Matches The League One run in

Thanks to Google's webcache facility, I found those results and the answer was 3 out of 11 - the Lincoln, MK & Peterborough results, although to be fair, they did get the scores right for the Dons and the Posh....

I know I said let’s take it one game at a time, and that is the right thing to do. The problem is I’m starting to get a bit excited, and starting to see a mirror image of Mapps time with us. 2nd season finishing runners up, playing a brand of football that we’d not seen before or for a very long time. KR is doing an amazing job with these players, and deserves all the plaudits that come his way. I think we also have to give credit to the coaching staff, and Garry Parker, and of course the players. Despite not being at our best for a couple of games, we are churning out results, and that’s what you need to do at the business end of the season. I think we might thrash a couple of teams before the season ends. Hopefully against Fleetwood and Pompey.

Looking at the remaining fixtures you'd like our chances of picking up the following:

5 wins - MK(h), Rochdale(a), Bristol R(h), Tranmere(a), Bolton(h)
3 draws - Wycombe(a), Pompey(h), Fleetwood(h)
1 defeat - Cov(a)

This would leave us on 78 points, which looking at the various prediction tables could be good for anything from 2nd to 7th. Of course this is football and anything can happen (see Rotherham yesterday) and only 1 more defeat this season might be a bit optimistic. We could definitely win more than 5 as well though ....

Basically it’s looking like 2 teams from 7 will go up - two of Rotherham, Oxford, Peterborough, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Fleetwood, Wycombe. So I make that we have about a 22% chance or going up...

Just seen the Rochdale game on Quest. That pitch is awful, as Rotherham found out to their cost, and it’s literally a cow field in places. Be interesting to see how Karl sets us up for the game, it definitely won’t suit our passing game which will be nay on impossible.

Rochdale, only this week have down their dome-type pitch cover to protect the playing surface:

Basically it’s looking like 2 teams from 7 will go up - two of Rotherham, Oxford, Peterborough, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Fleetwood, Wycombe. So I make that we have about a 22% chance or going up...

Errrr.......2/7 is more like 28.5%!

?

Just seen the Rochdale game on Quest. That pitch is awful, as Rotherham found out to their cost, and it’s literally a cow field in places. Be interesting to see how Karl sets us up for the game, it definitely won’t suit our passing game which will be nay on impossible.
Route one to Dan the Man and he will score

Unreal set of results for us tonight! Pompey Fleetwood draw and a Sunderland loss!

Pompey two shots on target at home, only one of which was a goal - the other goal was an OG. Either they're flattering to deceive or Fleetwood are the real deal.

Unreal set of results for us tonight! Pompey Fleetwood draw and a Sunderland loss!

Pompey two shots on target at home, only one of which was a goal - the other goal was an OG. Either they're flattering to deceive or Fleetwood are the real deal.

There was a lot of bookings in that Pompey game. Hopefully they build up for when we play both at home.

Fleetwood only have to play Rotherham and us in their remaining fixtures from the top teams. Our match against them looks massive.

Fleetwood only have to play Rotherham and us in their remaining fixtures from the top teams. Our match against them looks massive.
They dropped points against Blackpool though, and Blackpool lost to Tranmere tonight.

What a chance we have! Great results tonight. COYY!!
(On to the Sunderland forum for meltdown time)

OUFCX

I strongly suspect Fleetwood will go up automatically. They're now 12 unbeaten.

But they've drew their last 2 games. 2 draws = 2 points, 1 loss and 1 win = 3 points. They could go unbeaten to the end of the season and still miss out on the play offs. I reckon the top 6 now will be the same at the end of the season but Rotherham could be overtaken by Peterborough or even us. The good thing about tonight is its now nearly all in are own hands, only Wycombe have a game in hand on us. Every other team below us have to better are results to overtake us.

But they've drew their last 2 games. 2 draws = 2 points, 1 loss and 1 win = 3 points. They could go unbeaten to the end of the season and still miss out on the play offs. I reckon the top 6 now will be the same at the end of the season but Rotherham could be overtaken by Peterborough or even us. The good thing about tonight is its now nearly all in are own hands, only Wycombe have a game in hand on us. Every other team below us have to better are results to overtake us.

Wycombe game in hand is away to Coventry.

Back
Top Bottom