Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were we to lose Clint in the summer then I hope we would be taking a look at Luke Southwood. He is on loan at Eastleigh from Reading and looks like he has real potential.

There were a couple of whispers in January about this lad. I think he may have been "identified" as a potential replacement in the GK position. As per the list of 3 idea we had under MApp.

Just noticed, we were linked by the Daily Mail in March too: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...summer-Reading-goalkeeper-Luke-Southwood.html

Tom Elliott supposedly being released by Millwall. Would be after him if I was KR.

Conor McLaughlin also looks like he will be released by Millwall this summer. Very decent right back who could link up with his Northern Irish teammate Gavin Whyte...has good experience at this level with Fleetwood too.

Conor McLaughlin also looks like he will be released by Millwall this summer. Very decent right back who could link up with his Northern Irish teammate Gavin Whyte...has good experience at this level with Fleetwood too.

Would definitely be a improvement in our defence if we could get him, Sam Long has done well in the final 1/3 of the season but I still think that position needs filling next season

Doesn’t strike me as being the comments of someone likely to be here next season, unfortunately.

Well, if he’s a frequent Tweeter, he can’t not say ANYTHING on leaving, and he more than most will have lots to sort out.

Personally I see this as a stock-standard “thank you” and certainly doesn’t rule him out of a return.

Well, if he’s a frequent Tweeter, he can’t not say ANYTHING on leaving, and he more than most will have lots to sort out.

Personally I see this as a stock-standard “thank you” and certainly doesn’t rule him out of a return.

Last line is a little more definitive to me, but of course I am overanalysing it. Would love him to stay but wouldn’t begrudge him a move upwards. Most of our fans wanted to bin him off after a few months so we owe him nothing really. He seems to have improved under KR though so further evidence that he’s a good coach of inexperienced players.

What looks likely now is Garbutt and Nelson will be gone. We still have some players likely to stay, Dickie and Brannigan, Whyte and hopefully Henry. There has been a lot of improvement in our players, and I’m sure other clubs will be watching and I wouldn’t rule out a big bid which would probably be accepted for one of our best players.
As mentioned I think Robinson is getting the best out of inexperienced players and Oxford will continue to be a development club.
Eastleigh have a very good keeper who’d be worth looking at but so do AC Fylde. It’d be nice to have a punt on a lower league player or two as KR may well succeed there

Dickies
What looks likely now is Garbutt and Nelson will be gone. We still have some players likely to stay, Dickie and Brannigan, Whyte and hopefully Henry. There has been a lot of improvement in our players, and I’m sure other clubs will be watching and I wouldn’t rule out a big bid which would probably be accepted for one of our best players.
As mentioned I think Robinson is getting the best out of inexperienced players and Oxford will continue to be a development club.
Eastleigh have a very good keeper who’d be worth looking at but so do AC Fylde. It’d be nice to have a punt on a lower league player or two as KR may well succeed there

Dickie could be a problem for us with only 1 year left & is worth a decent fee, we are already looking for Nelson replacement as well

Dickie could be a problem for us with only 1 year left & is worth a decent fee, we are already looking for Nelson replacement as well

I am slightly worried about his 'illness'. I'm hoping it's genuine and not some code for being overly stubborn about signing a new contract.

I am slightly worried about his 'illness'. I'm hoping it's genuine and not some code for being overly stubborn about signing a new contract.
KR did say that RD was with the squad yesterday, which I hope indicates that it’s fairly innocent. If he was ‘doing a Marv’, I would think he’d be kept separated from the squad, at least in a match day.

Fingers crossed.

Tom Lockyer from Bristol R. Indicated he’s leaving. Always been impressed with him as a defender. Hope that’s the kind of player we’re looking at.

Some options from the relegated teams:

Plymouth:
Graham Carey (29) - No.10 similar to Henry, contract expires in summer but has a one year extension option.
Ruben Lameiras (24) - Another attacking midfielder, available on free transfer.
Freddie Ladapo (26) - Striker with 18 goals, one year left on contract.

Walsall:
Nicky Devlin (25) - Right back, has just won Player’s Player. OOC this summer.
Andy Cook (28) - 13 goals, one year on contract.

Scunthorpe:
Ryan Colclough (24) - Primarily left winger, started season well before ACL injury. 2 years left on contract so perhaps unlikely.

Bradford:
Couldn’t name anyone.

From the Championship, Ellis Harrison (25) would be a decent striker. Looks like he’s struggled this season but had been consistent for Bristol Rovers prior. One year left on contract, but cost them 750k last summer.

Some options from the relegated teams:

Plymouth:
Graham Carey (29) - No.10 similar to Henry, contract expires in summer but has a one year extension option.
Ruben Lameiras (24) - Another attacking midfielder, available on free transfer.
Freddie Ladapo (26) - Striker with 18 goals, one year left on contract.

Walsall:
Nicky Devlin (25) - Right back, has just won Player’s Player. OOC this summer.
Andy Cook (28) - 13 goals, one year on contract.

Scunthorpe:
Ryan Colclough (24) - Primarily left winger, started season well before ACL injury. 2 years left on contract so perhaps unlikely.

Bradford:
Couldn’t name anyone.

From the Championship, Ellis Harrison (25) would be a decent striker. Looks like he’s struggled this season but had been consistent for Bristol Rovers prior. One year left on contract, but cost them 750k last summer.

I just want Cameron Norman back. Was sure he could have been nurtured into the attacking full-back we need.

In terms of current/ex-United full-backs, at least 3 were relegated this weekend. Norman, Smith-Brown, and McMahon!

Ladapo for sure is a good option, I just feel like there's going to be another mid-L1 club with bigger balls when it comes to an auction situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom