Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, that is interesting.

So assuming that is correct (which is always dangerous on here!), our billionaire board could gift a sum of say £1 million that could then increase our playing budget.

I’m not saying they should just give us free money but interesting to know that they could if they wanted.
I think that would be in breach of FFP rules

Just on our soulless stadium.

This isn't a negative post. This is my perception.

It's only soulless when we are losing.........convenient that. When we're winning, the players 'love' playing there. When the crowd create a atmosphere as we did on a number of occasions second half of the season, it's great. It's also "soulless" because our Ultras, however militant they might be, got mucked about on a number of occasions. None of that, is Firoz's fault. It's got beautiful decoration of players past and present in the tunnel area, it has a beautiful home changing room with decor, it'll soon have, with Firoz's permission, a new East Stand mural.

Not bad for a soulless, derelict stadium.

It's only soulless when we are losing.........convenient that. When we're winning, the players 'love' playing there. When the crowd create a atmosphere as we did on a number of occasions second half of the season, it's great. It's also "soulless" because our Ultras, however militant they might be, got mucked about on a number of occasions. None of that, is Firoz's fault. It's got beautiful decoration of players past and present in the tunnel area, it has a beautiful home changing room with decor, it'll soon have, with Firoz's permission, a new East Stand mural.

Totally agree, the big cup games and Swindon matches also prove it can generate a great atmosphere, i think the general apathy around the club and lack of direction lend itself to the "souless" description.

Ranger would be a good signing, we would get a talented player (albeit with a horrendous reputation) for a low wage.

His talent has never been in doubt, if Robbo can keep him on the straight and narrow he will be a good addition.

And if he repeats his past behaviour he can be fired out the door
Apart from a s**t attitude, he isn’t that prolific. He has played 156 league games in 10 years and scored only 24 goals. So he averages 15 games a year, or 2.4 goals a year. Which is one goal every 6.5 games. We could expect to get a paltry 7 goals from a full season. No thanx.

I am not going to say whose 'fault' it is but many will disagree with your comments.
I have always go and will always go.
But I know a number of people who will not go to games/ will go to fewer games due to the unfinished/ soul less ground that we have.
From the players perspective, it is no surprise that they think that it is soulless. The atmosphere is far worse due to the fence end. Does anybodyv really disagree with that?
Of course in winter the wind is far worse and makes playing decent football far more difficult due to the exposed end. The number of times players after the game say something to the effect that the wind was far more difficult than it looked which made playing football difficult.
I understand from am economic perspective that the 4th stand may bot make sense (although Oxvox seemed to have a temporary stand they could arrange a few years ago?)
But most I would suggest probably think that the ground is pretty soulless and will remain that until the ground is completed

It is acceptable if it is buying shares in the club iirc, as a loan it is a breach.
But I’m sure if shares were issued to raise much needed funds and the value is a tad extortionate I think the FA may look into it, I have no problem with raising money so our club can succeed but if a million is raised for players it would need to be repeated every season and that’s what the FA look at, but look at Bournemouth their owner Max Denim pays any fines without the blink of an eyelid and they breached FFP rules big time. So it could be done but would our backers ( if they exist as it doesn’t look like it at the moment ) they be prepared to pay the fine for breach of FFP rules?

I agree that the stadium can on occasion be a vibrant noisy place. But there are things that mean that isn't easy to accomplish. Some are to do with the stadium, some not.

One problem of course is that for run of the mill games, the place is half full - and the amount of opposition supporters is sometimes very low. Those are the main reasons it's not always great. The Ultras did do something to help - but that's water under the bridge.

The stadium itself doesn't help though - the unfinished end, the distance from the pitch, the grey concrete, the poor acoustics. When the place is rocking, it is despite the stadium not because of it!

Thanks, that is interesting.

So assuming that is correct (which is always dangerous on here!), our billionaire board could gift a sum of say £1 million that could then increase our playing budget.

I’m not saying they should just give us free money but interesting to know that they could if they wanted.
They could, as long as the £1m was a gift / donation and not a loan that added to club debt.
But if the new players were given 3 year contracts, then that is a commitment of £3m they could not get back (unless we were promoted).
Also if the directors get bored and bail early, we end up like Bolton, unable to pay the players.

But I’m sure if shares were issued to raise much needed funds and the value is a tad extortionate I think the FA may look into it, I have no problem with raising money so our club can succeed but if a million is raised for players it would need to be repeated every season and that’s what the FA look at, but look at Bournemouth their owner Max Denim pays any fines without the blink of an eyelid and they breached FFP rules big time. So it could be done but would our backers ( if they exist as it doesn’t look like it at the moment ) they be prepared to pay the fine for breach of FFP rules?

The number of shares would have to match the investment value. I can't remember the club off the top of my head in the lower leagues but there is one where the owner does this to cover their losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom