Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I hope not, yes loans are ok, but their is the possibility they will be recalled in January or not as commited as a permanent signing. I would rather bring in some out of contract, youngsters where their is a possibility they could improve under us and have a resale value. Some of the loans in the past remind me of renting a house, rather than buying it. Take Cadden for instance he done well for us on loan, recalled in January which made columbus want 1 million for him. Way more than they payed for him 6 months before. Forget loans until atleast end of August and let's try and get players on are books.

Loans are an essential part of lower league football and are crucial for how we opperate. For every Cadden there are plenty more players that stayed for a whole season and did well for us, players who we wouldn't have had a hope in hell of getting had we tried to buy them at the time. Roofe, Baldock, Kenny, Martinez, Kane, Garbutt, Browne, Sinclair, Taylor, Woodburn, Holland, Kelly were all too expensive to buy when we brought them in but added to the team on a temporary basis.

I'm not sure the rent/mortgage comparison works, unless the rent payments would be much less than the mortgage ones and there's a chance your house could be repossessed every 2-3 years unless you agree a new contract.

I hope not, yes loans are ok, but their is the possibility they will be recalled in January or not as commited as a permanent signing. I would rather bring in some out of contract, youngsters where their is a possibility they could improve under us and have a resale value. Some of the loans in the past remind me of renting a house, rather than buying it. Take Cadden for instance he done well for us on loan, recalled in January which made columbus want 1 million for him. Way more than they payed for him 6 months before. Forget loans until atleast end of August and let's try and get players on are books.
They haven’t paid Motherwell they’re in some sort of dispute maybe something to do with the Bossman ruling, well that’s the last thing I hear which was back in March

Tiger said previously that they were looking at permanent deals first, but with the pre-season being so short we should look at getting the right players in on the right contracts as early as possible regardless of whether we own them or not.

Last year the deal for Woodburn was all but done in June but wasn't announced until after Liverpools pre-season tour. If a similar deal existed this year for a promising young PL player, then why wait when we can get them in ASAP? It won't mean that other deals can't or won't happen as well.

Swindon may be looking at him but haven’t signed him yet,not sure he is the right player for us though
They probably weren’t until they heard we were, Lee Power would love to try and put one over us, and Bogle wouldn’t be as good a replacement for Doyle or Yates but he would be a good support for Matty Taylor

They haven’t paid Motherwell they’re in some sort of dispute maybe something to do with the Bosman ruling, well that’s the last thing I hear which was back in March

Compensation payments for out of contract players for development/training depends on the standing of the club within the world game.

For some reason Columbus Crew are a "Category 4" club and as such no compensation is due to Motherwell. Motherwell argue they should be Category 2 which would mean a fee of somewhere in the region of £250k. The last I heard they were taking their case to FIFA.

Compensation payments for out of contract players for development/training depends on the standing of the club within the world game.

For some reason Columbus Crew are a "Category 4" club and as such no compensation is due to Motherwell. Motherwell argue they should be Category 2 which would mean a fee of somewhere in the region of £250k. The last I heard they were taking their case to FIFA.

I think for whatever reason MLS clubs haven't been graded which is a massive screw up if I have remembered correctly.

So I said earlier that I expected a total of 4 signings by the early part of this coming week. 2 down, 2 to go. I had Stuart Findlay as one that I thought we may get, but Kilmarnock play Celtic next weekend so maybe likely to hold on for that game at least. Still think we're in with a great chance of getting him, but it's unlikely that it'll happen immediately.

I think that maybe a couple of out of contract players will be first, with Stephen O'Donnell being more likely than Jazz Richards who was being mentioned a few weeks ago. The second player is likely to be a young midfielder, one that I think has flown under the radar so far.

Has it been established if Taylor is the ‘highest ever earner’ that Tiger referred to?

Has it been established if Taylor is the ‘highest ever earner’ that Tiger referred to?
I think given KR's comments about Taylor taking a significantly reduced salary, im not convinced it is Taylor. Im not 100% sure what he was on at City though.

I think someone like Browne or even Kelly would be on more money than him, at their current clubs.

I still think this refers to Will Grigg. Sunderland are desperate to get him off their books and would take a significantly reduced price for him. He still has 2 years left on a decent contract at Sunderland, but like Taylor I can see him dropping his wages for regular football.

I know he's not everyone's choice, but if Robinson gets the player back that he had at MK Dons, then alongside Taylor and with the service our midfield offers, we could destroy league one.

I still think this refers to Will Grigg. Sunderland are desperate to get him off their books and would take a significantly reduced price for him. He still has 2 years left on a decent contract at Sunderland, but like Taylor I can see him dropping his wages for regular football.

I know he's not everyone's choice, but if Robinson gets the player back that he had at MK Dons, then alongside Taylor and with the service our midfield offers, we could destroy league one.
Since when has Robbo played two up? Id be in favour of Grigg but hed be an alternative to Taylor rather than alongside i think.

Back
Top Bottom