League Two Tinpot Swindon

They will have plenty of local games to be thrilled about. Aldershot would be a great game to look forward to, with their leaking Victorian roof. Then there is the mighty Woking with their big game atmosphere with its expert stewarding. It might not be Luton, but Boreham Wood is a possibility for excitement. My personal favourite would be the opportunity to see Swindon play at Chelmsford City and take in the attraction of a Melbourne Park….the best I experienced when I played in the seventies.

Yes but Woking, think of the baps.

They will have plenty of local games to be thrilled about. Aldershot would be a great game to look forward to, with their leaking Victorian roof. Then there is the mighty Woking with their big game atmosphere with its expert stewarding. It might not be Luton, but Boreham Wood is a possibility for excitement. My personal favourite would be the opportunity to see Swindon play at Chelmsford City and take in the attraction of a Melbourne Park….the best I experienced when I played in the seventies.

Remember going there for an FA Trophy game during our promotion season. Stood behind a fence with a running track between you and the pitch.
Of all the odd matchday experiences from the conference years.....it was right up there!

Remember going there for an FA Trophy game during our promotion season. Stood behind a fence with a running track between you and the pitch.
Of all the odd matchday experiences from the conference years.....it was right up there!

Their fans know the ground as the Gulag.

Jake Young and Dan Kemp recalled from Swindon by MK Dons and Bradford respectively. That’s 30 of their 47 goals scored so far gone.

Uh oh.
They have also lost 5 if their last 6 games. Fluking a 2 1 win at home to FGR is the only win.
A shame they had such a good start...

They have also lost 5 if their last 6 games. Fluking a 2 1 win at home to FGR is the only win.
A shame they had such a good start...

Unfortunately there are at least 2 clubs worse than them. Sutton and FGR look awful and appear to be returning to their non league roots.

Now looking for their 34th manager since 2000.
Roughly 1.5 a year.
is there anyone out there who hasn’t managed these losers?
Wayne Hatswell did a good job for us🤣

Last edited:
Now looking for their 34th manager since 2000.
we've had high 20s in that time.
Craig Short is our only manager with a 100% win record.
However, his previous stint with a 0% win record is also our worst, so he cancels himself out :-D

Back
Top Bottom