Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry @horseman I can’t agree with you, so Cadden has chosen a club who already have their overseas player quota, that his choice but as a club I would move on and let someone else pick him up for a loan as we seem to have an abundance of midfield player. What I am inferring to is “ we will start early “ every season and the usual B*****s we may pick up a couple the week before the season starts but are they what we wanted.
Yes I sit in hope that the Klaxon will sound and wait in anticipation for the unveiling tomorrow f our new player that is permanent and not a loan.

so like most managers he "wanted" to get things done early, for reasons that may not have happened see above but that does not mean no effort was made...as for whether theose we get were "what we wanted" they may not have been in the top pecking order but again as i've said it matters not whether they were 1st 5th or 25th the important is they want to be here and give 100%...you keep saying if they don't want to be here move on yet you're expecting business done early regardless of many factors preventing it.

Pretty much echoes my feelings on things but you’ve articulated it all better than I can. I also think this ‘x-factor’ style of getting the fans to vote on a transfer target is unnecessary. If Robinson wants him and thinks he’s the best striker available and will fit into his system he should go and get him. It all seems a little too late in the transfer window to start canvassing the opinion of supporters on targets. I thought that’s why we had a recruitment department.

In the interest of fairness though, this could be being blown out of proportion. It’s Robinsons style to chat away about things during interviews that are a bit spur of the moment and ‘throw away’ comments. It’s probably not going to ultimately have any bearing on whether he signs or not! [emoji846]
Didn't something similar happen with Nile Ranger..in the end he wasn't thought suitable for various reasons.

so like most managers he "wanted" to get things done early, for reasons that may not have happened see above but that does not mean no effort was made...as for whether theose we get were "what we wanted" they may not have been in the top pecking order but again as i've said it matters not whether they were 1st 5th or 25th the important is they want to be here and give 100%...you keep saying if they don't want to be here move on yet you're expecting business done early regardless of many factors preventing it.
What I cannot fathom if he wants his business done early then obviously the targets are and surely although if under contract it would be illegal but the player would already know of our interest. Have we set our sights to high yes possibly which I have no problem with but money has to be taken into account and some players only want the best on offer which considering the job of a footballer is short.
I thought after Sunday tiger said there was one possibly two due this week.

What I cannot fathom if he wants his business done early then obviously the targets are and surely although if under contract it would be illegal but the player would already know of our interest. Have we set our sights to high yes possibly which I have no problem with but money has to be taken into account and some players only want the best on offer which considering the job of a footballer is short.
I thought after Sunday tiger said there was one possibly two due this week.
In amongst all this palaver, if theres one thing weve learnt from 1.5 years of Tiger and Robbo is that, if they say something will happen, you can bet your bottom dollar it wont.

I really don’t understand this overly public way of doing things. The Evans story from this morning is just bizarre. “Yeah, we’re interested in this bloke, we’ve been having a chat with some fans over the railings down the pre season matches to see if they fancy the idea.”

Exactly the same way we handled the Nile Ranger situation. He was never going to come here and Evans will also not be coming, it's just KR incredibly public way of protecting himself from people who think he's not looking hard enough.

you make it sound so very simplistic, it is not a case of this is our offer yes or no now please...what if the player indicates his desire to join and he and his Agent then receive/make a call involving another club, do you expect them not to see what's on offer?...Do you want us to say Bollox if you speak to another club our offer is withdrawn? We target players within our budget that will fit in to how we wish to play,other clubs will be fishing in the same pond and the Agents and players have all the power...Robbo can only do so much and we all know that despite the great club great fans clique that gets heard from incoming players it's about who pays the most ££££££.
The saga with Cadden is a sign of the times, when a player prefers America but is willing to play for you on loan for a few months and we have to suck it up to get players in then you know you're in trouble yet many on here seem ok with this scenario.
so you've given those on your list a target of 2 weeks to sign and they haven't what now? just sign the dregs and journeymen?
As i said before just think of the implications of a player joining an american club and is loaned back to us, it should be the other way around...Let's Digest this before complaining about robbo and the staff
Agree with you that the players and agents have the power but why would you say ‘it should be the other way round’ I.e. us loaning players to the MLS. I think you need to understand that MLS clubs are way bigger than League 1 players and many Championship clubs in terms of finances and fan base. Things evolve and so should we as a club. Time to draw a line in the sand with short term loan signings and be smarter with out long term recruitment. To be fair we’ve recruited Midfielders well on permanent deals but it’s clear we need to have a change of strategy in how we’re attracting strikers. If that means, goal related, promotion, assist bonuses etc. or relocation packages we should try it because it’s clear that it’s not working. All we’re doing by signing loan players is creating a Groundhog Day scenario of not having enough players in the building every summer. Let’s learn some lessons and put more resources into permanent deals. I personally think offering 500k for a central defender is a mistake. Let the likes of Nico Jones have some first team experience and use that money to get in quality strikers. If we score 2/3 and concede 1/2 in a game, happy days!

They've just signed another international, who takes that spot.

Reading that report, it suggests that Columbus are allowed to sign an extra international player
"... the club has acquired forward Jordan Hamilton, an international roster spot for the 2019 MLS season, $50,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) and the Right of First Refusal for an unnamed player in exchange for forward Patrick Mullins"

Reading that report, it suggests that Columbus are allowed to sign an extra international player
"... the club has acquired forward Jordan Hamilton, an international roster spot for the 2019 MLS season, $50,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) and the Right of First Refusal for an unnamed player in exchange for forward Patrick Mullins"
have they actually signed Cadden? Either way lets draw a line under it and move on

Just a slight note but looking at the transfers so far in L1 you can see we are near the bottom of transfers in you can see also the clubs that will be there or there about a at the end of the season with the transfer activity, so assuming we have big bucks to spend to get the quality to put us there or there abouts at the end of the season, I fear maybe not as bad as last season but certainly a bottom half finish.

Just a slight note but looking at the transfers so far in L1 you can see we are near the bottom of transfers in you can see also the clubs that will be there or there about a at the end of the season with the transfer activity, so assuming we have big bucks to spend to get the quality to put us there or there abouts at the end of the season, I fear maybe not as bad as last season but certainly a bottom half finish.
We were top half last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom