Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we only get Cadden in before Sunderland (which just having listened to KRs interview seems entirely possible) then how anyone can defend the summer recruitment up until that point I just don't know. It is of course more than partially due to the ridiculous timing of the transfer window, but to start the season without a single proper, fit senior striker and to be relying on a player who failed in that position last year as a first choice CB (and the manager discounted earlier in the summer) is patently not good enough.

I must admit this forum does have a depressive effect. I'm generally positive...but I'm struggling to see how we can go into our first game against Sunderland without an adequate replacement for a CB that the world knew would be leaving. No one teed up, nothing. Having Mous as CB is liability that cost us heavily last year...I would be most disappointed if that's as good as we can do against Sunderland.
So how do you know that no one is lined up?Don't you think that they have a list that they will work through?

All screams loan players to me , Robo said probably only one more player in before we go to Sunderland.

Looks like Cadden will be confirmed and then reading between the lines if he can’t get the players in before Sunderland it’s because they are coming in on Loan.

I think it’s clear Evans isn’t coming we know the centre back from Scotland is a no go , so we have gone from bidding for players to getting players in on loan!!

but Evans must be coming as we were assured on this very forum that he was

Never positive are you ??? plenty of teams around Birmingham you could support if this isn't good enough.

am positive enough when there are things to be positive about - and why should I support a Birmingham team just because I now live there - I am Oxford born - plenty of f...ers born in Oxford who support all the "big" teams - why not have a go at them instead

am positive enough when there are things to be positive about - and why should I support a Birmingham team just because I now live there - I am Oxford born - plenty of f...ers born in Oxford who support all the "big" teams - why not have a go at them instead
Because they don't come on here spouting crap all the time! You pretend you support Oxford but haven't a good word to say about anything to do with the club.

Hmm define 'brassic' kip
Over the years we have had many periods of financial trouble - are we currently brassic?, we are certainly not in the sell Simon Marsh, Phil Whitehead have pretty much everyone for sale and ship 7 goals twice in a season level of brassic (though who knows what the season holds)...THAT was brassic lol... and we aren't Bury (yet)
Bills and staff paid late yes, but paid. Some decent wages being paid and facilities built/maintained.
We might have a frustrating budget for the transfer market (but again we might not) but brassic we ain't.

If we only get Cadden in before Sunderland (which just having listened to KRs interview seems entirely possible) then how anyone can defend the summer recruitment up until that point I just don't know. It is of course more than partially due to the ridiculous timing of the transfer window, but to start the season without a single proper, fit senior striker and to be relying on a player who failed in that position last year as a first choice CB (and the manager discounted earlier in the summer) is patently not good enough.
At least we do have some central defenders. We don’t have a single fit striker which means we’re not able to practice playing in our desired way. This is absolute negligence. It’s very hard to believe we’ll get Evans, surely there must be someone cheaper and more local who would fit the bill

Defending for their goals left a lot to be desired today. If as speculated only one player comes in before the Sunderland game, with CB and forwards needed, then someone needs to explain why the club hasn't been able to get deals done, when clubs with seemingly smaller budgets have.

Did though anyone have any real hope in the same promises that were made last year of early recruitment etc. The board don't seem interested, and could be a long game of catch up again.

1 player in, 3 that haven't said no yet. I think its clear the 1 in is the questionable deal for Cadden...
Yes but they will have a list of defenders they want,when the top one becomes unavailable they will move to the next.The gamble at the moment is how long do you wait for the top one or do you just get one in to fill the position?

It’s quite simple to me. If we haven’t brought in an experienced CB and CF by the time we head to Sunderland then this summers recruitment process has failed in its objectives.

If people think that makes me less of a supporter then them, negative or a squawker then I’ll hold my hands up and accept it.

It’s quite simple to me. If we haven’t brought in an experienced CB and CF by the time we head to Sunderland then this summers recruitment process has failed in its objectives.

If people think that makes me less of a supporter then them, negative or a squawker then I’ll hold my hands up and accept it.

well I can think of at least one who will question your support for daring to voice an opinion

come on guys!!

the point of this forum is to take part in healthy, respectful debate, based around interesting subject matter, about a club that we all care about, and we're all entitled to voice our opinion, and to respectfully disagree on these matters, but all this unpleasant digging at each other is creating a pretty toxic atmosphere.

we're all desperate for some positive news, and getting more frustrated with each week that goes by, but we can't control anything about it, but we can control our behaviour towards each other, as reading all the unpleasant digs is becoming as depressing and frustrating as the bloody transfer window itself!

lets just keep it friendly yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom