Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

3 names from 3 different people!

Norwood who EC mentioned.

One Robinson knows a lot about

The other is a wild card youngster who was on loan from a then PL side to a fellow league one said.. uninspiring spell where he didn’t score once!

Will be a free transfer as was released in the summer.

Or I could have been told a load of
B*****s!! All good fun and keeps the forum and bazzer ticking!!!

Michael Folivi?

I'd be happy with that if he starts improving like he did under KR the 1st time but I'd want him as our player this time. His goals to minutes ratio with us was decent and he definitely has pace and always worked hard. He could learn off Matty Taylor as well.
Is he as good as it gets at this level though? No. If we're linked with Sinclair, im really confused by KR's statement.

Both Sinclair and Folivi are over 21 so I think both would count as senior players. I'd be suprised if we got both (not doubting ITKs, just my opinion), might go from not having enough strikers to too many? Sinclair on his own would be fine for me, a good 'reserve' striker

What is KR’s track record when he makes a statement like this

My feeling is on the whole they don’t come off, especially when talking strikers

What usually comes to fruition is a player that we are linked with but KR keeps quiet about.

So my bet on this one is that it won’t come off, hopefully I’m wrong

• Wow
Reactions: Ian
Is he as good as it gets at this level though? No. If we're linked with Sinclair, im really confused by KR's statement.

His stats* with us were 942 mins played over 16 appearances with 4 goals and 3 assists. He scores a goal every 2.6 games (236 mins) and has an assist every 3.5 games (314 mins). Combined that is an assist or goal every 1.5 games (135mins).

I do that that to counter the other posts and illustrate why it would be a decent signing imo. JS's record with us is better than Grigg's with Sunderland! I do agree however that it doesn't really tie into KR's comment.

*Stats from Transfermarkt.

So from reading the post this morning. My conclusion is that we have a Plan A of "big name striker" - Norwood or Winnall

but have a plan B of "unproven but some potential at some point" type striker - Sinclair or Folivi

I expect us to sign Dave Nugent then.

His stats* with us were 942 mins played over 16 appearances with 4 goals and 3 assists. He scores a goal every 2.6 games (236 mins) and has an assist every 3.5 games (314 mins). Combined that is an assist or goal every 1.5 games (135mins).

I do that that to counter the other posts and illustrate why it would be a decent signing imo. JS's record with us is better than Grigg's with Sunderland! I do agree however that it doesn't really tie into KR's comment.
Not disputing his performances while with us but if we were to sign Sinclair after saying "hes as good as it gets at this level" when we already have Matty Taylor, we are going to look ridiculous.

Utterly bamboozled by the seemingly "leak lots of names quickly" type approach that has accompanied that headline from last night. All usual sources from across the game are also equally confused.
Think we won't know right up until any announcement.

Just like how it used to be - bliss!

Back
Top Bottom