Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if there is any truth in this and we’re signing two wingers does that mean a new role for Whyte? Playing through the middle?
It would be good competition, 4 good league 1 wingers. Something we didn't have last season.

Weve also revived our interest in local lad Jorge Grant.

Just seen this on a Lincoln City blog as they are also interested. Seems the original story comes via a former Nottingham Post journalist who now writes for various freelance sites.

I have it on good authority that the 3rd new signing of the summer will be announced by end of play Friday - subject to medical.

Happy with the players we're being linked with, hopefully they sign. Worried about CB and the fullbacks, still think we need at least one CB if not 2 (one for cover), out of the players we have only Long and Mous can play there, but would have thought long is now first choice RB, can't afford for him to be CB cover as well, think Mous should be DM cover, think we may need a DM, although have a feeling that'll be Kashi (no inside info just my opinion). Also think we need full back cover, only 2 currently, would like another. Also think we need one or 2 strikers. Dont know if this number of players is realistic but if we are to push for promotion and playoffs I think we need a bigger squad than last season

Grant would be a great addition! Can play on the left/right or more prominently in the #10 role.....

Plus takes set pieces.

Last edited:
Happy with the players we're being linked with, hopefully they sign. Worried about CB and the fullbacks, still think we need at least one CB if not 2 (one for cover), out of the players we have only Long and Mous can play there, but would have thought long is now first choice RB, can't afford for him to be CB cover as well, think Mous should be DM cover, think we may need a DM, although have a feeling that'll be Kashi (no inside info just my opinion). Also think we need full back cover, only 2 currently, would like another. Also think we need one or 2 strikers. Dont know if this number of players is realistic but if we are to push for promotion and playoffs I think we need a bigger squad than last season

Shandon Baptiste is our DM. We just put mous there until Shandon is fit!

I have it on good authority that the 3rd new signing of the summer will be announced by end of play Friday - subject to medical.
Just in time to start pre season, personally I thought there would have been more in by now with pre season starting.
But what do I know

Would love to see Grant here.

Disappointing loans at Luton and Mansfield but very good in his time at Notts County in L2. He’s local, from Witney, and I know for a fact that we were one of a number of clubs interested before he choose to go to Luton. Might be a case of whether or not his Luton experience at top end L1 is now seen as being a step too far by Robinson.

The ship may have sailed but at the right price he’d definitely be worth a punt.

Disappointing loans at Luton and Mansfield but very good in his time at Notts County in L2. He’s local, from Witney, and I know for a fact that we were one of a number of clubs interested before he choose to go to Luton. Might be a case of whether or not his Luton experience at top end L1 is now seen as being a step too far by Robinson.

The ship may have sailed but at the right price he’d definitely be worth a punt.

Disappointing loans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom