Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

But at 24 would have to be in the squad otherwise no point in signing him. We have plenty of CM options and I think we need another winger plus the CB.
KR has said he wants players in that will improve us and I agree with him. I don't think this lad would.
Maybe he doesn’t see Sykes as good enough and is looking at replacements, early on. We all know Sykes will be gone in the summer. Hanson and Forde aren’t good enough to get us promoted. Beyond Gorrin, Maguane, Kelly and Brannagan, we are second string. I get your point though. I’m not suggesting it’s nailed on; it’s just something I came across today.

We don't even know what division we will be in next year and this lad doesn't seem overly impressive, especially in the days of limited squad numbers .. on another note is Fabio Sole looking likely to be retained does anyone know?

If he isnt good enough for Fleetwood then he is not good enough for us.
Not sure I follow that logic. Many players go out on loan, for many different reasons. Remember, Baptiste went out on loan while he was with us. Pretty sure he ended up being good enough for us..

Not sure I follow that logic. Many players go out on loan, for many different reasons. Remember, Baptiste went out on loan while he was with us. Pretty sure he ended up being good enough for us..
If he was good enough for fleetwood he would be getting in their team / squad no? If they see him as a player for the future they wouldnt be letting his contract expire in the summer.

If he was good enough for fleetwood he would be getting in their team / squad no? If they see him as a player for the future they wouldnt be letting his contract expire in the summer.
Maybe he has refused to sign a new deal? I don’t know the ins and outs of his situation but I wouldn’t say he’s not good enough, just because he has been sent out on loan by Fleetwood.

Nico Jones will be released in the summer.

nico has a lot of ability but a couple of factors have resulted in him falling down the pecking order;

1) his agent has had a bit of a falling out with the club and Nico hasn’t been particularly well advised by all acc
2) Nico hasn’t really matured in a way that the club had hoped that he would.
He’s still well thought of and will most probably secure a good move in the summer but I’d expect him to not be ‘ours’ come the

I keep refreshing the link thinking it had crashed due to the lack of rumours. Seems like this weekend will be all or nothing. To be honest in this covid19 time I can understand why the board may feel we have enough to see us through. However 2 quality signings would put us in a really strong position.

The lack of rumours is quite startling - we're losing our touch as a forum in terms of wild speculation.
James Lawrence?

Henley born ball-playing CB, not getting a game at St Pauli...seriously though, interesting career path for this guy!

I wonder if KR will be back in for winger Josh Bowler (Everton) in the summer. He mentioned in an interview we wanted him before injury meant the loan deal fell through and he is currently injured again (so our type of player :)). He is out of contract in the summer as well.

In my view, its as simple as if we dont bring in reinforcements, the playoffs are out of the question..nothing wrong with consolidation in these times of course, but its unthinkable we'll get through a season without Moore/Atkinson/Long getting banned or injured. And we saw at the beginning where that left us.

We also need that pacy option to stretch teams we struggle to break down.

I sense its not going to happen at this late stage of course, and with others strengthening significantly, i feel it will be a season of consolidation.

In my view, its as simple as if we dont bring in reinforcements, the playoffs are out of the question..nothing wrong with consolidation in these times of course, but its unthinkable we'll get through a season without Moore/Atkinson/Long getting banned or injured. And we saw at the beginning where that left us.

I sense its not going to happen at this late stage of course, and with others strengthening significantly, i feel it will be a season of consolidation.
I'm sure we will get a couple of players in who will improve us , all is not lost if we don't but with so many matches in such a short period any injuries will weaken us significantly. Fingers crossed we get some quality over the line.

I still think we'll sign two players...a defender for sure and possibly a winger. With regards to the pacey option to stretch teams...You could made a case for us already having this in Shodipo and Agyei, but agree if one of those are injured we are short in that position. A defender is a must though.

but its unthinkable we'll get through a season without Moore/Atkinson/Long getting banned or injured. And we saw at the beginning where that left us.

I sense its not going to happen at this late stage of course, and with others strengthening significantly, i feel it will be a season of coconsolidation
I think that we could get over the loss of either of the CBs or Long for 2 to 3 games. Long played at CB successfully for what 3 games earlier this season.
I agree that a long term injury however would be a huge blow
We also clearly need an alternative wide man with Cooper having gone. Somebody with real pace adds something different.
Let's see.
Kip have you given up on the relegation fight now then ;)

Back
Top Bottom