Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
He prefers right mid...with Whyte getting no 10 shirt more central role for him ?

Yeah which means what’s happening with Henry?

Cadden’s attacking output wasn’t great this season...but fits the blueprint of pace and ball carrying KR likes

Or will we put him at right wing back? And keep Whyte on the right?

Last edited:

Cadden’s attacking output wasn’t great this season...but fits the blueprint of pace and ball carrying KR likes

Henry is one I could see going. High wages (allegedly) and doesn't hold any future value for us.

Nico Jones, Michael Elechi, Sam Long. You need to give your young players chances otherwise they will move on especially Nico who has had interest higher up.

As I mentioned before we need another centre back who could push Dickie & Nelson for there places (& that’s before Nelson was definitely going).
Plus still need to know what Mousinho plans are whether he’s staying & playing a bit part roll - or taking up a coaching roll - or moving on to play else where that would leave us 1 senior pro defender in that position (Dickie)

Let not forget we did conceded 64 goals last season so that needs to be improved on doesn’t it

Nico Jones is not ready for first team football regularly (cup games & the odd game here & there when needed) plus how many 17 years old centre backs are playing in league 1/2 or even championship

Henry? Thanks for asking! Young Henry Landers, has been spotted by Spanish scouts playing beach football on his recent summer holiday who are now in talks with Maidenhead United and his agent about a shock move to La Liga. You really cant make this up.

A Pompey mate reckons Jackett is interested in Henry for their 10 role. He was his boss at Millwall and Wolves.
Henry was brilliant early season but poor later in the season. Reportedly the highest paid player in the squad at 5k per week.. I'd be happy if we got a fee for him, in turn giving us more wiggle room within the wage budget for the season.

Henry is a useful player to have in the squad but would take a fee for him. Sykes will displace him this season anyway.

Yep, absolutely. Letting your top scorer from the last two seasons go is inspired.
He was poor second half of last season. 2 goals since January and could rarely last 90 minutes. Think we should keep him but Sykes will have his shirt by January I reckon and his high wage maybe needed.

Or will we put him at right wing back? And keep Whyte on the right?

Does it mean that ? Its an available shirt number doesn’t mean that’s the position he will play. Did browne play there all season because he had it

He was poor second half of last season. 2 goals since January and could rarely last 90 minutes. Think we should keep him but Sykes will have his shirt by January I reckon and his high wage maybe needed.
Indeed, Whyte has been given the number 10 shirt, which is Henry's best position, so it's obvious he's going to be backup. Henry is poor when starting as a wide player, and we have better in the central areas. If we can free up his wage we could really bolster the squad.

Yep, absolutely. Letting your top scorer from the last two seasons go is inspired.

Bought this up a few months ago...

Henry has one year left on his contract and is 30. We have Sykes/Baptiste/Brannagan/Whyte who can all play in his role.

My argument was, if money is offered would you take it? In a years time he could leave on a free, offer a new contract and its likely a hefty one for someone 30+.

Personally, If offered would be taking ££££ with replacements already in the squad

Does it mean that ? Its an available shirt number doesn’t mean that’s the position he will play. Did browne play there all season because he had it

Just talking through the options. He could play #10. He scored a hat trick up front and no one thought he was a striker? Browne played in the middle for parts of last season.

I think Whyte will stay out wide with Cadden possibly going as a wing back, but there at least seems to be some versatility.

What will Whyte be worth if he is productive on the wing, #10 and possibly striker? This could all be about adding to Whyte’s value

Indeed, Whyte has been given the number 10 shirt, which is Henry's best position, so it's obvious he's going to be backup. Henry is poor when starting as a wide player, and we have better in the central areas. If we can free up his wage we could really bolster the squad.
Exactly! Strongest area of the pitch for us. Brannagan,Sykes,Hanson,Baptise (when fit) and Cadden(if he signs) can all play there whilst we're looking at one my player to play there. Frankly if your not upto scratch and performing well you have be dropped and possibly sold no matter how good you've been previously.

Just talking through the options. He could play #10. He scored a hat trick up front and no one thought he was a striker? Browne played in the middle for parts of last season.

I think Whyte will stay out wide with Cadden possibly going as a wing back, but there at least seems to be some versatility.

What will Whyte be worth if he is productive on the wing, #10 and possibly striker? This could all be about adding to Whyte’s value
He is a striker in my opinion. Hat trick against Shrewsbury and a brace against Newport from Striker. Against teams that play 3 at the back Gavin Whyte has to play uptop to exploit lack of pace in the centre halves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom