Chairman Too Many Chiefs

To answer the original post, I'd argue that there are not enough chiefs, or that the chiefs we do have are not performing as well as they can.

It appears that there is a lack of direction and leadership across all areas of the club. Many of those that work in the lower paid jobs do so because they are also fans of the club and we need to be careful when criticising the wage bill that we don't turn this criticism towards really good people doing their best. However, they are being let down by their chiefs, who are also being let down by the CEO and board.

The club needs a real shake up from top to bottom both on and off the pitch.

To answer the original post, I'd argue that there are not enough chiefs, or that the chiefs we do have are not performing as well as they can.

It appears that there is a lack of direction and leadership across all areas of the club. Many of those that work in the lower paid jobs do so because they are also fans of the club and we need to be careful when criticising the wage bill that we don't turn this criticism towards really good people doing their best. However, they are being let down by their chiefs, who are also being let down by the CEO and board.

Need to start with our Chairman and CEO they havenโ€™t exactly been that prolific in their albeit short time with the club but their handling over their handling of Robinson.

Its a very governmental way of thinking that more managers make for a successful outcome. What we need is better people in the top jobs (or at the very least for the people already there to do a better job). This season the club has been run on the football side as a bit of a disaster. We have under-performed massively on the pitch , in recruitment, and in marketing the club. If indeed this is down to a lack of leadership then we have the wrong leaders in place.

Amongst others I stated as soon as the season started that recruitment needed a massively overhaul before January and yet nothing at all was done. The same was said regarding the manager in November again no action until the end of February. Unless now lessons have been truly learnt then I suggest we need better leadership at the highest levels and if this happens then given the plethora of staff already here (many of whom I am sure are good at their jobs) we should do better. If not then some staff need to be replaced not added to.

My hope is that Manning and Waldron et al have been given (or will be) very clear targets for the summer and for next season (with eventualities depending on league). These should be shared with the fans, and then all involved should be reasonably held accountable in a timely manner should it look like the targets are being seriously failed. This is not rocket science, but it is something we have failed to do this season.

How did you steal scotcheggs log in details? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Refreshing post sir

Its a very governmental way of thinking that more managers make for a successful outcome. What we need is better people in the top jobs (or at the very least for the people already there to do a better job). This season the club has been run on the football side as a bit of a disaster. We have under-performed massively on the pitch , in recruitment, and in marketing the club. If indeed this is down to a lack of leadership then we have the wrong leaders in place.

Amongst others I stated as soon as the season started that recruitment needed a massively overhaul before January and yet nothing at all was done. The same was said regarding the manager in November again no action until the end of February. Unless now lessons have been truly learnt then I suggest we need better leadership at the highest levels and if this happens then given the plethora of staff already here (many of whom I am sure are good at their jobs) we should do better. If not then some staff need to be replaced not added to.

My hope is that Manning and Waldron et al have been given (or will be) very clear targets for the summer and for next season (with eventualities depending on league). These should be shared with the fans, and then all involved should be reasonably held accountable in a timely manner should it look like the targets are being seriously failed. This is not rocket science, but it is something we have failed to do this season.

Exactly so.
The best people in the top jobs, rather than friends of friends, or folk who seem to "say the right things"...........

And set them targets, although I did notice the financial report had such things.

Maybe that is why Karl went....

I hope that Liam Manning will start his Welsh lessons on Duolingo. Initially at least, there's no need for the club to hire a full-time teacher.

I hope that Liam Manning will start his Welsh lessons on Duolingo. Initially at least, there's no need for the club to hire a full-time teacher.
The sooner he does, the sooner the players will benefit from his secret tactics. Unless we go down and play Wrexham.

Just one point of note, Gary Bloom is on a sessional contract and whilst he is often based at the training ground for a day or two a week, he isn't paid for full days but for the time he spends with players. This varies depending on need, but is considerably less than suggested.

On a wider issue, it's not so much the number of people working at the club that is the problem. It's the fact that there is very little direction or leadership of these staff and many a ticking over doing the same kind of things they did at the club when we were in the conference. If we are serious about being a top 30 club then our marketing, commercial and communications departments need to reflect that. I would actually welcome more staff, and in more senior posts, to change the way the club operates from top to bottom. Get some of these departments running more efficiently and effectively and they'll bring in 10 x more revenue than what they earn.
He is not at the club.

Back
Top Bottom