Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agent Bodin has arrived!

Shame we are moving away from our model of signing promising young players that we can develop and sell on.
I don't think we are moving from this model at all but probably there has been a realisation that you need a balance between those type of promising young players and more experienced ones. Both to kick on, on the pitch but also to help those young players develop.

A player who cost a Championship side 500k when he was fit. Clearly worth a 1yr deal, hope we retain an option on another as, if he performs to that level again, we might have a hard time keeping him.

Underwhelmed possibly ?

Just whelmed for me. Another body in the building and a proven one at that.

I don't think we are moving from this model at all but probably there has been a realisation that you need a balance between those type of promising young players and more experienced ones. Both to kick on, on the pitch but also to help those young players develop.

Exactly. It’s not either/or. You can’t have a starting XI of developing players. You’d be £11m wealthier at the end of the season but have nobody left. You need a few experienced pros in there and I’d argue that McGuane is possibly tagged to be a buy/develop/sell player too.

Must confirm then Harrison staying at Pompey…..I hope Billy knows where his loyalties now lie

So I have a quick question for those that didn’t want moncur ( spelling might be out 😁) because if where he was from how do you feel about bodin signing

Just how much more experience do we need?
Eastwood, Mousinho, Henry, Taylor, Winnall, Gorrin and Williams are no spring chickens!

Just whelmed for me. Another body in the building and a proven one at that.
The crux of this (and I have probably just missed the announcement?) is - what are the senior squad size limits, if any, for the season coming up?

In those golden days of long ago when there were no limits on squad sizes, you could afford (if you could afford it, as it were) to take a punt or two. If they were knackered, then you had another player to slot in, or could buy, beg or borrow one in the next transfer window.

But if there is still a senior squad size limit then signing or retaining senior players with a recent history of repeated injuries just makes you a hostage to fortune. Anyone remember the Great Defender Shortage of last year? So are we getting another body in the building or are we just filling up our available slots with players who are likely not to last the course?

The crux of this (and I have probably just missed the announcement?) is - what are the senior squad size limits, if any, for the season coming up?

In those golden days of long ago when there were no limits on squad sizes, you could afford (if you could afford it, as it were) to take a punt or two. If they were knackered, then you had another player to slot in, or could buy, beg or borrow one in the next transfer window.

But if there is still a senior squad size limit then signing or retaining senior players with a recent history of repeated injuries just makes you a hostage to fortune. Anyone remember the Great Defender Shortage of last year? So are we getting another body in the building or are we just filling up our available slots with players who are likely not to last the course?
*no one knows*

• React
Reactions: Ian
Just how much more experience do we need?
Eastwood, Mousinho, Henry, Taylor, Winnall, Gorrin and Williams are no spring chickens!
And how many more young players with potential sell on do you want, Mcnally, McGuane, Agyei, Moore, Atkinson, Sykes, Brannagan, Long and Stevens are hardly evidence that we have left the develop young players model behind!

Have just watched a lot of Bodin and, beyond being clearly an exceptionally talented technical footballer, I’m not sure the last time we’d have had a player as two-footed as he is.

Born and raised in Swindon. Eugh.

Had a glance at the Rovers forum and they were really hoping he was going to resign for them.

A good player back in the day but his recent injury record is atrocious. Hopefully it works out, but not one to get excited about. We might as well have just kept Rob Hall!
Bristol Rovers…. a League 2 side…. Jog on.

No one here knows but yes surely the club are pretty confident they won’t have a limit of 20

Last I read in the Pompey News (iirc), I think they were suggesting 22 senior players excluding keepers. But that is the last I've seen it mentioned and I don't think (unless I missed it) that the FL have had their Annual meeting when these things are voted on.

Last I read in the Pompey News (iirc), I think they were suggesting 22 senior players excluding keepers.
That was the last I heard as well (from a post on here). Pretty sketchy that there seems to be absolutely nothing more concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom