Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
well we're at it there's some Eastern Europeans that can help us out during their winter break !!!!!

RO report this morning that a loan deal for Evans is still ‘some way off’. With this well publicised approach, including the situation of Robinson asking the opinion of supporters from all backgrounds, while admitting the deal is still some way off, I’m hoping it’s a smokescreen and there’s an alternative striker a lot closer to being completed. I hope the sagas for both him and Findlay don’t drag on for too long. If progress isn’t being made relatively quickly then we should move on sharpish. I’m sure Robinson is well aware that alternative targets are starting to get snapped up so he can’t afford to hang around with clubs or players that want to play hardball. What does concern me is this widely reported fee for Findlay, If and when we turn our attention to other targets, the clubs are going to be well aware of what we offered to Kilmarnock and will want that for themselves.

Last edited:
Things appear to be moving closer and closer to the ongoing (and largely public) saga that was 18/19 summer transfer window.

I’ll wait to pass judgement when the windows close but it’s about time we signed one of the numerous players we’ve been linked with/KR has referred to.
I think its surely obvious that we are onto our 6th/7th choices by now. Robbo even admits hes not sure how feasible a deal for Evans is, so its clearly not one weve been pursuing for a while.

Very disappointing.

RO report this morning that a loan deal for Evans is still ‘some way off’. With this well publicised approach, including the situation of Robinson asking the opinion of supporters from all backgrounds, while admitting the deal is still some way off, I’m hoping it’s a smokescreen and there’s an alternative striker a lot closer to being completed. I hope the sagas for both him and Findlay don’t drag on for too long. If progress isn’t being made relatively quickly then we should move on sharpish. I’m sure Robinson is well aware that alternative targets are starting to get snapped up so he can’t afford to hang around with clubs or players that want to play hardball. What does concern me is this widely reported fee for Findlay, If and when we turn our attention to other targets, the clubs are going to be well aware of what we offered to Kilmarnock and will want that for themselves.

you make it sound so very simplistic, it is not a case of this is our offer yes or no now please...what if the player indicates his desire to join and he and his Agent then receive/make a call involving another club, do you expect them not to see what's on offer?...Do you want us to say Bollox if you speak to another club our offer is withdrawn? We target players within our budget that will fit in to how we wish to play,other clubs will be fishing in the same pond and the Agents and players have all the power...Robbo can only do so much and we all know that despite the great club great fans clique that gets heard from incoming players it's about who pays the most ££££££.
The saga with Cadden is a sign of the times, when a player prefers America but is willing to play for you on loan for a few months and we have to suck it up to get players in then you know you're in trouble yet many on here seem ok with this scenario.
so you've given those on your list a target of 2 weeks to sign and they haven't what now? just sign the dregs and journeymen?
As i said before just think of the implications of a player joining an american club and is loaned back to us, it should be the other way around...Let's Digest this before complaining about robbo and the staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its surely obvious that we are onto our 6th/7th choices by now. Robbo even admits hes not sure how feasible a deal for Evans is, so its clearly not one weve been pursuing for a while.

Very disappointing.

Yes. We’ve bid half a million pound for our 6/7th choice centre back...

Do you actually believe the crap you come out with?

Every time we get mentioned in the media for an ambitious move, I fear it's the end of it happening. The only way we're going to convince the likes of Findlay to join us is to offer a salary that beats the other options that will become available to him. Unless I very much mistaken, we are unable to do that (and I wouldn't think it was right for us to do unless it was the owner that carried the obligation, rather than the club). We seem to be able to pay higher salaries than many of the SPL clubs but the media publicity will only help to bring others of higher standing and deeper pockets to take our place at the table.

They're distractions that give us false hope, while the tick-tocking of time pulsates ever louder in the background.

Yes. We’ve bid half a million pound for our 6/7th choice centre back...

Do you actually believe the crap you come out with?
Im suggesting that Findlay was pretty much not on our top targets (despite being a quality player) and we have missed out on several (Pierre etc) so are now having to bid through the nose.

There is zero chance hell end up here.

you make it sound so very simplistic, it is not a case of this is our offer yes or no now please...what if the player indicates his desire to join and he and his Agent then receive/make a call involving another club, do you expect them not to see what's on offer?...Do you want us to say Bollox if you speak to another club our offer is withdrawn? We target players within our budget that will fit in to how we wish to play,other clubs will be fishing in the same pond and the Agents and players have all the power...Robbo can only do so much and we all know that despite the great club great fans clique that gets heard from incoming players it's about who pays the most ££££££.
The saga with Cadden is a sign of the times, when a player prefers America but is willing to play for you on loan for a few months and we have to suck it up to get players in then you know you're in trouble yet many on here seem ok with this scenario.
so you've given those on your list a target of 2 weeks to sign and they haven't what now? just sign the dregs and journeymen?
As i said before just think of the implications of a player joining an american club and is loaned back to us, it should be the other way around...Let's Digest this before complaining about robbo and the staff
I get what you’re saying but it’s a difficult balancing act. How long do we leave it? What happens if we wait for another two or theee weeks and the player then decides not to come? I appreciate recruitment is an almost impossible task these days.

