Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I'd be stunned if we signed Will Grigg given the confidence of other names over the last 10 days or so. I'd almost expect Wyke (if a Sunderland player) over Grigg given that Grigg was at least due to be moving north over the close season.

But as I mentioned previously, they could have all been deliberately released red herrings - it has happened before.
If it is Grigg then the club has played a blinder and shows ECYellow is the main man (or woman)

There have been lots of names flying around, particularly at the end of last week so we're either keeping lots of option open, or the club is bluffing, double bluffing, and quite possibly just having a little fun with it all!

We'll just have to wait and see I guess!

Would Ikechi Anya be a good option for filling in on left? Released by Derby over the summer, and obvious Oxford links. ( I'm not an agent for players born in Oxford by the way)

13 appearances since August 2017 and hasn't played a game since May 2018.

I'd hope not.
Even when fit was only playing as an overage player in the U23s team for Derby.
Doubt he'll play again anywhere to be honest

I noticed short was doing the interview on iPlayer today maybe Robbo was too busy talking to new players ?

I noticed short was doing the interview on iPlayer today maybe Robbo was too busy talking to new players ?
In recent years, Faz and Mous have taken charge of these games - but your reasoning sounds better!!

From what KR has said we’re at a delicate stage of negotiation with a player. My gut feeling tells me its a striker, as thats the priority position, and that its Sam Winnall. He has said we’re close but then uses the piece of string analogy. I guess there will come a time this week where we’ll have to consider a plan B if progress isnt being made. I reckon if we havent heard anything by Thursday we’ll be on to other targets, as KR really wants a decent backup CF for the start of the season, with Brandon Hanlan being on the B list. There Ive said it.. ?

Would Ikechi Anya be a good option for filling in on left? Released by Derby over the summer, and obvious Oxford links. ( I'm not an agent for players born in Oxford by the way)

Absolutely not.

Wayyy past his best. More likely to sign for Oxford City I’d think.

• React
Reactions: MJB
There have been lots of names flying around, particularly at the end of last week so we're either keeping lots of option open, or the club is bluffing, double bluffing, and quite possibly just having a little fun with it all!

We'll just have to wait and see I guess!

I wasn’t being cryptic. I was simply putting 2:2 together off the back of the Graham news today.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a young loanee come in from Derby, given the connection with Craig Short.

He's not played a first team match for 2 years. I'm pretty certain that's mostly been due to injury. It's a surprise he hasn't retired.

Back
Top Bottom