Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham is available on a free?! We’d be mad not to go for him, mad... ok he struggled for form at times last time out but he’s got so much ability and we really do need a winger...
Just want to say, Graham will never be coming back to the club, I don't think. A few strong hints along those lines were dropped to the OxVox fans that visited the training ground.

Wasn't the reason we cant get McCleary in is because of the wage cap?
It was more about using more of the budget to tie up the Matty Taylor deal as well as holding some back incase things change this week. I would imagine that we'll still bring in another player but might not be McCleary now.

Just want to say, Graham will never be coming back to the club, I don't think. A few strong hints along those lines were dropped to the OxVox fans that visited the training ground.

Did he say that he thought Skyes was a good player?

It was more about using more of the budget to tie up the Matty Taylor deal as well as holding some back incase things change this week. I would imagine that we'll still bring in another player but might not be McCleary now.
Exactly, we spent too much getting Taylor over the line so that would of put us over the wage cap if we got McCleary in, not to say we won't go back again for him later.
Semantics..

Exactly, we spent too much getting Taylor over the line so that would of put us over the wage cap if we got McCleary in, not to say we won't go back again for him later.
Semantics..
Spent 'too much'. Really?
We desperately needed a striker and you dont get many with Taylor's record at this level.
I guess KR had to make a simple choice. Bring in a lower level striker and McCleary or Taylor (and a lower level winger if a couple can be offloaded)
A striker to me was always the priority and hopefully Taylor will be shown to have been the right choice.

McCleary didn't want to come (he thinks he can still prove himself higher up), and we really needed a striker. Easy to offer Taylor more when we're not going to need to pay another huge sum for McCleary.

Spent 'too much'. Really?
We desperately needed a striker and you dont get many with Taylor's record at this level.
I guess KR had to make a simple choice. Bring in a lower level striker and McCleary or Taylor (and a lower level winger if a couple can be offloaded)
A striker to me was always the priority and hopefully Taylor will be shown to have been the right choice.
So one minute we are being told these good players are coming in to the club on around £3k plus a week, it keeps the status qua of the squad and falls in with budgetary restraints, then we need to get a striker in at any costs.

Personally I think they should of paid more attention to the defence that's shipping a lot of goals at the moment, but we do have all the attacking players in now to outscore team, what can go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom