Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er yes.
He played 82 games in a team that stayed up in the Championship over 3 years.
He has lost his way and there was some allusion of some mental health problems I read.
He gave away that corner against Blackpool and I don’t think played again. I didn’t think he was good at all but would be concerned about whether he will have a career in future. Very sorry if he does have other problems.

I think Liam Kelly just needs to find himself again find a new home and settle for a few seasons maybe lge 2 maybe conference premier there was obviously a good player in there somewhere we just never saw It here

Lacks the physicality for league 2 football, ball will just be flying over his head most of the time as well. He is obviously a decent footballer but he is not quite good enough to make up for his shortcomings.

I think Liam Kelly just needs to find himself again find a new home and settle for a few seasons maybe lge 2 maybe conference premier there was obviously a good player in there somewhere we just never saw It here
Conference Premier?

He'll find another L1 team who'll be more than happy to have him in their ranks.

You don't just plummet 2 divisions because you fell out of the starting lineup of a playoff chasing team. He still played most games for us after McGuanes injury.

Conference Premier?

He'll find another L1 team who'll be more than happy to have him in their ranks.

You don't just plummet 2 divisions because you fell out of the starting lineup of a playoff chasing team. He still played most games for us after McGuanes injury.

Scottish league 1 maybe. He was shown to be not good enough in a side that finished 6th in the table, how is he going to have more of an affect on a poorer side?

I think that we should be careful not to write off Liam Kelly as not good enough.
I felt the same about Alex Mowatt! And look what happened there???

Most thought that he was shite but careers can turn around pretty quickly if things fall into place.
Yes you could be right, I’m just interested to see where he goes. He might be good enough but not big enough.

Yes you could be right, I’m just interested to see where he goes. He might be good enough but not big enough.
A lot depends on him as a person IMO. By all accounts with mental problems at Feyenoord that manifested in poor training and weight issues. With careful management and a feeling of belonging in a position he could still make it at this level and even higher.

I think that we should be careful not to write off Liam Kelly as not good enough.

Most thought that he was shite but careers can turn around pretty quickly if things fall into place.
Liam Kelly was out best player in the play off final loss to Wycombe. Lost his way but hope he gets his form back. SPL or L2 would be a standard to hopefully help him get back playing well.

Mowatt was clearly talented, I’m still not sure why he wasn’t more highly thought of here. Kelly is too, but hes always going to struggle with the physicality of the English leagues. He reminds me of Andy Burgess in that respect - ability way above Conference level but struggled to impose himself at league level.

Kelly was brave enough to go abroad before and I’d suggest the style of football would be far better suited to him than the lower leagues here.

You thought Mowatt was the same level of ability as Kelly?! Remind me not to recommend you for a job as a club scout!

Mowatt was a decent player surrounded by a lot of poor and average ones. A number of Championship fans couldn’t believe that we landed him at the time. He was a bit slow, but he had a wand of a left foot. You won’t see anyone hit the post from the penalty spot that crisply again. Genuinely magnificent.

If he had been given the opportunity to play with last season’s squad rather than the one he walked into, which also included Clotet as manager for half the season and DF doing his best as a pretty isolated caretaker for two full months, I think people would have seen the player that everybody else saw before and after his time here.

Liam Kelly ran around a lot but was pretty ineffective. He only made one appearance after his disaster class against Blackpool on the 20th of March, which was a substitute appearance at Sunderland on April 2nd. He had nothing to do with the end of season sprint and the team seemed to actively benefit from his absence. I hope that he finds himself a club and reignites his career somewhere he feels happy.

Full backs, please.

Niall Huggins told he is free to find a new club, been impressive for Leeds u23’s this season. Could be an option depending where we are with our LB targets.

Niall Huggins told he is free to find a new club, been impressive for Leeds u23’s this season. Could be an option depending where we are with our LB targets.
Except he's a right footed right back. Could be a good understudy to Long though and under the age limited for the on/off squad size debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom