Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s true that we’re meeting Ranger and his reps today, why werent we meeting him in May or even April to talk terms, or even during the time he was training with us? It would suggest to me that we’re scraping the barrel with options at striker. That we weren’t interested, but now, all of a sudden, we are. And before anyone suggests that we might have been in negotiations with him all this time, I’d struggle to believe it. I can’t imagine he’s having to weigh up that many options.

Forward wind a few days..

"I think we should congratulate Karl and Tiger for their commitment to rehabilitation and fourth chances. It's not often you see people in this results based business give players like Nile Ranger a platform from which he can build his life again. From what I understand Nile has been on the top of their shopping list and it's great that they've been able to get this deal over the line. No doubt the naysayers will say that we're scraping the barrel when what we've actually done is given an extremely talented and misunderstood man the chance he deserves. Well done, Tiger, you really are the best of us"

Forward wind a few months, Ranger has scored a few goals and caused no issues

‘I never actually said I was against him coming here...’

Perhaps., mous was asked to do one more season as Robinson new he would struggle to attract the players we need. KR looks at him as a center back.
We are so short of cb, cf, its a bit concerning.

I haven’t said it’s a done deal. I’ve said they’ve met so he is a player that’s being considered quite seriously.

I’m not saying we’ve signed him by any means but just sharing what I know to be true.
If they’ve met when you consider he was on trial before and KR thanks but no thanks them I’m afraid we are scrapping the barrel and KR is going backwards in recruitment and certainly if he signed it would be wow we’ve stopped very low.

Couldn’t it be a case of we wanted to sign him but his wage demands were too high - he’s now lowered them, so we’re back in?

Or, he’s gone away, worked at his fitness, and asked for a 6 month chance on a pay as you play contract?

We just don’t know at this stage

It
Perhaps., mous was asked to do one more season as Robinson new he would struggle to attract the players we need. KR looks at him as a center back.
We are so short of cb, cf, its a bit concerning.
Doesn't sound like it.
It sounds like Mous was offered a coaching role but wants to continue playing and 'fighting for my place'.
I think it more likely that KR wanted him to coach which could have freed up another CB player.

Just watched Karl's latest iFollow interview. If anyone is expecting a signing today, I think you are going to be disappointed; the impression he gives is that nothing is imminent. Chris Williams asks him if anyone is likely to sign before the weekend and he doesn't answer in the fashion of a man that thinks someone will. I'd sum it up as more of the 'we're after the right player' stuff but does say that he feels we're behind another club in two of the deals and leading in the other.

He goes onto to praise the pitch and the stadium company for preparing it to an incredibly high standard,

Just watched the interview in FULL. I am inclined to agree with you and KR looks dejected.

The pitch , though, looks like a billiard table.

Couldn’t it be a case of we wanted to sign him but his wage demands were too high - he’s now lowered them, so we’re back in?

Or, he’s gone away, worked at his fitness, and asked for a 6 month chance on a pay as you play contract?

We just don’t know at this stage
It appears that he hadn't played for 18 months (unless anybody knows differently)
He was very unreliable (Southend weren't the first to get rid of him for misbehaviour)
It would seriously suggest that we are desperate.

It appears that he hadn't played for 18 months (unless anybody knows differently)
He was very unreliable (Southend weren't the first to get rid of him for misbehaviour)
It would seriously suggest that we are desperate.
Ah like Tiendali then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom