Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had already invested significantly in the squad before the Gavin Whyte deal even came up, as I showed.

They would have been aware that there was interest in Whyte out there in the market. So I'm quite sure the players you mention were acquired on the proviso that one of our starlets would be cashed in before the window closed. Any, frankly, nothing wrong with that.

We had already invested significantly in the squad before the Gavin Whyte deal even came up, as I showed. Deals were already in place, or we had offered equivalent offers to other players. The budget was set very early and hasn't changed. The only difference is with how we have looked to use that budget.

Of course we weren't going to turn down significant offers for someone like Gavin Whyte and that helps the bank balance. But the idea that we couldn't compete in the transfer market, or that we were struggling is simply not true.

If you're interested in quotes, look at pretty much everything said by Robinson and others at the 60 minute RadOx phone in. Or pretty much every quote coming out of the club in the last 4 weeks or more. Tiger is justifying the sale of Gavin Whyte of course, but it wasn't s**t or bust as you wrongly present.
You are literally saying you know more than the owner. I’m sure you would argue black is white. Unbelievable.

Less football genius, more someone who simply can’t keep a secret.

They would have been aware that there was interest in Whyte out there in the market. So I'm quite sure the players you mention were acquired on the proviso that one of our starlets would be cashed in before the window closed. Any, frankly, nothing wrong with that.
Absolutely. And the signings that have come in since Whyte left have happened, as the owner has said in a written statement, because Whyte was sold. Nothing wrong with that either.

Whyte has already said he turned down sitting on the bench at Leeds in the championship and took regular football in L1 with us. No surprise he engineered a move to the championship
If Radio Ox are to be believed Whyte apparently didn’t want to leave and even tried to get loaned back to us when it was clear he was going to have to leave. I’m not ITK, simply quoting Jerome. If I was ITK I wouldn’t blab on social media though :)

16th, and only three points above the drop.... we need another 5 to keep us up! :confused:

Well Tiger recently said the sale of Whyte allowed us to bring in some of these players, contrary to what others ITK had said. So I think that became a necessity when it was clear we were struggling in the transfer market.

I had no problem with selling a key player if it meant adding to the squad. That’s the model after all. The price he went for is what I still struggle with, but I’ll get over it. The reality was we hadn’t benefited from the big income from a key player sale for a couple of seasons and that really hurts financially. Tigers hand was probably forced and its hard to be totally critical of his decision on that basis. Only the communication, which has improved since then too.

I think you’ve replied to the wrong post as I don’t think I mention anything to do with Whyte?

But it wasn’t those who were ITK who said we didn’t need to sell Whyte to bring in players. It was KR himself. In fact there were offers accepted by clubs for players beforehand. Although it is a bit of a coincidence that we’re struggling and then all of a sudden Whyte is sold and players are signed just days afterward.

With Mark Sykes going out on loan does that free up the space for a winger?

I see Jordan Graham has been told he can leave Wolves on a free. He’d be ideal as he can play both wings. Rob Hall looks finished on his recent showings so I do think it’s a position needed filling.

With Mark Sykes going out on loan does that free up the space for a winger?

I see Jordan Graham has been told he can leave Wolves on a free. He’d be ideal as he can play both wings. Rob Hall looks finished on his recent showings so I do think it’s a position needed filling.
Wasn't the reason we cant get McCleary in is because of the wage cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom