Chairman Too Many Chiefs

I have no issue with the number of back room staff that our club have employed, however I do have concerns as to how many of them are well over promoted. The commercial department is a prime example, no one can say that they are up to the task of marketing a club of our size. The new commercial director has a big job on his hands if we want to become a top 30 club.

At least when NmW was chairman we saw him we heard from him and acted in a very professional b manner.

He addressed the fans very openly as the chairman and new what was best for the club.
He was tasked as chairman to help with the new ground and has been very upfront with the ground issues.

In come the new owners and change his job title and position from Chairman to Chief Strategy officer so he can concentrate fully in the new stadium.

He is a quietly well spoken chap who is striving to achieve our goal.

On Thursday at the KPC meeting he acted very cordially well spoken and answered questions from a couple of hostile questions made to him without having to think what answer to give.

With NmW we are in safe hands and at least with NmW you will see him and hear from him when the time requires him to.

At least we will see and hear from him more than his replacement and the new CEO

I’m more bothered about our chairman and ceo, I’d say Neil Mc is doing a sterling job.
While on the subject, have all the people listed now got their jobs back now KR has left the building.

Just one point of note, Gary Bloom is on a sessional contract and whilst he is often based at the training ground for a day or two a week, he isn't paid for full days but for the time he spends with players. This varies depending on need, but is considerably less than suggested.

On a wider issue, it's not so much the number of people working at the club that is the problem. It's the fact that there is very little direction or leadership of these staff and many a ticking over doing the same kind of things they did at the club when we were in the conference. If we are serious about being a top 30 club then our marketing, commercial and communications departments need to reflect that. I would actually welcome more staff, and in more senior posts, to change the way the club operates from top to bottom. Get some of these departments running more efficiently and effectively and they'll bring in 10 x more revenue than what they earn.

The latest accounts shows the average no of employees in the year ending 2022 to be 183, up from 146 in 2021.

The figures for previous years were 168 (2020), 166 (2019), 189 (2018) and 154 (2017).
And yet we still fail to fill our playing squad where the numbers really do matter

Thanks Robinson,Williams and Ferguson. What the f**k were you thinking

Better line up some questions for financial director for 5 min forum on this then.

it should also be pointed out that the club will have quite a lot of interns working for them on either no money or expenses only. Especially when it comes to the analysis department where they might be required to go through data or produce graphs and charts.

On our “tour” of the training ground offices on ‘that’ occasion, I was shocked to see so many offices full of what I can only assume were club employees engaged in, well, some kind of activity. What do they all actually DO?

On our “tour” of the training ground offices on ‘that’ occasion, I was shocked to see so many offices full of what I can only assume were club employees engaged in, well, some kind of activity. What do they all actually DO?
Ghost writing Karl’s autobiography maybe?

You can say that about any office though.

Crikey. 183 staff as is. Imagine how many it'll grow to when we backfill all of the extra roles Robinson was doing.

Who will be in charge of PR? Or Head Scout? Or Director of Football? Who is maintaining the Pash-un levels? Or getting the clarity? Or spotting healthy ligaments that nobody else can see?

Worrying times.

I had the pleasure of speaking with Niall very recently. He was both articulate and passionate about our (his too) football club.

NMc has been a supporter for many years and he is working tirelessly on the ground. Don’t make the mistake of thinking a reasoned and articulate approach, is in any way lacking in drive to get the ground issue resolved.

I have every reason to believe that Niall is the best person to front our quest for a new ground and secure our future. He lives and breathes OUFC and will do everything he can to represent our club in the best possible way.

I’d say clubs such as Derby, Barnsley, Sheff Weds, Ipswich and Pompey have more staff than we do.
I don’t see it as a concern of the amount of staff we have, I have concerns about whether those staff are doing the job effectively. Looking at our social media and retail operation I’d say they aren’t and that’s just the a few of the issues around the club.

I am expecting and hoping for a massive reset in the club through out this summer and hopefully measures are put in place to connect the club and fans back together, because right now it really isn’t.

I’ve always got a season ticket even though I have lived in Chester/North Wales for the last 10 years and I haven’t actually used my ticket once this season. For the first time I am questioning whether to get one or not due to the disconnect and I want to see the owners back their words up with actions.

And too many agents?

Wonder how many had Karl on speed dial........... ?

"Got a crock we need to shift, was good on paper bit shot now"

"Yep we`ll take him"

I’d say clubs such as Derby, Barnsley, Sheff Weds, Ipswich and Pompey have more staff than we do.
I don’t see it as a concern of the amount of staff we have, I have concerns about whether those staff are doing the job effectively. Looking at our social media and retail operation I’d say they aren’t and that’s just the a few of the issues around the club.

I am expecting and hoping for a massive reset in the club through out this summer and hopefully measures are put in place to connect the club and fans back together, because right now it really isn’t.

I’ve always got a season ticket even though I have lived in Chester/North Wales for the last 10 years and I haven’t actually used my ticket once this season. For the first time I am questioning whether to get one or not due to the disconnect and I want to see the owners back their words up with actions.
According to accounts via a quick Google search, Ipswich 181, Barnsley 116, Derby 229, Wednesday 246, Pompey 214.
Of course there is variation in how this is calculated.

Back
Top Bottom