Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Is there an up-to-date squad list, with ages, for all the clubs in Leagues 1 & 2?

For all the talk of players leaving to free up space in the squad for new arrivals, there needs to be a club wanting and able to take them!

A winger and CB do seem like necessary additions to the squad. I believe we have one squad place remaining...

Mous or Hanson could possibly not be registered until January if their injuries warrant this - although this creates a problem in January... We've a problem next August when some of our squad will be 22... Hopefully the age limit will be raised to 22.

Two to five new signings would transform this squad, bet, these playors need to be available, & willing to join, and we need to be able to create squad space... Deregistering players could get legally messy!

I think its absolutely stupid the fact we have to reduce our squad size next season from 22-20 in the first place, Premiership get a 25 man squad to play 38 games - we play 46 with 20 man squad from 21/22 with Saturday Tuesday most of the season along with FA/FLT/C.Cup games aswell we only need a 3/4 injuries or a few on International duty then we’re f-cked, as for the age in the wage cap I personally think it should be under 23 instead or 21 or under

We’re desperate for a winger with pace in the games I’ve seen so far & I wouldn’t put Hanson in the 22 we’ve got Kelly Gorrin & Forde who can play that position well he can either go out on loan or even be transfer listed like Peterborough have done with 4 of there players

Last edited:
With the age thing, I think that it could extend to 23 for any players already at the club, or maybe just for those who have come through the youth system at the club

Not transfer related well it is in a manner but why have other clubs recruited pretty well we still need a minimum of three players and just over 2 weeks to go, I thought KR had improved on his transfer activity.

Not transfer related well it is in a manner but why have other clubs recruited pretty well we still need a minimum of three players and just over 2 weeks to go, I thought KR had improved on his transfer activity.
think well all were thinking along those lines... then Dickie was sold ( not unexpectedly) and the season started

But do you know if everyone else has finished their squads?

Apparently it's because we wait for the really good players to be available....
We got Taylor late last year, so yes, some players do become available much later than others and that is sometimes worth the wait.

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: Ian
I think we’re missing a real leader on the pitch. Someone vocal and demonstrative. Mous, Dickie and CamBran are good players but I don’t see them kicking backsides or giving out rollickings.

I think we’re missing a real leader on the pitch. Someone vocal and demonstrative. Mous, Dickie and CamBran are good players but I don’t see them kicking backsides or giving out rollickings.

Agreed. For the first time this Saturday, I missed Jamie Mackie, nothing to do with his playing, but for pure motivational aspect. Losing Dickie, Mous and Mackie has removed a lot of vocals from the squad. It's a hard thing to replace, and possibly a bit undervalued.

The defence needs most work. All a bit of a perfect storm....no Gorrin to protect/calm, New rookie CB alongside Moore who is in a new spot, alongside new player Clare, makeshift left back in Long.

So, to return it to the Transfer chat....I hope we're in for a potential captain/leader CB (ideally)

Seems we have a number of players being played out of position- surely it’s better to have ‘less’ gifted players in the right positions than more gifted players in the wrong position? Hopefully more time playing and training and things will improve??

“We don’t want to be throwing arms in the air and blaming each other on the pitch.

“I think somebody knows if they’ve done something wrong, so I don’t think that’s necessary.

“A couple of lads have been doing that, which has been pointed out. It’s about sticking together.”

^^^ Quotes from Eastwood in today’s Mail. This for me is the biggest problem - anyone who even starts to get annoyed at things going wrong is frowned at. You want players letting loose at each other occasionally and not being afraid to ruffle some feathers. Sometimes they need to get angry and have a pop, and let off steam at each other, even during a game let alone after. If the mentality is “don’t say anything mean if someone has made a mistake, it makes them feel sad” then all you’re doing is creating an environment where nobody has to worry about being accountable. As I said recently, quiet little boys. They’ll turn on the champagne football occasionally, but they’ll struggle in a fight. I can’t stand the thought of having to play Swindon if that doesn’t change. The mentality needs to be tougher.

Jamie Mackie moaned at the referee and couldn’t run by last Christmas, let alone now, so he wouldn’t be much help. It doesn’t need 30+ cloggers on their last legs, it just needs people of any age who want to take responsibility. We need to sign one or two of them before the window shuts, and those already here need to buck their ideas up a little. Because what Eastwood has said is far too comfortable.

We need a couple of players who are mentally tough and motivated, but will we get them or will we get more “Mavericks” and “prospects” that belong to other clubs?

Back
Top Bottom