I really don’t understand this overly public way of doing things. The Evans story from this morning is just bizarre. “Yeah, we’re interested in this bloke, we’ve been having a chat with some fans over the railings down the pre season matches to see if they fancy the idea.” That, to me, is mad. We’re now in the middle of July and we’re only just beginning to make enquiries about a striker, in public, and it also seems that every target is now freely available. This defender is the one we’re bidding for, this is the striker we want, this winger is the one we’ve been trying to do a deal with, here are the names of the lads playing on trial... It seems we do our business in the open now like some sort of carnival attraction. Fosu was exactly the same, though thankfully that one went over the line eventually.

It is what it is in terms of recruitment. I’ve got my season ticket and have my card details ready for when Sunderland tickets go on sale, and I am sure that at ‘some point’ we will get a few more players in. How good they are or how quickly that happens, we’ll wait and see, but we will get some more players in and then see how it goes. I’m simply not sure this posturing, soundbite culture that seems to have taken over the transfer policy in recent windows is particularly wise or helpful.

how or why is it crap? if everyone involved was just sat on their ass that would be crap, if we were just waiting for players to walk through the door then that would be crap....have an opinion by all means but to keep suggesting or inferring that efforts are not being made just because a player has not/does not sign is bizarre.
as a fan you await news of a signing, as i said above think of the implications of a player preferring to go to America to possible be loaned back here..try to digest this and then imagine what it must be like for the manager trying to sort out deals...if you want the dregs and journeymen they'll come, if you wish the never will be premiershi*e kids and others that just use our club to further their career and we can never afford to buy them then yes they'll come too once no championship club or bigger club in our league don't want them.
it does not matter if they are 1st 5th or 25th choice as long as they "want" to play for our club and give 100%.

The less said by us the better when it comes to transfer targets. The major trouble with that though is that leaks more often then come from the club and/or the agent.
Once a club is seen to be interested then it is in the players (and his parent clubs) interest to get that news out there in the hope that others will come in with better deals.

how or why is it crap? if everyone involved was just sat on their ass that would be crap, if we were just waiting for players to walk through the door then that would be crap....have an opinion by all means but to keep suggesting or inferring that efforts are not being made just because a player has not/does not sign is bizarre.
as a fan you await news of a signing, as i said above think of the implications of a player preferring to go to America to possible be loaned back here..try to digest this and then imagine what it must be like for the manager trying to sort out deals...if you want the dregs and journeymen they'll come, if you wish the never will be premiershi*e kids and others that just use our club to further their career and we can never afford to buy them then yes they'll come too once no championship club or bigger club in our league don't want them.
it does not matter if they are 1st 5th or 25th choice as long as they "want" to play for our club and give 100%.
It's crap because once again KR promised early moves. It's crap because he has an end of season meeting with directors to determine transfer funds and policy and then repeats this again at he Glasgow game - why? It's crap because KR yet again is talking publicly about transfers and thus alerting any other interested clubs. It's crap because it sounds like groundhog day again - yet we were told it wouldn't be. It's crap because prospective transfers are talked about for weeks and most come to nothing - so why not talk about it when it's over the line - like it used to be.

I really don’t understand this overly public way of doing things. The Evans story from this morning is just bizarre. “Yeah, we’re interested in this bloke, we’ve been having a chat with some fans over the railings down the pre season matches to see if they fancy the idea.” That, to me, is mad. We’re now in the middle of July and we’re only just beginning to make enquiries about a striker, in public, and it also seems that every target is now freely available. This defender is the one we’re bidding for, this is the striker we want, this winger is the one we’ve been trying to do a deal with, here are the names of the lads playing on trial... It seems we do our business in the open now like some sort of carnival attraction. Fosu was exactly the same, though thankfully that one went over the line eventually.

It is what it is in terms of recruitment. I’ve got my season ticket and have my card details ready for when Sunderland tickets go on sale, and I am sure that at ‘some point’ we will get a few more players in. How good they are or how quickly that happens, we’ll wait and see, but we will get some more players in and then see how it goes. I’m simply not sure this posturing, soundbite culture that seems to have taken over the transfer policy in recent windows is particularly wise or helpful.
Pretty much echoes my feelings on things but you’ve articulated it all better than I can. I also think this ‘x-factor’ style of getting the fans to vote on a transfer target is unnecessary. If Robinson wants him and thinks he’s the best striker available and will fit into his system he should go and get him. It all seems a little too late in the transfer window to start canvassing the opinion of supporters on targets. I thought that’s why we had a recruitment department.

In the interest of fairness though, this could be being blown out of proportion. It’s Robinsons style to chat away about things during interviews that are a bit spur of the moment and ‘throw away’ comments. It’s probably not going to ultimately have any bearing on whether he signs or not! ?

Teams and players don't need to do business with you, so all the plans you have will more than be chip paper the moment the transfer window opens. Football transfers are not a static and predictable beast, unless you are prepared to throw over the market money at players and teams.

Sorry @horseman I can’t agree with you, so Cadden has chosen a club who already have their overseas player quota, that his choice but as a club I would move on and let someone else pick him up for a loan as we seem to have an abundance of midfield player. What I am inferring to is “ we will start early “ every season and the usual B*****s we may pick up a couple the week before the season starts but are they what we wanted.
Yes I sit in hope that the Klaxon will sound and wait in anticipation for the unveiling tomorrow f our new player that is permanent and not a loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom