Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Sammie Szmodics being chased by Portsmouth, Sunderland and Peterborough.

Posh likely to win as bidding £1m, others want a loan.

It's interesting, other than Marvin, in recent years, we have tended to go for a more attacking full back on the right side with more defensive stability on the left. Whether this is tactical or just a lack of very attacking left backs out there, I don't know. The left back we got from Everton, Garbutt, was maybe brought in to be more attacking but actually only became more attacking when played further up. Would be interesting to see how we play with two attacking full backs.

If only!

Surprised we are not in for him, to be honest.

Not bothered tbh about him. Shosho stats may say something different but this doesn't really make me think he is a must sign and I don't really remember him from when we've played Gillingham:

Don't get me wrong, left back cover would be great but I'm just pointing out things are not terrible in terms of cover.
Probably our weakest position for cover. Plus if you did put Atkinson there you would then have to play Mous and the cover problem then moves to CB. I dont think Jones is ready for more than a game or two.
If Ruffs gets injured and is out for a couple of months we'll be stuffed!! As said, Long is strongly right footed and the oppo would target him. A game or two yes, more than that NO!!

Not bothered tbh about him. Shosho stats may say something different but this doesn't really make me think he is a must sign and I don't really remember him from when we've played Gillingham:

Have done some advanced stuff on Hanlan ?

Clare was third choice. There was a second choice RB after O’Donnell whose name never made it out.

So secretive, this transfer business.

Or Clare became available and affordable after we missed out on the first two. Making him both third and first choice depending on how you look at it.

Clare was third choice. There was a second choice RB after O’Donnell whose name never made it out.

So secretive, this transfer business.

Clare reading this post...

giphy.gif

Exeter have a 15% sell on clause on Olly Watkins.
Set to be going to Villa for £28m.

Shows how vital it is to include sell ons
From the Exeter City forum, these are the 2 figures they are potentially due to receive (there is some uncertainty whether it's a 15 or 20% sell on clause)

Based on new £28m transfer - £1.8m original player sale.

15% sell on + 3.5% solidarity = £4.91mil
or
20% sell on + 4% solidarity = £6.36mil

I hope we have a decent sell on clause with Baptiste!

Back
Top Bottom