Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

The way I understand it, there’s an EFL meeting towards the end if this week, but any deals completed before its agreed don’t count towards the cap? Hence theres going to be a mad scramble for players by everyone in the next few days.

It’s funny really because this will play in the hands of the players/agents and drive the wages up in desperation......although for some players it will be s**t or bust!

It’s funny really because this will play in the hands of the players/agents and drive the wages up in desperation......although for some players it will be s**t or bust!
I think a lot of players - and their agents - will be very keen to get sorted out before any potential wage cap regulations make the lifeboats a lot more scarce.

No room for Browne? Lol. I'm pretty sure if Browne were to sign, he would push Cooper down the pecking order; the same way Sykes had to force his way into the team. I would be absolutely flabbergasted if we didn't go for Browne on a permanant and Holland back on loan.
Thought Holland could be sold

The way I understand it, there’s an EFL meeting towards the end if this week, but any deals completed before its agreed don’t count towards the cap? Hence theres going to be a mad scramble for players by everyone in the next few days.
I’m sure this is right, but do you have a source on this? Would be interested to read a bit more about it.

See a tweet earlier than Omar Bogle was "nailed on" for a move to us before Swindon came in. Doesn't seem like a very Oxford signing but I suppose he would be a decent back up to Taylor

I’m sure this is right, but do you have a source on this? Would be interested to read a bit more about it.
No tbh. Just from what Ive gleaned off of here, so who knows..? ? As Abraham Lincoln apparently said: ‘Only believe half of what you read on the internet’. Saw that on the ‘net funnily enough...

See a tweet earlier than Omar Bogle was "nailed on" for a move to us before Swindon came in. Doesn't seem like a very Oxford signing but I suppose he would be a decent back up to Taylor
When should we expect to hear the punishment on their latest financial misdemeanour? ?

Swindon may be looking at him but haven’t signed him yet,not sure he is the right player for us though

I have a feeling that when we sign another striker, it'll be on loan

I hope not, yes loans are ok, but their is the possibility they will be recalled in January or not as commited as a permanent signing. I would rather bring in some out of contract, youngsters where their is a possibility they could improve under us and have a resale value. Some of the loans in the past remind me of renting a house, rather than buying it. Take Cadden for instance he done well for us on loan, recalled in January which made columbus want 1 million for him. Way more than they payed for him 6 months before. Forget loans until atleast end of August and let's try and get players on are books.

I hope not, yes loans are ok, but their is the possibility they will be recalled in January or not as commited as a permanent signing. I would rather bring in some out of contract, youngsters where their is a possibility they could improve under us and have a resale value. Some of the loans in the past remind me of renting a house, rather than buying it. Take Cadden for instance he done well for us on loan, recalled in January which made columbus want 1 million for him. Way more than they payed for him 6 months before. Forget loans until atleast end of August and let's try and get players on are books.
have Columbus paid anything for Cadden (yet)?

I agree but there's always a chance of getting a Jermain Defoe at Bournemouth in 2000 scoring over 20 goals.

Do you have any in mind? Or are you just throwing a "wouldn't it be nice if..." scenario out there?

Of the top goalscorers under the age of 30 in L1 last year, none of them fall under your category of "free transfers from big clubs". Two of them (Marcus Forss and Tyler Walker) were loans from higher division clubs, as of course was Matty Taylor. As of course, was Kemar Roofe initially.

Wouldnt that be like Wycombe voting for a (arbitrary) £4M wage cap for the Championship in the interests of a ‘more level playing field’? What a load of B*****s. How about we make Mercedes use peddle cars in F1 for a ‘more level playing field’?

Funny you mention, because F1 is introducing a spending cap.

Back
Top Bottom