Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Such a shame to see ikechi Anya's career fizzle out like it has, I was a good friend of his at school and he's one of the most down to earth and modest footballers you'll ever meet.

Amazing how a few injuries and more-so changes of manager can effectively end your career.

Looks like Elechi is going on loan to Brackley so we might be close to a back up left back coming in?..

He was never one of our targets, well past it and if that's what they're signing, they've got a long, hard season ahead.

It's ok to have a dig at other clubs and their signings. Would it not be wiser to wait and see who we bring in as a striker, before criticising Swindon?

Pitman is more than capable of doing a job in Division 1.

"Good as it gets gate", has yet to yield a name. KR has set the bar high. As some have dissed Pittman, I hope this isn't another of KR's talk before thinking episodes.

It's ok to have a dig at other clubs and their signings. Would it not be wiser to wait and see who we bring in as a striker, before criticising Swindon?

Pitman is more than capable of doing a job in Division 1.

"Good as it gets gate", has yet to yield a name. KR has set the bar high. As some have dissed Pittman, I hope this isn't another of KR's talk before thinking episodes.
We already have Matty Taylor. He alone, is better than Pittman...

Agreed. But there will definitely be times when we don’t actually have Matty Taylor.
Fair point but even without Taylor, our options are better than what 'they' have when Pittman is out of the side.

I for one, can't wait to see who KR has been referring to as 'as good as it gets' - He has left himself open for ridicule if he signs Julian Alsop.

Fair point but even without Taylor, our options are better than what 'they' have when Pittman is out of the side.

I for one, can't wait to see who KR has been referring to as 'as good as it gets' - He has left himself open for ridicule if he signs Julian Alsop.
...or Jack Nicholson

However unfit he is, he still seems to have a knack of scoring.
I remember a couple of seasons ago at Pompey, I slagged him off all game.
He sauntered around the pitch In walking football mode, practically goal hanging, such was his lack of conditioning, but he still scored. Pitman does know where the net is despite his lack of energy. Signing for the scum makes him even more annoying, however, they have someone who can finish.

However unfit he is, he still seems to have a knack of scoring.

A whole 4 last year, albeit in a curtailed campaign (16 apps).

I suspect rather than being injured, he was just unable to force his way into the team. A decent signing for Pompey 3 years ago.

In 2020, I'd rather hope we'd do better.

Looks like Elechi is going on loan to Brackley so we might be close to a back up left back coming in?..

I mean, Elechi was never going to feature, if Nico Jones and Kyran Lofthouse were considered better LB options in pre-season.

Say what you want about getting a backup top-class striker, at least we have other players in the building who primarily play as strikers . At the moment if Ruffs gets injured, someone is going to be put in that position and have to learn on the job.

A whole 4 last year, albeit in a curtailed campaign (16 apps).

I suspect rather than being injured, he was just unable to force his way into the team. A decent signing for Pompey 3 years ago.

In 2020, I'd rather hope we'd do better.

Indeed. We have to accept that teams around us will make 'decent' signings, some of whom we may have wanted for ourselves a year or two ago.

However, we're going for promotion this year, so we have to bide our time and hope that the people we're waiting for are even better, and will provoke more jealousy from the teams that are doing the fairly good business right now.

I mean, Elechi was never going to feature, if Nico Jones and Kyran Lofthouse were considered better LB options in pre-season.

Say what you want about getting a backup top-class striker, at least we have other players in the building who primarily play as strikers . At the moment if Ruffs gets injured, someone is going to be put in that position and have to learn on the job.
It's not quite that bad. Long and Atkinson can play there. We have actually got a right back this year who will be learning on the job.

So are we signing a top class striker?

Hate to say it but we’ve heard it all before.Every season KR has been in charge we have put in a bid for a player but said player has not joined us because it is likely we can’t pay them enough.
What frustrates me is why say anything. Is this just to placate the fans?
I don’t doubt we are talking to a few top class players for this tier of football but maybe we have to set our sights somewhat lower.
All this does is get the fans exited and then the bubble is popped.
KR usually comes up with decent loan players and young talent from lower tiers of football, he should continue down this route and not build up our hopes

It's not quite that bad. Long and Atkinson can play there. We have actually got a right back this year who will be learning on the job.

So two wrongs can make a right?

Atkinson is definitely looking like a first choice CB, I don't think it will do his progress any good to be shoved into LB. Long is not that suitable there for me as a right footer, I think he'll not want to go forward at all, and will be extremely defensive, inviting pressure even moreso than he does at RB.

So two wrongs can make a right?

Atkinson is definitely looking like a first choice CB, I don't think it will do his progress any good to be shoved into LB. Long is not that suitable there for me as a right footer, I think he'll not want to go forward at all, and will be extremely defensive, inviting pressure even moreso than he does at RB.
Don't get me wrong, left back cover would be great but I'm just pointing out things are not terrible in terms of cover.

Back
Top Bottom