungo Bridge
Tyreece John-Jules
Dane Scarlett

He's after around 5 more he said. Even if it is 3 they need to be fit, match ready, not injury prone players, that will make a real difference. We've lost Barker, Shopido and others in terms of quality, around 6 first 11 players, and hopefully some of the Atkinson money will be reinvested.
I think we need 5, maybe 6, but back up right back and left backs won’t define our season. The option of having a more traditional target man would be nice, however the key three are where we’re replacing lost quality in the starting eleven.

As a matter of interest, have you seen any of these guys play?
Of Course, they are all highly rated promising prem youngsters looking to go out on loan this season!

Bolton has been out on loan at Luton, TyreeceJJ at Doncaster, The two Villa boys have featured for the first team as has Scarlett for Spurs. I’m sure some of our fans would have seen them on the box.

Now that they have released the new kit, I wonder if an annoucement with a couple of new players wearing it, is imminent?

I think most fans would settle for average at this stage, if it meant we fill the positions that need filling. Friendlies about to kick off, and half our back line is missing, wingers wanted, and forward still being touted.
Just no…… No.

i think people are forgetting that we are only 3 weeks from the start of the season. We cant afford to start slow again because quite frankly if we were half decent in the first 10 games in the last 2 seasons we wouldve been in automatics easily. Next week is sh*t or bust for the start of the season because you don't want to be going into Cambridge away without your first choice back line getting a good 2/3 games together atleast.

I think we need 5, maybe 6, but back up right back and left backs won’t define our season. The option of having a more traditional target man would be nice, however the key three are where we’re replacing lost quality in the starting eleven.
We need a decent replacement for Ruffels and cover, whether that’s Elechi then that’s fine.
Cover for Sam Long, once again Forde or Hanson as cover that’s fine.
Another Centre half for competition.
We’ll definitely bring in 2 wingers on loan, because that’s what we do.
Agree with the target man, Hornby (loan) would be my suggestion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom