Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our wage bill is limited by financial fair play rules to 60% of our income. Potential for growing that income is limited due to the stadium situation.
Of course our rich directors could fund an increased wage bill but the rules state that any such 'donations' cannot increase the clubs debt so would effectively be gifts that they'd have to write off. To compete with the top clubs that would be at least £15m over 3 years so highly unlikely.
And we may have been blown out of the water by Bury but is that really a financial model we want OUFC to aspire to?
I’m aware of the ins and outs of our financial restraints, but we are not on an even playing field and can compete with every team in this league as suggested, we just don’t offer enough wages to be on a par with the bigger teams.

The US club aren’t able to announce him signing for them yet. Therefore, he can’t be unveiled as our loan signing, yet.

Cadden is a deal that is in place and will happen.

Re: favouring us over Sunderland. That may well have something to do with the decision behind him joining them in Jan ‘20. If my information remains correct, subject to him not being a complete flop with us, he will still move to Sunderland in January.
If your’e right then I would blow any loan with Cadden out Of the window and tell him to fook off.

I’m aware of the ins and outs of our financial restraints, but we are not on an even playing field and can compete with every team in this league as suggested, we just don’t offer enough wages to be on a par with the bigger teams.
Of course that's right. But all other things being equal, if Sunderlands' average crowd is 3 times bigger than ours then, under FFP rules, their wage bill can be 3 times larger than ours.

The US club aren’t able to announce him signing for them yet. Therefore, he can’t be unveiled as our loan signing, yet.

Cadden is a deal that is in place and will happen.

Re: favouring us over Sunderland. That may well have something to do with the decision behind him joining them in Jan ‘20. If my information remains correct, subject to him not being a complete flop with us, he will still move to Sunderland in January.
IF this happens and IF this is how things plan out then it would be a very questionable move by the club to say the least.

Have to say though, no idea if we will get cadden, but I can't see this scenario happening, don't think we would accept such a deal, don't think Tiger and KR are stupid enough to accept such a deal (and if they do then they need their heads examining)

Our wage bill is limited by financial fair play rules to 60% of our income. Potential for growing that income is limited due to the stadium situation.
Of course our rich directors could fund an increased wage bill but the rules state that any such 'donations' cannot increase the clubs debt so would effectively be gifts that they'd have to write off. To compete with the top clubs that would be at least £15m over 3 years so highly unlikely.
And we may have been blown out of the water by Bury but is that really a financial model we want OUFC to aspire to?

Thanks, that is interesting.

So assuming that is correct (which is always dangerous on here!), our billionaire board could gift a sum of say £1 million that could then increase our playing budget.

I’m not saying they should just give us free money but interesting to know that they could if they wanted.

Thanks, that is interesting.

So assuming that is correct (which is always dangerous on here!), our billionaire board could gift a sum of say £1 million that could then increase our playing budget.

I’m not saying they should just give us free money but interesting to know that they could if they wanted.

They could also talk to us and tell us their long term plan(s).

IF this happens and IF this is how things plan out then it would be a very questionable move by the club to say the least.

Have to say though, no idea if we will get cadden, but I can't see this scenario happening, don't think we would accept such a deal, don't think Tiger and KR are stupid enough to accept such a deal (and if they do then they need their heads examining)

The same Tiger that has repeatedly failed to pay people on time thats resulted in multiple HMRC issues? I think it’s probably best to not determine Tiger’s level of stupidity at all as far as our club is concerned.

Perhaps the deal has changed and will not pan out as I’ve stated and tbh, I hope it doesn’t and we sign him permanently or on a 12 month deal with no break. However, I’m just speaking as I’ve been advised by yelp people inside the club.

I’d imagine most players don’t really care if we’ve got a fantastic training ground. They care about how much they’re going to get paid and will it be on time.

Sure there will be interest in the facilities and what the back team is like (physio, coaches etc.). But as to whether they think “oh look a recently laid £1m training pitch” I doubt it.

Ultimately like any employee an office is an office. Some are better than others but what I’m walking home with at the end of the month is what I’m interested in.

I’d imagine most players don’t really care if we’ve got a fantastic training ground. They care about how much they’re going to get paid and will it be on time.

Sure there will be interest in the facilities and what the back team is like (physio, coaches etc.). But as to whether they think “oh look a recently laid £1m training pitch” I doubt it.

Ultimately like any employee an office is an office. Some are better than others but what I’m walking home with at the end of the month is what I’m interested in.

So are you saying you wouldn’t care if for work you had to sit on a tiny, uncomfortable chair working in a cold, damp box room?

Facilities may not be the deciding factor, but they are a factor.

So are you saying you wouldn’t care if for work you had to sit on a tiny, uncomfortable chair working in a cold, damp box room?

No I’m saying that if I had to pick between a number of companies all of whom had fairly similar facilities (yes some better than others) I’d pick the highest paid job.

The players we are targeting are (I assume) also being targeted by clubs with comparable facilities. It’s not like Sunderland, Portsmouth or whoever are walking them round a portacabin and the village green.

Quite right. This is professional sport we are talking about, not a branch of some estate agents. If a player's career can be enhanced and extended by proper treatment, training and a fit and proper stage on which to perform, then I would imagine that most, if not all, serious players would choose the better facilities. Salary will be a factor but earnings are dictated by performance and skills. (enhanced by some grubby agent, of course!)

Agree, I’m at an office in London today and they have free breakfast facilities, games room etc.
Where I work has absolutely nothing.

wasn't part of the attraction to Bury for some players because of the first rate training facilities at Carrington?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom