Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t I read somewhere that KR was having talks with nelson last Wednesday with, I presume, the hope of him staying.
Has anyone heard any rumours of where he could be going? Normally by this time of the season if a player is off we know where to.
What a signing nelson would be.

Graham's last Tweet doesn't seem to sound like he will be here next year...anyone else understand it like that?

Me too. I'm not too disappointed. For me, Kashi (high impact, lower wages?) and Browne (high impact, slightly lower wages?) are better options.

If we were barely safe at the end of the season, in 19th/20th, then I could see that situation more.

But surely the owners will have one eye on our form. If we start next season like we're finishing this one, the value of our player assets should have doubled.

The best thing about our late season form is that I'd say the owners would be more likely to double up on a playoff push next season than to shop our best players and settle for lower league scrapping.
Think we deserve to know whats happening before being enticed to buy season tickets early

Looks like a show reel to get other clubs.

I would look to keep Browne over Graham if possible.

Graham would still be a decent addition...he needs a full pre season and loads of match time. He is 24 and has barely played 40 matches. He has the match experience of an 18/19 yo

No mention of Garbutt?

I just went with the three I think we'd get back easiest. Garbutt is still under contract at Everton and (I imagine) is quite expensive but his comments today suggest he could negotiate a release. I wouldn't be surprised if West Ham loan Browne to someone else.

I doubt we will keep Graham but just imagine a full season of him and Whyte on the wings, would be worth the season ticket just for that!

Didn’t I read somewhere that KR was having talks with nelson last Wednesday with, I presume, the hope of him staying.
Has anyone heard any rumours of where he could be going? Normally by this time of the season if a player is off we know where to.
What a signing nelson would be.
Seen a few ppl suggest Ipswich are interested, would be disappointed if we lost him to them

Think we deserve to know whats happening before being enticed to buy season tickets early
It doesn't work that way. 99% of those buying season tickets do so to support what ever team is put out. Also in the knowledge that being Oxford United it will be a bloody rollercoaster of a season, with possibly more lows than highs. But that is the beauty of supporting our club.

It doesn't work that way. 99% of those buying season tickets do so to support what ever team is put out. Also in the knowledge that being Oxford United it will be a bloody rollercoaster of a season, with possibly more lows than highs. But that is the beauty of supporting our club.
The "beauty"?? lol..... "part" of surely :) Agree to a certain extent but we have had multiple winding up petitions. ST are prepayments and if we go into administration there are no refunds. ST holders surely deserve to hear that it wont happen. Has the recent WOP from Kass been sorted, because VAT is due 7/5?. ST "work" the way the buyers want them to work

The "beauty"?? lol..... "part" of surely :) Agree to a certain extent but we have had multiple winding up petitions. ST are prepayments and if we go into administration there are no refunds. ST holders surely deserve to hear that it wont happen. Has the recent WOP from Kass been sorted, because VAT is due 7/5?. ST "work" the way the buyers want them to work

Listen to Tiger's comments in the 5 mins forum. There is a link on the relevant thread.

We had Big Sam’s nephew on trail last week. Plays for Bury youth presently. @Littlebigsam5 on Twitter. Plays CB

If Tiger came out today and promised that we wouldn't go into administration next year, how many would believe him?

Statements and promises are meaningless. If season ticket sales were dependent on guarantees of success, we'd never sell any! But generally the number of those buying season tickets has stayed fairly consistent for years because most buy because of their love for the club regardless of results. Promotions will give you a little bounce, relegations a bit of a dip, but I would guess that sales haven't changed much over the last 20 odd years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom