Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

3 names from 3 different people!

Norwood who EC mentioned.

One Robinson knows a lot about

The other is a wild card youngster who was on loan from a then PL side to a fellow league one said.. uninspiring spell where he didn’t score once!

Will be a free transfer as was released in the summer.

Or I could have been told a load of
B*****s!! All good fun and keeps the forum and bazzer ticking!!!
Can't you give us a tattoo-based clue to keep us all going?

The Cynic in me suggests that the press release about going for a 'top league 1' striker is to help blow over the lowish fee we received for the Dickmesiter.
Wouldn't surprise me at all. He's got history. I can think of one particular example in the early days. Likes to put messages out to control perception. Nothing wrong with that by the way.

Can't you give us a tattoo-based clue to keep us all going?

Well a bloke i know from out the Watford way who works in PR and who’s also a season ticket holder seems to think he’ll be announced on Monday. Also interested in the line that he also knows Sean Clare..
7c6b7b57bffee358c4e8f45a5c14991e.jpg

Well a bloke i know from out the Watford way who works in PR and who’s also a season ticket holder seems to think he’ll be announced on Monday. Also interested in the line that he also knows Sean Clare..
What does he make of him, as a player? Played once for Watford and 13 times for Wimbledon, last season. Pretty poor goal to game ratio, mind.. Odd move.

Robinson said yesterday that we had put an offer to a player (either having already had a bid accepted by the club or a player out of contract), but if that wasn't accepted we would move on to the next on our list.

So whilst some will see that as Robinson shooting his mouth off again, I'd rather see that as being part of the usual transfer activity at this stage.

I guess we've sounded out a number of options, Grigg, Norwood, Winnall etc and now it's a bit of a waiting game to see which, if any, comes good. It would certainly explain why lots of names are currently bouncing around both on social media and behind the scenes. The one good thing is that all the names mentioned to date are very decent prospects. "As good as it gets at this level" is pretty subjective and will be used against Robinson by some, but whoever comes in will be a world away from the likes of Sam Smith 2 years ago, or Dan Agyei last year.

The Cynic in me suggests that the press release about going for a 'top league 1' striker is to help blow over the lowish fee we received for the Dickmesiter.
I’m personally okay with only ending up with just over a million quid after Reading’s cut, given time was nearly up and he already extended so we could get any sort of fee to begin with. A million quid is a million quid. The devil will be in the detail, in the form of add-ons and potential bonuses. I hope we have a decent sell-on as he could genuinely be sold for eight figures in the next few years. That’s key.

It can't be him. Karl said we have bid for a player as good as it gets in league one. He didn't do much at Wimbledon last year and has been released by Watford.

whoever comes in will be a world away from the likes of Sam Smith 2 years ago, or Dan Agyei last year.
Bit harsh on Agyei that!

I wouldn't really get the logic in the Folivi signing. We've already brought in two strikers who you would label as 'prospects' this window in Asonganyi and Osei. I would have thought the whole point of this second striker is someone who we know can do a job at this level for when Taylor needs a rest / rotation. Unless the scouting team see something in him that obviously wasn't apparent at Wimbledon, Folivi doesn't offer that.

I would also given the choice take Sinclair different player to Taylor and was starting to look good here

Bit harsh on Agyei that!

I wouldn't really get the logic in the Folivi signing. We've already brought in two strikers who you would label as 'prospects' this window in Asonganyi and Osei. I would have thought the whole point of this second striker is someone who we know can do a job at this level for when Taylor needs a rest / rotation. Unless the scouting team see something in him that obviously wasn't apparent at Wimbledon, Folivi doesn't offer that.
That sounds like old information,perhaps before we’d got Asonganyi and Osei in we looked at Folivi.

Bit harsh on Agyei that!

I think even his biggest fan would say that Agyei is not yet in the same league as Grigg, Norwood, Winsall etc. I think he's a great prospect but I'd hope that whoever we brought in was ready to compete with Taylor.

You are right that Folivi doesn't significantly improve on what we have, but I wasn't considering him to be honest.

Just watched a video on Folivi. He is very fifferent to what we have and looks like he could play up top or out wide. Looks very quick and skillful. You need to wait until 3:30 onwards to really start to see what he's like.

Back
Top Bottom