Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

So we have 3 squad spaces in our squad available with 6 days to go..

Centre back A MUST
Fast winger A MUST

Nico Jones will be released in the summer.

nico has a lot of ability but a couple of factors have resulted in him falling down the pecking order;

1) his agent has had a bit of a falling out with the club and Nico hasn’t been particularly well advised by all accounts

2) Nico hasn’t really matured in a way that the club had hoped that he would.
He’s still well thought of and will most probably secure a good move in the summer but I’d expect him to not be ‘ours’ come the new season.
I blame Faz’s quiz.

Am yet to make up my mind on Winnall - but, to make a case for him. He pressed the keeper into an error for tonight’s 4th. Judging a players solely based on what they do with the ball, and for strikers, if they score or not, isn’t the one
Agreed that what players do off the ball is important - but on the other hand, Winnall has looked poor in many respects. As a couple of examples, I can't imagine that he would have had the same effect as Agyei had for the first 20 minutes if he'd started and I think Taylor would have scored the chance he missed. I am still hoping it's just a lack of fitness and that he will be be more effective in the second half of the season, but for now he is well behind both Taylor and Agyei (playing centrally) in the striker queue.

nico has a lot of ability but a couple of factors have resulted in him falling down the pecking order;

1) his agent has had a bit of a falling out with the club and Nico hasn’t been particularly well advised by all accounts

He’s still well thought of and will most probably secure a good move in the summer but I’d expect him to not be ‘ours’ come the new season.

That’s a shame. He seemed to have something about him.

Good to see you back on here, @ECYellow. As a poster who is clued up on things and is evidently ITK, can you give us anything that may give us something to talk about signings wise?

500 pages of tittle tattle is getting to be a grind now.

Anyone know how Baptiste is getting on at Brentford?total waste of a move,should’ve stayed with us.

Going from £1,000 a week to £10,000 a week and coming within one game of being a Premier League player. He’ll be gutted that he left us. Give Brentford the £2million back, he’ll be desperate to get back to playing at Rochdale on a tenth of the money.

Ooh, second query - was he one of the New Years Eve rule breakers too?

Going from £1,000 a week to £10,000 a week and coming within one game of being a Premier League player. He’ll be gutted that he left us. Give Brentford the £2million back, he’ll be desperate to get back to playing at Rochdale on a tenth of the money.
Not playing though is he!

Anyone know how Baptiste is getting on at Brentford?total waste of a move,should’ve stayed with us.

We got a good deal there. He’s super talented, and his composure on the ball is amazing, and the ball sticks to his feet, and he was a pleasure to watch gliding along with the ball. BUT he just too injury prone, and that’s a real shame for the lad. Good move all round by the club imo.

That’s a shame. He seemed to have something about him.

Good to see you back on here, @ECYellow. As a poster who is clued up on things and is evidently ITK, can you give us anything that may give us something to talk about signings wise?

500 pages of tittle tattle is getting to be a grind now.

the wheels are turning but I think any dead wi come late into this week/weekend.

I fully expect us to sign the CD we require. I’ll be surprised if it’s not an Atkinson type signing.

We got a good deal there. He’s super talented, and his composure on the ball is amazing, and the ball sticks to his feet, and he was a pleasure to watch gliding along with the ball. BUT he just too injury prone, and that’s a real shame for the lad. Good move all round by the club imo.
It was a really good move for us and for Shandon.
Whether it was as good for Brentford depends on whether he ever gets fully fit.
Hopefully he gets fit and fulfills his potential

I would imagine everybody is happy he signed for Brentford, except Brentford!

the wheels are turning but I think any dead wi come late into this week/weekend.

I fully expect us to sign the CD we require. I’ll be surprised if it’s not an Atkinson type signing.
Good to know that stuff is happening of course. Would have happily put my mortgage on it being a deadline day deal!

Back
Top Bottom