Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I can give a fairly objective opinion on things and certainly there’s no panic on my behalf. Since half the lads I used to watch Oxford with no longer go, other than a few games I wouldn’t say there’s a lot about us that has me panicking or going crazy like some of the ‘older days’ (for me).

In my opinion there has definitely been a change in either how or who we recruit. Regardless of what we think about Eales we brought in some very good players, without too much in the way of excitement. We didn’t do too badly under Wilder either in L2. Ok we had some shockers but we didn’t seem to be involved in some sort of bun fight every week.

In the last two seasons we seem to continually be in competition/bidding against/waiting on etc. players. Some don’t even run.

We have and we could get into lengthy debates about our ownership but I do think we also have to look at how the club is currently presented as well as the wages/fees we’re offering to pay.

I have no idea what we offer anyone but if I was looking for a new job and the company appeared to have financial difficulties (whether settled or not) it would inform my decision. Some new office furniture, smoking shelter etc. would not.

The one consistent thing in previous regimes (recently) is that we’ve appeared to be pretty stable off the field. It was a bonus when we also were seen as a team to move to to boost your career! At the moment (as an employer) I don’t think we look particularly great (from what we see as fans) and ultimately footballers in 2019 are employees looking for an employer.

Going from looking at players like Cadden, Findlay and Evans to Nile Ranger is like failing to get a seat at Bella Italia so instead opting to eat out of the bins.

If true, it doesn't add up at all, and it really calls into question our recruitment team.

ha how can our strategy go from 500k on a CB, ~200k on Cadden...to considering Ranger ?

? Our recruitment of strikers in recent times has been absolutely shite. In the last 5 windows (including this one) we’ve only signed 2 strikers on permanent deals - Jon Obika and Jamie Mackie - both for free. Its completely out of sync with our recruitment elsewhere on the pitch where we have made some decent investments. We’ve known for a long time that we need to recruit a couple of strikers. Our recruitment team, which is generally very good, should be capable of identifying some decent targets. Yes, strikers are expensive, but you can’t bury your head in the sand and try and get by without signing them. If we are genuinely entertaining the idea of signing Ranger now then something is going seriously wrong.

Just watched the interview in FULL. I am inclined to agree with you and KR looks dejected.

The pitch , though, looks like a billiard table.
The BIG positives this week: The U23s are looking really good!, The pitch looks brilliant! Jamie Mackie is hopefully going to be able to play 30 mins on Saturday!

I’m starting to get a bit cynical now.

Going from looking at players like Cadden, Findlay and Evans to Nile Ranger is like failing to get a seat at Bella Italia so instead opting to eat out of the bins.
So start with some pretty low standards and quickly slide into the left overs?

We knew that Curtis would be off in the summer and that Sinclair wasn't a done deal by any stretch so surely we had time to locate a few targets that were within budget?
Not sure what is going on but I'm starting to get nervous ....still time but come on QPR and Fulham should have seen most of the team getting settled .

If true, it doesn't add up at all, and it really calls into question our recruitment team.
No. It questions the man with the pursestrings. Im not convinced we were ever truly in for the above.

? Our recruitment of strikers in recent times has been absolutely shite. In the last 5 windows (including this one) we’ve only signed 2 strikers on permanent deals - Jon Obika and Jamie Mackie - both for free. Its completely out of sync with our recruitment elsewhere on the pitch where we have made some decent investments. We’ve known for a long time that we need to recruit a couple of strikers. Our recruitment team, which is generally very good, should be capable of identifying some decent targets. Yes, strikers are expensive, but you can’t bury your head in the sand and try and get by without signing them. If we are genuinely entertaining the idea of signing Ranger now then something is going seriously wrong.

I think the recruitment team is pretty much one person...plus NMc, KR, Faz.

All quite amusing really...when we start looking to injury prone players KR has previously worked with I will start worrying!

Who says signing Ranger means Evan's is out the window. You all say we need 3 strikers, so Mackie,Evan's,Ranger would be 3 and would Ranger not be a good 3rd choice?

Robinson has never said we would spend on a striker he clearly prioritises the budget we do on filling centre back(more important then St) and another winger which personally is right decision as you want 2 players for each position which we haven't got in either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom